Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5: Combat Sim - Music CD?

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Must have been the hunt for that 300 watt PSU...

:p [/B][/QUOTE]

I *wish*! That'd mean I was back home...

37 or 39 hours concious at the end (I really don't remember when I went to sleep, I just kinda fell onto my bed. :D), and just plain nasty.
  • cornholio1980cornholio1980 Earthforce Officer
    I'm really surprised that when talking about good music in Computer Games, no one mentioned Wing Commander so far. In my opinion, especially "The price of freedom" had one of the best scores composed for a game...

FAITH MANAGES
    cornholio1980
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Funny you should mention it; I just played through WC4 (on DVD) again a couple days ago. I also ripped all the in-game music, and have a few tracks for some of the in-movie music (available at [url="http://www.wcnews.com/"]the CIC[/url]).

And yes, I must agree; George Oldziey did a great job with WCs 3 and 4. I'm less enthusiastic about Prophecy. The earlier WCs weren't done by Oldziey; primarily, those were George Alistair Sanger, AKA "The Fat Man," and that music is also very good.
  • DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
    So nothing from Franke yet?

What do they say: "Silence is the sign of approval" or something. :)
    Are we at the point yet where we can say that we've tried everything we can think of?
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I'd say we wait some more. He's probably in the middle of a big project or scoring a movie of something, so he probably has more important things to deal with. He'd probably be impressed with our patience ;)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cornholio1980 [/i]
    [B]I'm really surprised that when talking about good music in Computer Games, no one mentioned Wing Commander so far. In my opinion, especially "The price of freedom" had one of the best scores composed for a game...
    [/B][/QUOTE]

or Chris Hülsbeck....
    Hey, would someone else like a turn at attempting contact soon? This just isn't working out for me. :D
    Well I could give it a shot Sanfam, he replied to me once before....
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]The Knights of the old Republic music is great, hopefully it will be possible to extract it from the PC version of the game.

Other good game music I've heard:

TIE Fighter (yes, they are midis but still...nice to listen to)
    Final Fantasy 8 (the only one i've played)
    Warcraft 3
    Starcraft

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

TIE Fighter had the BEST music of any game. EVER. :)
  • Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret, Deus Ex, Command & Conquer, SC and WC series. Best PC game music I've ever heard...
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    Starcraft and Zelda. BITCH!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    But not Starfox?
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Total Annihilation!! And Baldur's gate series.
    Total Annihilation has some of the best music I have ever heard in a game.
    2nd that one Biggles :) The music really enhanced the game play, made it much more dramatic. There was nothing like the music leaping to life just as you spot 50 Sumo's lumbering towards your base as you say "aaaaw crap!" :D
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    Been following the thread for a little while. Like to say I'm in full support of the contacting Christopher Frank idea. I know this has come up before, but does anyone know if he definately owns the rights to the music?

I'd put in a vote for the Mechwarrior 2 music, not as flowing but good atmosphere :).
    The MW2 music is very good ambient music.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]But not Starfox? [/B][/QUOTE]

could and should be better in my oppinion :)
    have we heard anything back yet????????????
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Total Annihilation has some of the best music I have ever heard in a game. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not just in a game. It's great music in general.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Well I could give it a shot Sanfam, he replied to me once before.... [/B][/QUOTE]

I say, go ahead. I've gotten nothing back yet, meaning he's either not getting them, not reading them, or not replying to them.
    Ok then no probs... what should I say to the guy? Should I use a rough draft based on what you sent as a template? Also I think we need to be carefull and not annoy him by emailing too much. Maybe I'm being paranoid but its just a thought. And I being paranoid? :confused:
    Well, it seems to me that, for whatever reason, he's not heard our attempts to contact him. I think he would have answered if he had.
    Sounds fair enough then... ok Sanfam email what you sent him and I'll use the bulk of the content for mine... you can send it to this ad: [email]niallj@totalise.co.uk[/email]

Lets get this bal rolling again! :)
  • Ranger BrianRanger Brian The Anti-Scrooge
    So, any further news?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ranger Brian [/i]
    [B]So, any further news? [/B][/QUOTE]
    The Avalanche has allready started. It's to late for the Pebbles to vote.
    Ok guys I've emailed Chris Franke, sent it at 13.12 GMT (whatever that is your side of the atlantic I'm not sure). I sent it to his email address and I cc'd it to the sonic images address aswell.

As soon as I hear anything I will let you all know :) Fingers crossed... again :)
  • Master Chief reporting in! Good job soldier, now our primary objective is to locate main source of this music and... Hell with this, I've been playing too much Halo lately. All Hail to the Master Chief!