Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Transitions of Darkness, part 2

Admiral AndyAdmiral Andy Earthforce Officer
Here is Part 2. If you haven't read Part 1 yet, I suggest you go read that before reading this.

Transitions of Darkness, PART II

CENTAURI PRIME

Regent Varini had awaken abruptly looking around in his room, wide-eyed. He quickly got out of bed and ran to where his mirror lay and picked it up quite hastily. Varini hurriedly unbuttoned his shirt to check for sign of infection on his right shoulder and was relieved when he found nothing there. For the past two nights he had been having strange nightmares about some weird thing that was growing on his shoulder as if it were apart of him. Each time, the dream seemed even more vivid and real then the time before. The regent thought he was going to go mad, but then that thought was interrupted when he saw what time it was.
He cursed himself. His first meeting with the Royal Court was about to begin in less then forty minutes and had very little time to prepare himself. “This is not how things should be getting off for my first day as regent,” Varini said to himself.

“Ah, good morning, Regent,” Minister Drano greeted his regent, as Varini just stepped outside the comfort of his quarters. “The Royal Court has assembled for our meeting in the palace’s throne room.”
“Oh thank you, Drano. I am sorry to have gotten up late. I didn’t sleep very well last night. I had a bit of a nightmare.”
“Well Regent, everything should prove to be safe now. Nothing but a splendid day and some meetings to attend to, though I admit we will have to put up with Minister Vole for a few hours.”
“Oh, oh! Yes, well I would rather listen to him then have those terrible aliens return to Centauri Prime.”
“I could hardly disagree with you there, Regent.”
Regent Varini had found the throne room with all the members of the Royal Court before him as he and Drano entered.
“Ah, Regent! How good of you to join us on this fine day,” Minister Vole greeted, a little distaste and condensation seeping through his words. “We are looking forward to discussing the new décor for the throne room involving,” Vole sighed, “pastels.”
“Oh yes. I’m sorry for being late,” the Regent said ignoring Vole’s comments. “So where do we start?” he asked with a big smile as the others in the Royal Court just looked at each other with slight annoyance.

BABYLON 5

“So?” Langley asked as he bit into a piece of fruit, while wiping away the juice that squirted at the corners of his mouth with his sleeve.
Elisa Rice threw Langley an exasperated look. “Well I tried, but I got the same answer. It’s like I told you, Sheridan isn’t going to go looking for a fight with Clarke’s forces until he’s ready to quit playing the role of a renegade space king.”
“All right. In that case, I’m going to try and book us passage on a ship that’ll take us to the next flight to our contact point on New Vegas. Maybe we’ll be able to meet up with Jack and see where we go from there. But before we do that, I want you to try and set up a contact with Major Ryan. Hopefully, we’ll be able to work out some kind of arrangement with him.”
“Okay, I’ll do it. I just hope everything goes over well with the rest of the resistance on Mars until we can get some allies behind us, because the way it looks, we are in serious trouble.”

EAS Alexander

“Damage report!” Major Ryan shouted over the explosion behind him.
“Engines hit, life support is at eighty-two percent and our aft hull is starting to buckle, sir. I don’t know how much more of this she can take. One more hit on the aft quarter and we won’t be able to do much of anything except pray to god that the captain of the Saratoga is a bad shot,” Lt. Commander Murphy yelled back. “Major, I don’t lie this one bit, but we’re going to have to call in the Poseidon or else we’re dead.”
Major Ryan looked over at his display to view the incoming status report from tactical. It didn’t look good. Three enemy ‘furies were locking on and Betas Two and Five weren’t going to be able to pick them off. “I see no other choice, Pat. Bring them in.”

Beta Squadron’s Thunderbolts started to peel away from the Omega-class Destroyers Saratoga and Yorktown when they saw the jump point forming as the bright artificial star ripped open the fabric of space to show the Poseidon jumping out of hyperspace.
The enemy Starfuries broke off from their attack to meet the new challenger, but were caught by surprise from behind as the Alexander manages to fire off three rounds from one of its pulse cannons.
The Saratoga fired off several of its own shots from its pulse cannons as she started to swivel on her axis. The shots were blocked by the forward interceptors and the Poseidon’s Heavy laser battery shot out a red beam that carved through the top of the rotating section.
The remaining Thunderbolts began to take out the weapons hard points on the Saratoga which rendered the ship inoperable.
A few seconds later, the captain of the doomed vessel send out a communiqué to Major Ryan informing him of his surrender.

ELSEWHERE

The self destruct code came within a matter of hours. In a short while, the dead world on the rim of known space and home to the departed Darkness would be no more. The aliens feverishly loaded as much of their masters’ left over technology onto their ships as fast as they could while all the while thinking of Centauri Prime.