Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5: Combat Sim - Music CD?

Comments

• DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Ok guys I've emailed Chris Franke, sent it at 13.12 GMT (whatever that is your side of the atlantic I'm not sure). I sent it to his email address and I cc'd it to the sonic images address aswell.

As soon as I hear anything I will let you all know :) Fingers crossed... again :) [/B][/QUOTE]

OK... I'll keep my copy & paste fingers primed as well. :)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Hey, sorry for not getting the mail to you. I was on break, but any luck yet?
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    No worries Sanfam... figured you were still sleeping it off ;)

Nope haven't heard anything yet. Maybe he's been on a break aswell??
    most likely. So, at least it's not just me :D
  • OK, well...we TRIED.

I say we put the file(s) up so we can get them. If CF ask about it, we have tonns of proof that we tried.... It's been what? A month sice we started this? :eek:
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]I say we put the file(s) up so we can get them. If CF ask about it, we have tonns of proof that we tried.... It's been what? A month sice we started this? :eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

NO. That is NOT a smart thing to do. Regardless of how much anyone tries to ask about releasing that music, a lack of response does NOT equal permission.

We need to respect the copyright.
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    Don't be disheartened....I had a VERY difficult time getting in touch with him using the website e-mail.

As far as extended tracks go, I'm not aware of any "extended tracks" unless they were someting from from the SMS system. I'd be curious to hear them myself.

On an unrelated note: [i][b]Call of Duty[/i][/b]'s music was fantastic. I heard some outlets gave out copies of the Soundtrack on CD with the game, but that was after I bought mine. Anyone else hear this?

I also brought myself to pick up my first Sim since working on ItF...[i][b]Secret Weapons over Normandy[/i][/b]. This game pushed me over because I was semi-addicted to SWotL way back in the x86 days...I have a secret love of WWII aircraft---especially the P-38 and B-25. The cover art on the box was great...I wish I could find a poster of that coverart somewhere.

-R.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick [/i]
    [B]
    I also brought myself to pick up my first Sim since working on ItF...[i][b]Secret Weapons over Normandy[/i][/b]. This game pushed me over because I was semi-addicted to SWotL way back in the x86 days...I have a secret love of WWII aircraft---especially the P-38 and B-25. The cover art on the box was great...I wish I could find a poster of that coverart somewhere.
    -R. [/B][/QUOTE]

How is the game? I'm quite interested in it myself, but I'm a bit set off because it was "simultaneusly developed for PS2, Xbox and PC" (= read: developed for ps2, then ported to Xbox and PC)
    It's a whopping *4* CDs of gaming goodness. 2.2GB install...

The rendering engine is....unbelievable.

Controls are dummied down a bit, but it's not that far off from the way it was done in the original. Don't expect trim controls and whatnot (you'll need MS Combat FS for that). I don't consider that to be a bad thing, as I like being able to leap in and play. I was a little dissapointed that the rudder wasn't mapped into the game. The sidewinder twist-stick was great for that.

I'll let you know more after I play it more; I just picked it up yesterday (I was waiting for it to be on sale in case it was not up to expectations...)

-R.
    I think i'll get it then :)
    though 2.2GB.. need to finish KotoR first :)
    Sanfam... yep that seems to be the case.

Cheers for the input Rick. I say we wait. It will be a bad move on our behalf to release the tracks illegally. We've waited along time for alot of things, we can wait some more for this. Samuelk is quite correct.

If we don't hear anything for the next few weeks I saw we leave it until the new year and come back to it then.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]How is the game? I'm quite interested in it myself, but I'm a bit set off because it was "simultaneusly developed for PS2, Xbox and PC" (= read: developed for ps2, then ported to Xbox and PC) [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, RE...my only disappointment is....no multiplayer(!!!?!?!?)

Other than that, it's proving to be a blast, and fixing my P-38 Lightning fix...

Speaking of P-38's...this story about a plane called "Glacier Girl" makes for quite a read...she flew for the first time in 60 years in 2002...amazing, especially considering what she looked like after they dug her up from all that ice...

Trapped in Ice: [url]http://www.thelostsquadron.com/surface1.html[/url]
    Pics after restoration: [url]http://tired-iron.mounet.com/tirediron/gg.htm[/url]
    in-flight: [url]http://www.geocities.com/stearmanlady/ggf.html[/url]

The whole story: [url]http://www.thelostsquadron.com/museum.html[/url]

Cool stuff :)

-R.
    Falcon--

No worries, mate. Let me know if you need help getting in touch with "the man." I may still have a few FirstOne tricks left...

-R.
    [B]Well, RE...my only disappointment is....no multiplayer(!!!?!?!?)

Other than that, it's proving to be a blast, and fixing my P-38 Lightning fix...
    [/B][/QUOTE]

great, thanks! *runs off to nearest software store*
    Rick... cheers dude! I have a feeling we may need your help alright. With your links to the old project it might well help our cause :)

Ok guys so what do we do?? I say wait until the new year and if I or Sanfam hear nothing, we go to plan c and release Rick onto the case.

Let me know your thoughts guys....
    I agree. I've heard jack from it, and I've even got it set such that if any email comes through with "Franke", "Sonic Images", or "ITF" comes through in the message body, a big alert pops up :D

Rick, I hereby permit you to use your Kung Fu Grip to help the cause!
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]...I've heard jack from it...[/B][/QUOTE]

eh?

:confused:
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Well, you do get everywhere.
    You know Jack???? :D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Rick, I hereby permit you to use your Kung Fu Grip to help the cause! [/B][/QUOTE]

Good one, Sanfam... I wonder how many will get this one, though ;).
  • Rubber Eagle how do you get rid of those Grizka critters on the Ebon Hawk (bar killing them).
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    There is someone on Manaan you can sell them too.

Worf
  • A possible solution for the situtation.

Hi all, I guess I'm a former lurker now. If we don't get an answer, theres a possible solution.

Some guy - somewhere wrote a newspaper article (boy this is starting out great isn't it) dealing with different approaches to filesharing.

To boil it down, if there was a corporation (of sorts at least) that would own the physical CD (the current owner could have 50% + 1 shares) and shares could be purchased (for free?) in which we would all be partial owners of the CD and would have the legal right to an electronic copy of ala space-shifting ala fair use.

It's a last ditch kind of thing, but if nothing ever happens this would be a possible solution.

Any thoughts?

~SolZorb
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Re: A possible solution for the situtation.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by solzorb [/i]
    [B]Some guy - somewhere wrote a newspaper article (boy this is starting out great isn't it) dealing with different approaches to filesharing.

To boil it down, if there was a corporation (of sorts at least) that would own the physical CD (the current owner could have 50% + 1 shares) and shares could be purchased (for free?) in which we would all be partial owners of the CD and would have the legal right to an electronic copy of ala space-shifting ala fair use.[/B][/QUOTE]

Robert X. Cringely [url=http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20030731.html]here[/url]
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]You know Jack???? :D [/B][/QUOTE]

He don't know Jack.... ;)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [B]He don't know Jack.... ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Huh?
    :p
    LOL :D
    That's it.

You know what you just did, right?

RIGHT?

Yeah, I thought so.

Roger Murdock: We have clearance Clarence.
    Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector Victor?
    Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
    Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur! Oveur.
    Tower voice: Roger.
    Roger Murdock: Huh?
    Tower voice: Roger, over.
    Roger Murdock: Huh?
    Captain Oveur: Huh?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Airplane?
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Paper-airplane?

And where's that B5:ItF music?? I want it now!!! ;)