Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

TIP - Earth and Beyond

RandyRandy Master Storyteller
As some of you know, Christy and I have been working as contract writers for EA/ Westwood Studios, working on Earth and Beyond.

This is not ITF, BUT E&B, which is a space-based (300 or so years in the future)RP, fantasy, MMOG, does offer plenty of what ITF would have – lots of autonomy, aspects of a persistent universe, an evolving story, lots of places to explore, cool ships, cool art, very advanced SFX for an on-line game - probably better than any others at this point.

It’s not as dark or realistic as ITF, and there’s no Newtonian physics, but it’s a lot of fun and I suspect that many of you would like it.

Check out [url="http://test.earthandbeyond.ea.com/home/index_marketing.jsp"]Earth and Beyond[/url] at their new website. I think you can still sign up to be a beta tester.

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I've had that one marked down in my "When I get broadband" list for some time now.

------------------
    [url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Never eat anything bigger than your own head.[/url]
    "Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • RigsRigs Earthforce Officer
    Indeed, I did that last week. Still waiting to be let in...Good to know we'll see some familiar peeps...Keep in mind that Ms. Ivanova herself voices one of the lead NPCs. Interesting interview was done over at Gamespy recently with her on her work with E&B and other projects, such as her work on the Jaguar commercials. Can't say that English accent is authentic tho...Oh well, at least I found that Mr. Lennier does the All-State commercials...Good Stuff, maybe some can find the URL for that interview, it was on Blues News a couple days ago...and I've had WAY too much caffeine today..Woooo!!! [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/wink.gif[/img]

=-Rigs-=

------------------
    "Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that's exactly where we're going! We talked about peace. You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation. You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well you've got a WAR!"
    - John Sheridan, Babylon 5
  • As a beta-tester I can say that the game is truly excellent. It is majorly fun to play and it has some addictive parts on it. I haven't got completely into the story because I like exploring. Flight model is normal and ships do look cool (especially the Jenquai ships). But I think there is too much spacebugs around.

------------------
    "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles"

-Kosh
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    Saw the game previewed on Extended Play just recently, became an instant "if i find 50 bucks on the ground" buy.

Now i heard (actually put two and two together never thinking one had anything to do with the other) that fellow firstones worked on it, im going to pull a few extra shifts at work and buy it as soon as i can.