Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

decisions

okei, now that ive been tricked out of lurkedom(damn you bradius!) i might as well raise some points here:

1: weve got this list of stuff we have. but what are we going to do with it all?
meaning: how much will fit in the apartment? how much of it, and what pieces are we bringing? and lastly, where are we putting it??

2: computers. who is bringing how many, and where are we coming up with enough fans to keep everything from overheating?

3: that list of cds, dvds, mp3s, etc, was there any point to it? will we be doing anything about that?

4: what will we absolutely need that we dont yet have? not the nifty stuff like printers and watercoolers, but important shit thats going to be nessesary in the apartment? can anyone think of anything?

*damns the bradius once more before leaving in a puff of coffeegrounds*

Comments

• [color=orange][FONT=century gothic][size=3]
    Wow, lots of damnings there! :eek:

1) We need to get together (online, of course) and sort things out once and for all. Let's try doing one of them chats again.

2) Calculating still. We could always just buy lots of fans when we get there. I've got a few here, if we all bring some, there's lots.

3) I dunno

4) Vacuum cleaner maybe? That's what my mom said. Sacrificial altar maybe? Err, uh...ignore that! :rolleyes:

PS. Oh yeah. [Muahahaha]By the way, ha! My anti-lurker artillery is quite strong, indeed! Muahahahaha! One day, the city of Nefariousylvania shall be the world's capital! [\Muahahaha][/size][/FONT][/color]
  • sacrificial altar? i like that idea! *temporarily slightly undamns the bradius*

vaccum, yea. if noone has one, we can probably chip in for one at walmart or somewhere once were up there, or even just a broom. takes up little space and is good for beating people with and flying!

lighting for kitchen/living room. you guys were there, i wasnt. how much lighting is built into the apartment? i doubt theres much....
    Two things now...

What's this lighting thing you're talking about? Is that the thing that makes my eyes hurt?

And, wouldn't it be more efficient to just teleport instead of flying? I haven't quite figured it out yet, but it can't be *that* tough, hehe. Actually, I wish I could fly. I'm not sure if I have a broom though...can I use a rake? How about a lawnmower?

Also: yay! undamning! woo!
    [/size][/FONT][/color]
  • *re-damns the bradius* no reason really...

lights that thing that makes drawing doable. brian, back me up here.... we dont have to use lights, theyre just there for when needed....like when andy spends days at a time in one spot,, we can move the lights to lure him into moving...muahahahaha
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Nooooooo!

My weakness! Gar!

We still don't have beds. This might be best decided there, but for me to get a good sleep, I need a relatively soft bed with a box spring, so that's one purchase. Twin XL would still do, though.

Also, bad news. The MP3 system, it's kind of...not alive anymore.

I left it in a corner, and I think it absorbed a bit of water in the thunderstorm (Stupid leaks), but I tried to turn it on, and it refused. the HD is fine, the rest is not.

Also, something for the room that would *really* be useful, but not thought about until we're knee-deep in wires...

plastic wire guides for the floor. just put the wires inside the channel and cover it up, and no mess. Dirt cheap at home depot or lowes...

Lighting, I think we should wait and see. Also, i"m going to get some final measurements on the stuff I mentioned earlier. (Couch and all), and we could divvy up the room, see what can go where.

Anyway, an additional thing I don't believe has been mentioned has been pots and pans. If we're going to be cooking, we'll need pots and pans. If this has been worked out, sorry for bringing it up again, but it's something important.

Remember now, I've got Silverware and dishware covered. Also, my parents reminded me of the mug pile they've accumulated, and that it might be useful (as we'll all probably be drinking either tea or coffee on a regular basis).

There's gotta be other genuinely obvious stuff we're missing...

We don't have an eating table, I think. Or chairs for it. We've got generally comfy chairs worked out, but some future trips to the store should be in order. i.e. we should attempt to buy other furtnature up there.
    Well, I thought your bed was your decision. I'm not going to get you a bed, and you're not going to share mine, I don't know you that well. Well, maybe I do, but I'd still prefer you get your own bed.

Actually, didn't we already talk about the wire channel thing? It definately seems familiar but I'm too lazy to check.

Measurements good.

:confused: <--more random
    [/size][/FONT][/color]
  • we did talk about the wire channel. we can either get those, or duct tape our wires to the floor once they're in place.
    i think duct tape is a better solution, because it will be lower to the ground then the plastic things, and less likely to trip certain hyper lunatics....

beds: i'm getting a futon once i get up there. thats my bed. and i'm NOT sharing

eating table: i seem to remember brad mentioning something about having been offered an old table. is this right?
    if not we can always just pick up a few folding table once we get up there. chairs too, though i though we had quite a few chairs from that list of pictures brad and andy kept posting.

while were speaking of brad and andy, they've been immortalized in blog form at brid.blogspot.com

andy: this is why you don't leave systems in corners and forget about them. especially under a roof you know is leaky. YOU NEED TARPS! i have some if you want.

my mom offered me some pots and pan a few weeks ago. i don't know how many, and i have no idea if she remembers. but that stack of cereal bowls i've got is definitely coming with me, because andy said originally that he had everything but bowls. or has that changed?

lastly, what's going on with that projector you guys were talking about?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    But it was not known to be leaky in *that* spot :D

Normally, it leaks in the other side of the room, but he had those nasty torrential rains, and things got really bad both there and in my room (Think...half inch of water covering the floor of my bedroom...that's what sucks about being below ground level)

Also, I'm very against duct tape for wires. It leaves *absolute mess* on the wires and floor. Since we're going to be on a carpet floor, it will cause problems, so I think we could splurge and spend $10 at a home improvement store and get stuff.

Also, I don't know what this idea about a shared bed came from. I clearlky stated *my* bed. We're going to have to get individual beds and stuff. so...yeah.

The projector requires time and cash. I've got work, but it's currently going to the car, the site, and then fixing broken stuff. It's very feasable down the road, and maybe with my spare school cash, but not really now.
  • I have a pair of big endtables. They have storage room and stuff in them. That's the only table related object I currently have. However, we could always put them together to make a fairly large surface that could, theoretically, be eaten on.

On a semirelated note, I may be getting a futon, too. We just happened to be at the furniture store type place the one day, and we ran across a really nice one. Based on our research, it would be much easier to use as a sleeping surface than my bed, thus it is a distinct possiblity.
  • carpet. forgot about that. plastic dings it is then. but if i trip, fall or die, it's andys fault :)