Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Taking a flash video off of a web page

i've found this killer flash video on the internet and would like to play around with it on my computer, only thing is, i cannot figure out how to do this (get the video off the internet)
anyone know how to do this? thanks!

------------------
[url="http://dmremixes.tripod.com"]developMENTAL Remixes[/url]
Lead Designer at Valhalla Games

Comments

• JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Getting the file is the easy part...

Simply view source on the document that loaded it, find the file name and it's path if any in the source (usually "filename.swf"). Once you have that info enter the url with path and filename in the address field, and as it loads, go to save as under the file menu option in your browser.

Or... you can scour the cache directory for your browser, and check out all the files that end in .SWF until you find a copy of it.

In either case, provided that the author hasn't set the protection bit for it, when you laod it into Flash or Swish, it will create one layer where every frame is a keyframe.

This is due to it being a final rendered product. The only way you could get the multi layered original would be to aquire the .FLA or the .SWI files.

Hope this helps... If nothing else you'll have a lcoal copy of it that you can play to figure out how they did it, without having to DL it from the internet every time.

Cheers!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    There are a few flash videos I wouldn't mind saving. This info may prove useful...

------------------
    [b][url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Required reading[/url][/b]
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras