Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Star Wars Episode 7

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Apparently it's Andy Sirkis.
  • Smaug will have a cameo
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    My precioussssess!!! lol
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Are those lens flares I see coming off of Smaug's dragon breath? :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    It has potential, I'll give it that. But with Disney and Abrams at the helm they need to do a lot to win me over.

And yes, I thought it sounded like Cumberbatch too.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I thought the Special Edition one was especially amusing :D
  • Hahaha all those TIE fighters!
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    The special edition is hilarious.
  • Do you guys think that the new movie will be at least as "good" or better than the prequel trilogy?
    On the one hand it's hard to see how it can be worse than Eps I & II, but I also have little faith in Disney to not frak it up as they turn it into their latest cash cow
    George Lucas apologized already for Episode 7 just for good measure, so he has that side covered. :D We know Disney rejected his ideas, so there is hope. It will have lense flares and established young live actors. A bro-friendly hiring policy for storm troopers. Home made lightsabers with exhaust plumes. Deep voices. Chicks on boxy hover bikes. I think all the ingredients are there to remain cautiously optimistic. ;-)
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Darn Lucas, stole my old B5-game name contest suggestion. I demand a few million, or I'll sue you George! :P

Anyway, I have a little mixed feelings about the new movie as well, but I'm still looking forward to it. At least the trailer seemed promising and it's interesting to get something new to the Star Wars -universe. I only hope it won't have this kiddie stuff like that last ones and would be a more serious movie. I just watched the original three after some years and really got into Star Wars mood and now I need more. :)
  • Borrowing from Worf, I want to see them do some of the EU stuff. Seeing the galaxy gun arc happening at the same time as the "Skywalker kids fighting a sith Skywalker sibling" arc would be fun.
  • Hey Wash, I don't know if I missed something, but are you a new member? Or is this just a new name for an older poster?
  • New. Found you guys from an old link on Farah.cl's "You know you've been watching too much B5" page about 4 months ago.
    In that case welcome to Firstones. The beers are in the fridge and the nuts are all over the place :)
  • Thanks for the warm welcome boys and girls.

Back to Star Wars: What do you think you will find yourselves complaining about the most about the new movie?
  • Hey, Miguel Farah's list. Man, that takes me back.

For those who don't know: http://www.farah.cl/Sector83/ykybwbtmw.html

Obviously dated since most of it was written while the show was airing or soon after, obviously when the fandom was strongest.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Holy shit! We have a new member?
  • "Back to Star Wars: What do you think you will find yourselves complaining about the most about the new movie?"

Shia LaBeouf plays Han Solo's son.
    Disregarding the EU and the endless spinoff movies we'll get.
  • Old actors pretending they are still young.
    Teaser 2

Seems a bit more promising than the first one.
  • So it seems like we might actually have some of the Skywalker kid arc from the comics -- plus flying through the wreck of a crashed destroyer, a new galactic empire, and soccer-ball droid as a major character -- I know that this movie can't possibly suck now.

Plus, the fact that Disney seems to be trying to make its audience forget that the prequels existed in the past few months seems pretty promising. Would love to be cautiously optimistic, but it looks like I can just be really, really optimistic at this point.
  • Holy effing crap!
    Cautiously optimistic :)
    The Force is back! lol They should start shooting episodes 8 and 9 asap before Han Solo finds new ways of trying to kill himself in vintage airplanes.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Looks like the "Rogue One" movie is going to be set before Episode IV and show the mission to steal the Death Star plans, because that is literally the most obvious "untold story" in Star Wars. Read the "Operation: Skyhook" page on Wookiepedia sometime to see how they tried to reconcile a dozen contradictory versions of it back in the EU days.