Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Star Wars Imperials

WORFWORF The Burninator
edited July 2017 in Zocalo v2.0
It's time to share the Star Wars fanfilm I've been working on for the last year.

Comments

• DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    That was pretty impressive. I imagine the fight scenes were pretty hard to pull off. I do have to say that Galek's turn to the dark side seemed a bit abrupt. At least, I got the impression that he wanted to be a Jedi, and I understand that having his mentor and that woman he met killed and having that guy betray him make him give into his anger, but I still thought it seemed kind of abrupt that he totally joins on with the Empire.
    Also, is there a reasoning behind the different light saber colors? Galek is still in training, so he hasn't earned a red one yet, right? But I was wondering about that other Dark Jedi or Sith or whatever she was that used a purple one, and then that other guy (Anderson?) used a yellow one. And was Anderson supposed to be some kind of Force user too, or just trained on how it use a light saber?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    The fight scenes were motion captured, I had some friends help me out with one of them, the others I did by myself (which was an interesting experience)

Galak joins the Empire because he has nothing left for him on Delius. He keeps his green lightsaber as a reminder of what he lost and his reasons for turning.

The other colours, I went with what seemed right for the characters, there's no deeper meaning to it :)
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I know that Thrawn is from the EU, so I was wondering, is this supposed to only take the first six movies and the EU into account, or are the new movies supposed to factor in as well?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Thrawn exists in the Disney timeline now.

As for this film, the idea is if the characters fail, you get The Force Awakens, if they succeed, you get the EU :)