Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

PUlling AUDIO from .SWF file

TycoTyco RangerTexas
I'm sitting here with a .SWF movie file infront of me. It's playing a song I want as an MP3. One problem: I can't figure out how to get the audio off of this file. I've tried a number of my tools, including Flash itself, yet I cannot get the stupid audio file off of it.

Anyone have a clue what I can do? I'm just lost at this point. :(

Comments

• RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    Loop it back to audio in port, and capture it.

:)

-R.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    You don't even need to do that if you have a full duplex sound card (and who doesn't these days?). Just set your record source to wave out.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [url]http://multimedia.downloadatoz.com/sothink-swf-decompiler/[/url]

[url]http://www.imagespro.com/programs/1681/[/url]

Use these words to search with Google: "SWF", "rip", "audio"

one more:
    [url]http://www.pizzinini.net/?category=8&item=37&language=en[/url]
    This can be then used to rip audio track from AVI:
    [url]http://www.virtualdub.org/[/url]
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    I've tried the Record Out already with no luck. I've also tried a few different programs, also with no luck. I'm trying the new ones linked to the post, so hopefully -crosses fingers-
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    Okay, the "SWF Extractor" worked. :) Thanks.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]You don't even need to do that if you have a full duplex sound card (and who doesn't these days?). Just set your record source to wave out. [/B][/QUOTE]

Me, thanks to the damned poltergeist. :)
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Why use a third-party program? Thats just being lazy. Just do the following:

Go into Volume Control and click the Options menu. Select Properties and click on Recording. Make sure "Wave" (or whatever it is on your particular listing) is checked. Click on OK. Then check the box under WAVE and record with whatever audio capture program you have. Its that simple.
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    -clears throat- As I stated a few posts above you, I have already done that with no prevail. It doesn't pick up the sound. Sure the hell can pick up everything else, but as for the .SWF file, it [i]can't[/i] :p
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]Why use a third-party program? Thats just being lazy. Just do the following:[/B][/QUOTE]
    Why to make first DA-conversion and then again AD-conversion if it can be made without it? (every conversion also reduce quality)
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyco [/i]
    [B]-clears throat- As I stated a few posts above you, I have already done that with no prevail. It doesn't pick up the sound. Sure the hell can pick up everything else, but as for the .SWF file, it [i]can't[/i] :p [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats odd because it works for me. Are you sure you did it right? You can also go to your local radio shack and pick up a cable with male headphone jacks on both ends, plugging one into your speaker jack, and the other into your line-in jack. That'll get it for damn sure.
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]Thats odd because it works for me. Are you sure you did it right? You can also go to your local radio shack and pick up a cable with male headphone jacks on both ends, plugging one into your speaker jack, and the other into your line-in jack. That'll get it for damn sure. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm possitive. Supprised me, because I made a few test runs first to make sure everything was setup properly. When I loaded the file, it wouln't record anything. I contemplated the cable, but I didn't want to drive all that way to the nearest store which would carry one to do this. The program I used automatically pulled the .MP3 out, so I'm set.