Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The War of Fire(fictional B5 story)

RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
Title: The War of Fire
Chapter/Part: Part I, Chapter 1
Genere: B5
Rating: G

And so here is my first try at writing a B5 story. Comments please. This is a very short first chapter. Suggestions, ext. wanted. Thanks. Here it is.

Part I The Beginning

Chapter 1

The Whitestar began its normal patrol of Sector 46. Moving with the grace of a bird it swooped down at full thrust towards the Human outpost. Turning to port it moved around the right side of the outpost. Moving past the outpost, it started to circle the planet below. Rounding around the side of the planet it moved out of the light from the sun and into the darkness. As it moved around the planet a sudden shriek filled the air. It was a sound that was not of the ear but of the mind. A glittering black entity seemed to waver in. The outpost started to launch a full wing of starfuries but it was to late. The Whitestar tried to evade, but it was too late for it also, for it was only to lose the engines in one slice of a red colored beam. The back half of the Whitestar spun slowly in space flying towards the light from the sun. The front half continued moving on its final course, right towards the planet. As the starfuries launched, the glittering black object moved into the light to reveal a shadow battlecrab. The Shadows had returned.

Comments

• nice [img]http://www.firstones.com/forums/smile.gif[/img]
  • Interesting... very interesting. Send us some more.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Ok. Here is the second chapter. My writing isn't very good, but here it is:
    Chapter/Part: Part I, Chapter 2
    Title: The War of Fire
    Genere: B5
    Rating: G

Chapter 2
    One hour later, the Whitestars surrounding the planet Trog 3 in Sector 45 the four Whitestars engines came to life in quick secession. Moving into a Delta Formation, they flew out of orbit. An orange jumppoint formed and the 4 Whitestars moved into the expanse of Hyperspace. There destination, Sector 46.

"This is an ISN special broadcast. There has been confirmation of an attack on the Earth Alliance outpost in Sector 46. So far, the details are sketchy. One thing has been confirmed, though. There appears to be no survivors. There have been multiple Whitestars sent to the area to investigate the attack. We return you to you normal program."

Out in the expanse of space in Sector 46 there were four Whitestars flying gracefully around. One started flying by the jumpgate scanning for any signs of life. Another began to orbit the planet and out of the Whitestar flew a Nial Fighter that moved down lower in the atmosphere than the Whitestar could go. The other two Whitestars were flying around the remains of the outpost and scanning.
    Meanwhile on the bridge of Whitestar 230 Captain Savage paced the deck. Captain William Savage had served in the Interstellar Alliance for two years and had never seen such a thing as this. There were no signs of response from the outpost. It was as if the attack had come out of nowhere. Nothing like this had been seen since the Shadow War, and that was over now. What if…
    "Sir, incoming message from Captain Richards."
    "Put it on screen."
    "What do you have, Captain Richards?"
    "It appears we have found Whitestar 84."
    "Where?"
    "Well, we have found parts of it on the planets surface. It appears that the crew is dead. We do not know for sure, but that is what it looks like."
    "Inform the…"
    "SIR! Energy spike!"
    Outside, in the expanse of space, a blue vortex formed. Moving out of the vortex came an Earth Alliance Warlock Destroyer.
    "This is Commander Nerva of the Earth Alliance Warlock Destroyer Medusa. We are here under orders from Earthdome to take control of the area. Please transfer all data to us and take up positions around the planet. Do you copy?"
    "Copy that. Transferring data."

[This message has been edited by rhett (edited 11-12-2000).]
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Pretty Nice, but just one comment:
    Warlock class destroyers are named after...well, warlock-ish things [img]http://www.firstones.com/forums/smile.gif[/img]
    ie. Medusa
    [img]http://www.firstones.com/forums/smile.gif[/img]
    thats's one I remember from the series...
    kinda like the omega naming. all omega destroyers are named after A Greek Figure, God, Myth, etc.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Ok cool. Thanks for the input, fixing it now. Thanks again, that is what I need.
  • Actually, it seems as if there are no real naming conventions for EF ships. Most seem to be named after Greek mythological figures, but some (EAS Lexington, Schwarzkopf, Churchill, Roanoake) are named after battles, places, or historical figures. As for Warlocks, Ivanova's Warlock is the EAS The Titans, so it would appear they hold to the same conventions...or a lack thereof.

------------------
    "This is different. All of your training cannot prepare you for the vilest, most vicious creatures in the galaxy."
    "Entilzha, I have fought the Shadows and their minions on a hundred worlds. I am ready for whatever comes to pass.
    "You have done well Ranger, but you have not faced..the Lawyers."
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    well, while the Hyperions seem to be just arbitrary naming, the Omegas and Warlocks are named through some system.

I have yet to see an Omega which has left this theme, and I might try compiling a list of names for Omegas to back this up.

Based on what I have seen, Warlocks also follow this, but we have not seen nearly enough of those beautiful ships to make a good assumption.
  • I think he just gave you an example of
    an Omega that does [img]http://www.firstones.com/forums/wink.gif[/img]

The Churchill was involved in the episode
    Severed Dreams was it not? On B5s side I
    believe? Well anyway, maybe they made an
    exception for old Winston, seeing as all
    others seem to follow the Greek theme.

------------------
    We want B5 Space sims damnit!