Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5 Online RPG

For all you who frequent the SciFi B5 BBoards, you know me as that hilariously funny kid (honest! ) who posts too much. the rest of you, just take my word on the funny part .

A friend of mine (I should say some stalker I met on the internet that I talk to all the time...) is a huge fan of B5, almost to the same extent as myself and all you BBoard posters. A while back, we were joking about a B5 RPG, and what we'd put into it. Well, he's decided to actually make the site, and now he wants me to ask you all your opinions (See, he does actual work, I sit around on my butt and play Grand Theft Auto III and Warcraft III all day, occassionally posting on the BBoards. Isn't life wonderful?). Basically, it's a freeform RPG. There is a main plot, but characters are free to engage in their own quests as well. If you want, you could completely disregard the main plot the entire time, though I wouldn't recommend it.

What we have so far is nothing but ideas for our site and plotline.
the plot is that The Hand has come to our galaxy, though no one has seen them yet. Most believe that either there is no "Hand", or their power was nothing more than a lie made up by themselves. However, when a large Minbari fleet is defeated--and a planet completely ravaged--by an unknown enemy, the naysayers are forced to reevaluate the situation. It is quickly discovered that an ancient enemy has returned, unlike anyone the galaxy has ever enocuntered before. The Hand could steal the Shadows' lunch money. Get ready for on hell of a fight... (insert dramatic music)
What we want to know is:

What options should there be for customizing your character? We already have pretty much any race mentioned in the series, but we're (meaning my friend ) working on classes. Currently, you can choose from:
Anla'Shok
Telepath (Normal or Rogue)
Soldier/Warrior Caste
Preist/Religious Caste
Worker Caste
Captain (Any Race, almost any ship)
Thief/Lower Level Creep
What available classes would you like to see?
This RPG will run a lot like the one I've been trying to get you SciFi people to join, Revenge of the Sith, only it's B5, not Star Wars. To join, you give us (meaning my friend) your name and email, and the specs on your character, such as:
Name, Race, Sex, Telepathic Ability, Affiliation (complicated), Background Story, and Appearance.
Anything you'd like to tell us is appreciated, so try and help us (meaning us, for a change) out! Even if just to tell us we blow flaming monkey chunks, send us feedback!! We *need* feedback! It's what's for dinner, and you wouldn't want us to go hungry... Just write replies called "feedback" with no actual writing inside for all I care!! Just kidding about that last part, by the way.
With any luck, I'll actually be more involved with this someday, and can sign you all up, since I *know* you want to. Right?

To sum it up, there are three things we desparately need:

Site Designers
Feedback
Money OR Caffeinated Donations

Most important, however, is the site designers. Kosh_Narakesh has already volunteered to help on graphics and images for the site, but that is all we have. Of paramount importance is someone who can do HTLM code and JavaScript. I can do HTML, but JavaScript is too much for even my *enormous* brain . If you feel you can help in any way, just reply.

------------------
I know Kung Fu, Karate, and 47 other dangerous words.

There is no personal problem that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

Comments

• RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Well, I have never really been interested in this type of game based on B5. However, I think it is a good idea (anything B5 is good). Well, here are a few ideas.
    As for classes: Security Agent, Diplomat, Pilot, Gunner (depending on how much ship-based combat there would be), Rouge (not exactly a theif, but just someone who has no particular alliance), and someone who is only in it for the money. It might be cool if you could purchase a fighter to fly around in (or have one on the ship you are based on). As for setting, I would say a ship would be good (because it is mobile). Let me think and I will get back to you. Also, do you have anything more specific you want for "feedback", thats pretty general... Good Luck.
    Rhett
  • Those are definetely going into the RPG!! Great ideas. And by "feedback", I mean anything you think should be in it.
    Hey, no problem. Some more info. Will this take place on a ship, station, planet, base, ect? Because all of those are different. Also, what type of missions do you plan? Space combat or more ground combat? Covert ops or overt engagements? You will definately want to have a few permanent NPC's that are there for info and other such things. It would be cool if you could somehow work in a "Kosh like" character. I can probably help you a lot more with this info. Thanks.
  • WHY_oldWHY_old Elite Ranger
    I love this idea, though I'll probably not be able to sign up untill the end of the month.

My thoughts are:

-In what format is this going to be done ?

-SHIPS: Personally, I think we should have free reign with the ships, as long as they fit in with the technology level at the time (IE: no superuberlaserdeathrays or photon torpedos)
  • Its basically freeform, meaning it takes place wherever you want to be. And you can use basically nay ship in B5, plus a few more a friend of mine (who owns a website dedicated to making SciFi ships for different shows) created for us. Thanx for the support!
  • I'm not quite sure what the *main* base of the RPG will be--it really depends on your class. If you're a ranger, it's Minbar--anything military means you can choose where you want to be, If you were a diplomat, you could be on your species' senate, or an ambassador to somewhere. for the most part, if you want to do it, then you can. Obviously, you can't assassinate Sheridan or do something equally vile, but that goes without saying. You could *try* to kill him... [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Are you going to be having some way of keeping the characters together (and intereacting with each other)? You could have a few being commanders of ships while others are diplomats and other things. One thing you could do is have important hints (unique ones) dropped to each character and then when the characters get together they have to figure out what they need to do next from those hints. That would add an adventure type thing to it. I don't know if you would want to do that or not.
  • WHY_oldWHY_old Elite Ranger
    Ah, good, cuz I have a few designs that are from a universe of my own devising, but would fit in the B5 universe rather well.