Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5TV.com almost closed

[i]Dear Friends

I have come to the decision to close B5TV.COM, well at least most of it. As is quite obvious I've not really updated it all year, due to lack of time, help or (to be honest) motivation. So is this the end of B5TV.COM? Possibly.

I don't see any point of closing the forums at the moment. They tick over with a fair amount of traffic and a dedicated user base. Plus, thanks to the moderating team, things there are maintained well.

I do have wishes to resurrect the site, start it a new and maybe focus on the new B5 movie when it gets off the ground. But it's a maybe. I want to develop myself as a web designer again before I would do that, and I'd have to decide if I can get the site in a format that won't get out of date easily again and is ultimately worthwhile.

So I may put out a survey in the future to gauge people on what they want, if they want it, or whether just to leave it as no one cares anymore... who knows.

But I do appreciate those that email and ask me where I've been, giving ideas or just giving their thoughts on B5.

If you want to drop me a line, email my name (below) at the domain name b5tv.com.

Thanks
Antony[/i]

Comments

• Re: B5TV.com almost closed

Well, that sucks. In my books B5TV.com was a good site, although the news updates weren't frequent enough (for understandable reasons).
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Sadness! Well if their forums go down I am sure they are more than welcome to come over here. Joe would be a wonderful addition to this site ;)
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Agreed on all counts.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Man, that's pretty sad :/

They were one of the only other truly active fan sites out there. Right now, their forums are much like ours in the sense that they have a distinctly..."interesting" culture ;) (No offense. I just think all of us B5 fans are weird! :D)

It's too bad. It was a wonderful site with a ton of potential. It will be missed...
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    This page is slowly dying too...just look in the B5 forum :/
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Nah. That's just because there's not too much going on :D

Hell, look at the hits we get...

edit: Ok...maybe that's not going to work. :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The Zocalo is as busy as ever. The firstones.com forums always go through regular cycles of activity, and currently we're in a low point.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Its just the way it goes. One the movie gets going things will spike here.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Was gonna say the exact same myself Croxis. With any luck the B5 world will be firing on all cylinders once the movie gets out there!

Just out of interest how many other B5 community sites are left these days? Musn't be that many now that have survived the past few years. Lurkers Guide, B5TV.com and ourselves of course spring to mind....