Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Autobots Attack

BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
We're currently having a minor problem on the forums with bots registering spam accounts on the forums. The forum software does support those funky images that computers can't process, but we need to get something set up on the server before it will work. Until then, we will be moderating all new user registrations.

Comments

• Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    Shouldnt it say Decpeticons attack? since the Autobots are a peace loving race and would only attack when attacked?

:)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    actually, I have had the same thing happen over at the aqm message boards. Must be that time of year again....
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The gentoo forums had a major hit a few weeks ago. They got hundreds of new users in the space of a few hours.
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    What exactly do they do? Post threads and PM spam?

Not that I've seen. It appears they just register lots of random accounts.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Oh great. :(

Hope they are purple posters though. ;)
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Well...it looks like Defiant got the visual checking working. Now he needs to color it purple. :)
    Now that it's going, I've turned off new user moderation. Hopefully the funky image thing should prevent any further bot users.
  • [URL=http://www.geocities.com/mrdata33/theme_transformers.mp3]TRANSFORMERS![/URL]