Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

An odd request. I need a timeline...

TycoTyco RangerTexas
Of the release of every major Super Mario game from the very first one to the most recent. I've scoured the internet with no avail, so I turn to you all for help.

Maybe one or two games per system to display the change in technology from release to release. I am doing a presentation (Well, my group and I) for my computer class, in which we've dubbed the title "The Epic Journy of Super Mario" and are using the change in technology for the game as the basis to display how far we have come.

Comments

• A2597A2597 Fanboy
    start with Donky Kong on the Atari/Colecovison and work your way to SMB 1, SMB the lost levels, SMB2, SMB3,
    then the SNES Super Mario World....Should you include mario kart? Mario Paint? etc....

past that, I don't know much, SM 64....
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    All I know for sure is that Mario first appeared in Donkey Kong, and that the first 3D one was on the N64. :)
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    I found a complete list about three seconds after I posted this. :eek:

Anyway, I found a list of every single game, including spin-offs and cameo apperences.
    To be expected. :D
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    I bought a gamecube for my 5 year old, and got him Super Mario Sunshine, its so dumb. I wish they would release the original 3 SM1-3 for gamecube, I would buy them. Mario cart double dash is fun though.
    Yeah, they should take leaf out of Square's book.
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    Re: An odd request. I need a timeline...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyco [/i]
    [B]Of the release of every major Super Mario game from the very first one to the most recent. I've scoured the internet with no avail, so I turn to you all for help.

Maybe one or two games per system to display the change in technology from release to release. I am doing a presentation (Well, my group and I) for my computer class, in which we've dubbed the title "The Epic Journy of Super Mario" and are using the change in technology for the game as the basis to display how far we have come. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually if its really important to you I would send a letter (not email) to Nintendo. Infact I did this in the boy scouts years ago & they sent a timeline of the company, Nintendo actually started out as a card company selling decks of cards, then pinball machines & of course the creation of the Nintendo console. You will have much better luck with a letter than an email since it is more formal & less spammy.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]All I know for sure is that Mario first appeared in Donkey Kong, and that the first 3D one was on the N64. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

There was also a game just called Mario Brothers. It was a single screen and had these creatures coming out of pipes at the top and dropping down the succeeding platforms. You had to squish them all.

Jake
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    super mario brothers is post donkey kong.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Freejack [/i]
    [B]There was also a game just called Mario Brothers. It was a single screen and had these creatures coming out of pipes at the top and dropping down the succeeding platforms. You had to squish them all.

Jake [/B][/QUOTE]

I've played that one. It's strangely addictive. I think that was between Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I actually had a cracked version for my Apple IIc. Spent many an hour on that game, along with Montezuma's Revenge...

Jake