Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

[OT] 'Personal Themes'

THERE WAS TOO MUCH TO COPY FROM THE OLD FORUMS, SO JUST PICK IT UP AS YOU NEED TOO.

Comments

• IndieIndie Moderator
    Mid-summer!

I'm making a short trip to central-Finland to enjoy the long days, sun, summer, sauna and beer by the lakeside. After that I'll make another trip elsewhere so I won't be around that much in the next couple of weeks but, as always, I'll be back. :)

I'll leave either today or tomorrow.
  • LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    have fun! we'll try not to finish Buda5 while your gone! ;)
  • Roi DantonRoi Danton Moderator
    Bye Bye

Plz make some nice photos of the landscape and the people so we'll be jealous to sit here and improving Buda5. ;)

A lot of fun!
  • MorteMorte Earthforce Officer
    'ave a good'un dude :)
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    I'm back from Canaries. Strangely, I got some ideas there regarding skirmish but I have to do some testing. It was pretty hot on daytimes and I had to be inside hotelroom for the hottest time so I had time to think. I tried to rest and consentrate on other things but sometimes I just got distracted ;). But don't worry, I did other things most of the time and had fun. I could scan and post some pictures when they are developed if you want.
    Go for it mate :)
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    I'm back for a few days before I leave. Perhaps I'll even get some scripting done... :)
    Bad things happen. Yesterday I restarted computer and then Win XP didn't open anymore. windows/system32/config/system file was corrupted or missing and this was second time it has happened for me. I'm probably away for a day or two reinstalling things.
    Hi guys.

Sorry for my absence this weekend but I spent the time for my girlfriend who's going to work for 3 months in egypt.

Hey Warlord, maybe you have to be more gentle to your comp that he doesn't infuriate you any more.
    But nice to hear that you'd much fun in your holidays and got new ideas for scripting ;) . I'm looking forward for your pics from the Canaries!
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Back!

Well, I'm back - good to see the place in one piece. It was nice and sunny on my trip. Very sunny actually, since there were no clouds or sunsets. In fact, there were this summer's record temperatures in Lapland while I was there. I also burned my skin. Guess that means I'll have to spend time locked indoors and scripting buda5 missions... :)
    Re: Back!

Good to cu back!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Indie [/i]
    [B]I also burned my skin.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Then we can expect a red face in the Crew section? ;) (referring to my question in Website thread)
    welcome back indie :) u have a primus and a new babylon 5 station to keep your eyes on since u been gone :)
    Exams ... Exams ... Exams ... ... never ending story

Hey all, due to my exams I'll have the following 3 weeks (yes, again I have exams ... what I do currently is comparable with the Bachelor (preliminary phase to become a Master)) I have only little time for Buda5. B/c that I only can give sporadic comments and work only at little tasks (like the Website .. hey, whats about the photos, only get one from Morte!!!).
    @Logic: Also b/c that I can't test your InGame Mod properly enough. So, maybe you'll write at a Beta Tester who'd offered his time (see General Forum).
    NOOO! :(... indie, that means u gotta work work work! lol. speaking of indie... what's up? u haven't been posting as often as u usually do... is everything ok?

Claw? Warlord? are u guys out there!? lol i need InGame BETA tester's bad!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    The first person to supply me with a legitimate copy of IWar2 gets a title! ;) :D ;)
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Logic: No worries. I've just been busy with some things. I got the in-game finally downloaded succesfully and begin testing it today. However, first I need to install my new (well, old...) HD. I'm running out of space.
    well well how is it? lol
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Ran into some hardware issues. The HD works now, but I've decided to format & run a full surface scan before I use it. Can't really play EOC until its up and running since I'm almost totally out of space.

Soon, soon... Honest. No, I mean honest. ;):D
    Psiqx

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence[/i] in Debris Thread
    [B]who the heck is Psiqx?? and how is he posting in the dev forum? [/B][/QUOTE]
    Hehe, Psiqx is an "old new one". Refer to the Personal Thread in the old forum to get to know more. EDIT: I included it:

[quote][i]Posted by Psiqx on [b]12-07-2002 10:36 AM[/b][/i]
    [b]Roi asked me to do a 'bit about me' here...Well I'm originally from Malaysia - now a New Zealand Citizen living in Wellington, NZ.
    I'm 21 and I've just finished a double degree in Science (Comp Science) and Commerce (E-Commerce)
    Currently I'm looking for a 'Real' job (sigh) and at the same time relaxing after a years worth of schoolwork :P had enuf of uni and since I have got a bit of time and love B5... I'm in a position where I want to contribute to this mod..
    While I've just only started learning POG I hopefully should have a handle on it soon... having done C\C++ & Java before POG isn't that different/difficult - just need to get to know POG :P so I my aim to to be able to script some nice mission with the beautiful ship models available (~~Whitestar~~~~)
    So yeah.. thats a bit about me.. gimme a yell on ICQ/MSN/Email if u like
    details
    icq 15024016
    msn [email]psiqx@hotmail.com[/email]
    email [email]psuiqx@orcon.net.nz[/email]
    Looking forward to hearing from you...[/b][/quote]

I.e. he tried to write a workaround for the collisionhull prob with the Omega or that thing with the hook for the StarFury ... but after a while he get pissed off with the flux engine (and I can retrace that b/c when you want to create something that doesn't exist in IW scripting is really lousy). I talked to him only per ICQ so that's the reason that he didn't posted very much.

After our first campaign chat I saw the work that lies before us scripters so I ask him if he still is interested in doing something for Buda5. Indie knows already about him.

To your second question: IMHO he does this with a keyboard that connected to his PC :D .

PS: Have you got the Gizmo PlugIn I sent you to work?
  • Hi all,

tomorrow I've my last bigger exam, after that only some small are following.
    I don't reply to the other threads now b/c have little time, but I'll have more time after the exam tomorrow, so I'll have a look at the campaign interface and more.

Greetz,
    Roi
  • Hi pals

I'm sorrow that I have to say that I haven't that much time for Buda5 like I thought and said some days ago. I didn't anything for it the last days.
    Like I said the exams aren't the problem right now, but I need more time for party preparations I'm making tomorrow evening, also I'm working on my homepage and I have to write an extensive account about my internship.

It's a pity and I'm really really sorry Indie and Logic! So Indie, maybe you can focus on the campaign GUI.

Some mentions:
    [list][*]I think the style from the Collection is good ... so[list=a][*][b]Right Shady Bar:[/b] "Start Button" in the right bottom corner, above it a Save and Load Mission Button, or something like the History in X-Wing ... I don't know like we can make the saving .. as we discussed it about a year ago, I thought it should work with [i]Player profiles[/i] that data is stored in an [i]ini[/i] file.
    [*][b]Left Shady Bar:[/b] Texts and additional options like Speak to a person (with a video?), choose your look at the story so far (diary?), ...[/list]
    [*]Background pics: Maybe a little bit artistically drawn ... rendered with Lightwave or so and Postwork with Photoshop - have to look where we get some for explorer, omega, planet, asteroid, wreck, ...[/list]
    [b]@Logic:[/b] Whats about the gizmo tool. Have you got it to work?

PS: He, I see the 2nd part of this post is really off topic so plz reply in other threads so we keep this thread for personal mentions, issues and so on.
    nah i haven't got the gizmo tool to work,,, i have no idea what to do with it... but i'll try.
    I havn't been doing any stuff recently either for a couple of reasons, one being that my computer has decided to play silly buggers the last couple of weeks, and aslo that I've had a couple of mates around nearly every day in the week for LAN partys. This is because I'm entering a team into the WCG2003 Counter-Strike tournaments, and we need all the practise we can get. We had a game today with the full team bar one and it went quite well, much sneaky-ness and hilarity ;)
    I'll probably be able to start moddeling again next week- I've got a couple of unfinished ships I managed to back onto CD ROM before the whole thing crashed so I'll probably try to finish those :)
    For my inactivity this week you can thank Playstation 2 I just bought. It's used but works and I saved 100e not buying new ps2.
    This tuesday i will leave for a vacation to the beach, i'll be gone until the following Saturday. With luck, i will pos a final version of InGame for u all to screen be4 i leave, and then release it to the public when i get back. I'll have my laptop with me so i'll be able to post, but i won't be working on this vacation :)
  • Spontaneous Holidays

Due to the fact that I wasn't at holiday this summer b/c of many things happened @RL(tm) I make a spontaneous trip with some girls and boys to the Baltic Sea. I will be back next Saturday. So have a nice time 'til then and if you can't wait to release the Mission Collection, so do it. I'm not that important for this currently b/c there are no more big changes to the Handler files necessary.
    The save thing with the Config pack is working well. So I'll do that when I'm back.

Bye,
    Roi
  • IndieIndie Moderator
    Ok, have a good one! :)
  • Back from Baltic Sea

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Indie [/i]
    [B]Ok, have a good one! :) [/B][/QUOTE]
    Thx, the time was great and I have the ability to surf now (the basics)! :)
  • anyone heard from claw/morte lately? he's dissappeared for a while now.....

also, roi, is your testing over? are u back to scripting?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]also, roi, is your testing over? are u back to scripting? [/B][/QUOTE]
    Yes, my exams are over and my 1-week holiday I already had, too. Currently I'm working in an material science institute (research), preparing together with my family the 50th Birthday of my dad, testing EricMans Mod, ... .
    For scripting I'm not back .. presently I only write some spare scripts. The most time I spend for Buda5 is for promoting, answering questions that I get per Email and try to help if anyone of the other scripters have a prob.

Btw, nothing heard from The Claw.