Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Mod people, check in here

This is just a thread to determine the active modders on this site. no need for conversation, just want to know which mods are active and who is active within them.

Please post the name of the mod or mods you're involved in and your position in said project. If you wish, you could also note if the mod is alive or dead.

[size=4]No Discussion Please.[/size]

Comments

• FoxerFoxer Earthforce Officer
    Im the leader Of Babylon 5 TC For Freelancer team

Team Is very advanced
    Models are the best
    And we are full of enthusiasm
  • Buda5
    Scripter

Best Models. :)
  • Babylon 5 TC for XWA's only guy showing up.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Babylon 5: Legends is inactive but I'm still interested in working on it.

No. I'm done. Good bye.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Well, I've lived through a few (failed) modding attempts but I have the means, experience(*) and willingness to contribute to this effort.

(*) I think I know what this project here is trying to accomplish and I believe it to be the main reason why most unsuccessful modding projects fail. There is a lot of preproduction work that has to be done before a team can start working on the actual project. Since someone, usually the project leader, has to gather all the source material, he's basically the sole person doing all the initial work. This is very tiresome and time consuming and you will see little or no progress at all, which is very furstrating. And then there are real-world situations that can and will slow down a project significantly to the point where it comes to a grinding halt. The reasons are plenty for this to happen but the main reason is basically because the project revolves around one person and that could be avoided if we'd get this project off the ground. An OPEN SOURCE effort would be great, but as some have pointed out it would have to follow certain guidelines to give proper credit and to allow anyone to contribute regardless of format or style. The nice thing about this is that even failed projects should have something (models, textures, data, etc.) to contribute. It's a win-win situation. :)
    Yeah....thats true.....BTW stingray.....what did u do when u were in a MOD (that has failed) or are you still in a MOD?
    We could need some extra hands
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Foxer [/i]
    [B]Yeah....thats true.....BTW stingray.....what did u do when u were in a MOD (that has failed) or are you still in a MOD?
    We could need some extra hands [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I did some basic "cell-shaded" texture work (mainly logos, computer screens as seen on the consoles and babcom units) and I'm a 3D modelling novice which may come in handy a bit later.

I'm in the process of compiling all my work. I was out of the modding loop for a while (real-world issues: job) and now I should be able to have a hobby again. :D
    Ok thats just perfect for us....
    If u want u can join our team

BTW My MSN is [email]Foxer_F1@hotmail.com[/email]
    [B]Ok thats just perfect for us....
    If u want u can join our team

BTW My MSN is [email]Foxer_F1@hotmail.com[/email] [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but I wasn't trying to join a mod-team, at least not now. :)

I apologize for starting a discussion. :o
    Oh no.....no Problem.....No harm done
    Was just hoping we could get some new faces to our team, but if u want u can join anytime.....

Now about the Cooperation
    Whatkind of database is this server running on?
    MySQL? Or something else?
  • I Play mods. love them. They take care of the B5 game that never was, takes care of the hunger. Edge of Chaos, TBP, IFH mods all good. I wish I could assist but so many good mods so, so little time. I know nothing on making them but love playing them.
  • I have always been here.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]I have always been here. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, now that we got that out of the way, what's next? :)

I guess for people to submit source material there needs to be some kind of system ready to accomodate the uploading and storing of files.

There was just an outage of this server/site a few moments ago, don't know yet what caused it, but I'm wondering if this site could handle all that extra traffic.
    YEah......I think thats the main problem.....
    We need to find a good place where to put it and a guy who can make the interface
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    Buda5
    Scripter

Roi who said the campaign is dead...I'd say halted.
    I read the forums but I won't/don't have time to do work alone.
  • Andy La RubinAndy La Rubin Earthforce Officer
    I don't know if it qualifies to this topic, but IFH is active, and all team is working.
  • Just to let everyone know, TBP is active and alive. :D
    Migh as well write it here, Babylon 5: Severed Dreams is working and can count on a pre-alpha soon :D
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [B]Migh as well write it here, Babylon 5: Severed Dreams is working and can count on a pre-alpha soon :D [/B][/QUOTE]
    Woohoo!:D
    Oh yes, I forgot to PM you about the progress update :P
  • jusasjusas Earthforce Officer
    Hm, why did I never notice this topic? :rolleyes:

Anyway, B5: Conflicts of Loyalty is moving on, slowly but surely. I'm looking for at least one modeler at the moment since LogicSequence seems to have vanished (and hoping that my damn internet connection at home will be fixed soon, already endured this for a week...:mad: )
    Hmm, well since this is a Cooperation project section and we are beginning to expand it, why wont we start cooperation between Conflicts of Loyalty and Severed Dreams?

I mean it would be perfect match - good models, same plot (EA Civil War)

What do you say? My MSN is [email]Foxer_F1@hotmail.com[/email] (so is my e-mail :P)

(P.S. - Im a modeler)
    [B]Hmm, well since this is a Cooperation project section and we are beginning to expand it, why wont we start cooperation between Conflicts of Loyalty and Severed Dreams?

I mean it would be perfect match - good models, same plot (EA Civil War)

What do you say? My MSN is [email]Foxer_F1@hotmail.com[/email] (so is my e-mail :P)

(P.S. - Im a modeler) [/B][/QUOTE]

Well why not? :)
    I'm not sure we have anything else to share than models though... well, maybe some sound effects and such. I'm also in a nasty position to share our models as most of them have been made by LogicSequence who vanished about 4 months ago :(

Anyway, I'll mail you when I have more time, probably next week or so.
    Ok then, we'd have to make the models a bit more low-poly, OCD has around 33k on lod0 :shadow1:
    I guess you guys are aiming for something around 6-7k for capships?

I've allready added you in ICQ :)
    Well don't worry about the polycounts, we can reduce the polys... you shouldn't go through any extra work just for us. And yes, our aim is 6-7k, occasionally up to 10k if it's really necessary.

BTW, what format are the models in?
    3ds Max - what else :p
    I cant imagine building an OCD in lightwave.. :alien:

Anyways, from what i've seen from your CoL trailer, the Omega's Front section looks quite odd, just like in the little animation you made...
    BTW, can you show me the topwing texture you used for the starfury in the Animation (JanosVII)?
    Right now im only dependent on the topwing texture found at starshipmodeler.com - the site I used for reference in modeling most EA ships :)
    It seems quite obvious to me now that SD's plus is the great, accurate models, but the minus side is weak texturing...
    Here's the current model of the starfury: [URL=http://fltc.firstones.com/Pictures/scene5.avi]http://fltc.firstones.com/Pictures/scene5.avi[/URL]