Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5 - B5 Movies Announced

[i]Warner Bros Home Video will continue the popular Babylon 5 DVD releases with "Babylon 5: The Movies". This 5 disc set will contain all 5 movies as well as special features. The set will carry a $59.98 SRP and will be available in stores and online August 17th. "The Gathering" will be presented in 4:3 (original aspect ratio) while the other movies will be 16:9 anamorphic widescreen; all movies will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. The sets will be closed captioned and be subtitled in English, Spanish and French...[/i]

Read more at [url=http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1539]TVShows on DVD[/url]

[img]http://www.sprungtor.de/_extern/firstones/mod_img/b5movies.jpeg[/img]

[i]EDIT[/i]: Added (TV) to the subject, just so people won't get too excited, thinking it's about TMoS.

Comments

• BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    I noticed that [i]Legend of the Rangers[/i] was not listed on that page. All the others were, though.
  • Unfortunately, LotR won't be in this one. I just hate this double-buying scam. I mean, I already own "In the Beginning" and "The Gathering", now I should buy them again just to get the other 3? And quite frankly I have to say that only In the Beginning was truly a good film. Thirdspace was ok because it had a cool battle. The others were completely forgettable. Had they kept the same price but included LotR I probably would've considered this. But now I'd be buying the set just for Thirdspace, and that's not worth 60$.
  • Mr_BesterMr_Bester Earthforce Officer St Louis MO
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Emissary for Drakh [/i]
    [B]Unfortunately, LotR won't be in this one. I just hate this double-buying scam. I mean, I already own "In the Beginning" and "The Gathering", now I should buy them again just to get the other 3? And quite frankly I have to say that only In the Beginning was truly a good film. Thirdspace was ok because it had a cool battle. The others were completely forgettable. Had they kept the same price but included LotR I probably would've considered this. But now I'd be buying the set just for Thirdspace, and that's not worth 60$. [/B][/QUOTE]
    In the Beginning and A Call to Arms were enjoyable for me, also they come with cool goodies like commentary.
    Dug
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    yes we all already own ITB and The Gathering, but we all knew back when we bought em that they were a test to see if the season sets would sell, and that one day they both would be reissued with new goodies.

Im ok with this double dip.
    oh yea by the way I know Stephen Furst and Jeff conaway did a commentary together, im pretty sure for thirdspace. :)
  • Actually, I did purchased the ITB/TG combo as a way of showing support for the franchise and push for the release of the seasons boxed set. There was never any mention that these DVDs were landfill-destined disposables and didn't constitute the beginning of a collection.

Now to thank me WB forces me to double-buy if I ever want to finish my collection. And to add to that they don't even include LotR which means if I want to be a completist I'll have to buy it later.

When I shell out my cash to support a company or franchise I don't expect it to turn around and stick one in my back like that. They could've gone on and release two double-movie packs (TS/RoS + CtA/LotR) and I would've been happy to pay 20$ each to complete my collection.

I already own both ITB and TG, I'm not spending a nickel to own them again.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Trader [/i]
    [B]yes we all already own ITB and The Gathering, but we all knew back when we bought em that they were a test to see if the season sets would sell, and that one day they both would be reissued with new goodies.

Im ok with this double dip. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. I knew when I bought the first DVD that it was merely to test the waters and they would probably be reissued properly a few years later. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's that simple.
    couldn't have said it better myself. wait i could.

DONT BUY IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT FOOLS!

there.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Also, if you don't want to own them twice, just put your old DVDs on ebay NOW (before the set is announced big). You could get 5-10 $ back, and don't have any duplicates...
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Let's also keep in mind that this new set should have a 5.1 audio track rather than the stereo track we have with the currently released set.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Knew that too myself... didn't bother me really. If we all decided not to buy them then sales of that dvd would have been lower and WB might not have given the go ahead for the season boxsets. Anyway just means B5 takes up more space on my shelf! :D

Looking forward to this one, can't wait to watch those battle scenes in Thirdspace with surround sound! :eek: :)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I too was aware that the current two movies we have were a test. In fact I think it was specifically mentioned at least once by jms that they would be re releaced. Sometimes we must sacrifice a little to gain much.
  • Well, I guess this was the Ides of May announcement. Now I'm annoyed, because we have no idea when we'll get news on TMoS.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I'm not so sure if this is it. It well known that getting doccuments together to make something big takes time.
  • EA_SpookEA_Spook Trainee
    I was just stopping by for a looksee for new info and re-reading the announcement about the DVD movies made me realize that there could be a connection between Babylon 5: The Movies and B5:TMoS. I have a bad feeling that these are more than a coincidence that the names are so close, the dates are so close to what JMS said, and who made the announcement.

Has this not occurred to anyone else? Or am I too pessimistic?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    You're way,[i] way[/i] too pessimistic. I can imagine the post if you were right:

"Hi, folks. You know all those oblique hints I was giving? The ones about "TMoS" and 2.35 and a lot of money being involved? Well, I wasn't talking about a theatrical movie. I was talking about a set of DVDs that I told you last year, in no uncertian terms, would be coming out this year. I've just been yanking your chain, because I have no respect for you all whatsoever.

"By the way, Season One of Babylon 5: The Special Edition comes out in '05. I think you'll be very pleased with all the changes, including digitally replacing Commander Sinclair with Captain Sheridan to improve continuity."

EDIT: Okay, whoever screwed around with the swear filter to get around the bold tag trick allowing people to write the name J-A-N-E-W-A-Y without setting off the filter, please be aware that it is possible, however unlikely, that someone may want to emphasize the word "way" at some point. I'd like to be able to type[i] way[/i] and not have it come out [i*****[/i]. Thank you.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    You can still get arround it...

Spoiler: [b][/b]j[b][/b]a[b][/b]n[b][/b]e[b][/b]w[b][/b]a[b][/b]y[b][/b]
    There's the possibility that Richard Bigg's passing away lead to the announcement beeing postponed.

Many people at WB were always supportive of B5, and it's quite possible that they've called jms, or he's called them, and they decided that it would be more respectfull to let everybody mourn for Richard Biggs, and not announce the project until the waves have settled.

Also, if he would have had a larger part in the movie, this now has to be rewritten, which could also contribute a little delay..
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    yeah, thats what i think is happening, and in light of richard's passing i think i can wait a little longer:(
    It's not like we aren't used to paitently waiting...
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    indeed, i just hope that in future its not gonna be because someone has died