Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

And The Sky Full of Stars - early script version (undated)

You can find an early script for And the Sky Full of Stars written before all the cast changes between the pilot and the series at[url=http://www.teamohare.com/moh/star1.html] Michael O'Hare's Website [/URL].

Comments

• So Delenn was originally male? Is this script so old it predates filming of The Gathering?

It's pretty neat overall though. I kinda like the door aspect, kind of showing a part of his mind that has been locked off. Also having a different fighter in the war is neat.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akrovah [/i]
    [B]So Delenn was originally male? Is this script so old it predates filming of The Gathering?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, and yes (or, at least, it predates the first showing of [i]The Gathering[/i] at a convention, where the folks there liked Delenn much more as a female; originally, Mira Furlan's voice was going to be digitally filtered to sound lower, but they hadn't finished that part of post-production when they showed it at the convention).

[QUOTE][B]It's pretty neat overall though. I kinda like the door aspect, kind of showing a part of his mind that has been locked off. Also having a different fighter in the war is neat. [/B][/QUOTE]

I dunno... I don't think I've ever liked the whole virtual reality cybernet idea. Too holodecky, and if they have the tech for that, why isn't it being used a lot more for entertainment purposes?

A telepath would have gotten exactly the same job done. My guess is the Knights didn't use a teep because they don't trust Psi Corps, but that doesn't rule out alien teeps.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]My guess is the Knights didn't use a teep because they don't trust Psi Corps, but that doesn't rule out alien teeps. [/B][/QUOTE]

Didn't the knights have somesort of link to the Homefront group? Which would rule out alien teeps. It's been a while since i watched that ep though, so i don't remember it very clearly.

So Mira was supposed to play a guy huh? Kind of odd, why not just get a guy actor?

Edit: Oh, and maybe the cybernet was some experimental thing. The only time we see it is that episode.
    Except that when they are interegating Sheriden in Season 4 it seems like a very similar idea, just without the funny eye thing.
    Anyway, we've all seen how much trouble that damn holodeck was so i can see where they wouldn't want to let that kind of thing out into the general public. It's also possible it was and alien device of some kind and not human made. I'm realy just babling ideas at this pint, sorry
  • milodmilod Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akrovah [/i]
    [B]So Mira was supposed to play a guy huh? Kind of odd, why not just get a guy actor?[/B][/QUOTE]
    Delenn's transformation in Chrysalis was originally going to be one of gender in addition to species. She was to go from Minbari male to Human female.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    And the Minbari were intended to be androgynous, so the obvious solution was to get a lady, make her up so she looks more masculine, and lower her voice.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    I heard about this before. But wasn't she neither sex before she changed. Am sure I read this somewhere as they couldn't make up their minds.
  • ManipManip Trainee
    I didn't like it. I don't really like the entire 'dream' concept and the door in the sky thing is stupid.. simple as that.. I thought it was a very interesting way to tell 'The Beginning', and says a lot about the way B5 would have gone had they not kicked him off. I give it 4/10, could use some work.