Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Pathologic - Russian computer game

I was wondering if any of you have ever played this game. It's a game I find fascinating but also extremely difficult, and I consider it to be one of the scariest games I've played, or at least, I find it very creepy and it fills me with dread like no other game. If you're wondering, you play one of three healers with totally different outlooks and unique stories trapped in a Russian or at least Slavic town that appears to be in the early 1900's, though that's never clear and it seems like the game is very deliberate about never letting you know just when it should take place, and trying to stop a strange plague.

I've been playing the alpha for Pathologic 2, which is more like remake of the first, and have gotten very close to beating the smaller story it has, and I've been thinking of giving the original one another try. The game is very heavy on investigation and you play a mere mortal, who has to eat, sleep, and try to stay healthy, with the second one even making hunger and thirst separate. And get this, you actually get hungry when you sleep, just like in real life! I guess in Pathologic 2 you'll end up being very thirsty when you wake up as well.

I was just wondering if any of you had ever played this or not, since it's been on my mind a lot lately, and I'm planning on trying the original again soon.