Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5: Conflicts of Loyalty

[SIZE=3][b]Hi everyone!

As the forum emplies, this is a mod for the game [URL=http://www.nexusthegame.com]Nexus: The Jupiter Incedent[/URL]. You can click on the link to check out the Game. [/b][/SIZE]

[COLOR=orange][b]Here is a breif backstory on the game itself (as posted on the game's website):[/color][/b]

[quote][b]Immerse yourself in "Nexus - The Jupiter Incident", the latest surprise to hit the gaming world! Innovative and groundbreaking, it is a real-time mission-based tactical space game featuring spectacular real time battles and breathtaking motion picture quality. Focus on tactics and action as you control up to a dozen battleships encountering aliens, unknown solar systems and astrophysical phenomena in your struggle to save Earth.

At the dawn of the 22nd century the conquest of space and the colonization of the solar system is being monopolized by several huge and ambitious megacorporations. Although extremely delicate and vulnerable, a balance is maintained by these companies. It has now been 60 years since the terrible catastrophe that befell Noah's Ark, the first colony ship of mankind.
At the very edge of the solar system the companies make a discovery which will shift the technological advantage and upset the balance. And so a new conflict is born: "The Jupiter Incident". You are Marcus Cromwell, a young but already famous captain. With your legendary spaceship Stiletto you find yourself in the middle of the conflict.

“Nexus – The Jupiter Incident” is what we call a TFS: a Tactical Fleet Simulator. It’s like nothing you’ve played before. The strong, elaborate story takes you from mission to mission and allows different approaches. It’s up to you which tactics you choose to bring each mission to a good end. A reward system enables you to repair, upgrade and enhance your ships depending on the approach you chose. Mission briefings let you roam through an unbelievably accurate 3D animated star map system.

Are you ready to take on the challenge…? [/quote][/b]

[COLOR=orange] [b]Some of the game features include:[/b][/color]

[quote][b]
- Epic campaign with 6 Episodes and more than 26 thrilling missions
- Powered by Mithis’ unique Black Sun 3D engine
- Spectacular real-time battles with breathtaking motion picture quality
- Control up to 10 extremely detailed, customizable spaceships from basic to simulation level
- Diverse mission types: espionage, fight, stealth, sabotage, rescue, science, etc.
- NPCs and crew with improving skills
- 6 different alien species with race-specific tactics and 30 alien spaceships
- More than 50 unique characters and 90 different weapons and devices
- More than 50 capital ship types and 10 small ship types
- More than 350 planets, moons etc. in 10 solar systems
- Flexible starmap system: animated map objects, light flares, etc.
- Zoom in on every planet, moon, comet, asteroid field, etc. in a fully 3D environment
- Planet movement based on real physics

MULTIPLAYER:
- Internet and LAN
- Playable alien races with unique abilities
- Diverse missions
- Built-in voice-com support
- In-game browser through HD Interactive’s authentication server [/quote][/b]

[SIZE=3][b]You can also check out some great screenshots of the Nexus Game [url=http://www.nexusthegame.com/index.html?action=showfotopage&fotopageid=12]HERE![/url][/SIZE][/b]

[COLOR=orange] [b]Babylon 5 Conflicts of Loyalty's backstory is as follows:[/b][/color]

[quote][b]
Captain Evans
Personal log
January 4th, 2259

I don't know what to think. I keep wondering how it could have happened. Probably sabotage or maybe a straight on terrorist strike. I can't understand how they did it. Honestly I don't believe it was an accident, it just couldn't have been. Everyone of my crew is still thinking of President Santiago and wondering the same thing as I am and more importantly who it was behind it. I was talking to Commander Jasinski the other day trying to inquire her if she knew something that I didn't. Obviously the military intelligence was just as baffled or they wanted to keep their secrets. Either way they probably wouldn't say anything in public until they could confirm who was behind it.

We're still on patrol around the outskirts of the Orion system. Raider activity has been higher than usual and this has alarmed the high command. We're still wondering how they can get in and out of the battlefield so quickly. They're not limited to jumpgate ambushes any longer, they seem to pick targets in deep space quite far from any popular routes. For me it looks like they don't want to risk it, picking targets that can't be defended. This has stretched our forces pretty thin as we are trying to cover larger and larger areas, potentially endangering the more secure trade routes. We've received a few distress calls during the last two weeks but we've always been too late to do anything. So far we've been lucky, most of the transport pilots have survived the raids so there hasn't been any significant civilian casualties. It's been like jumping from a place to another to inspect wreckages. We desperately need a headstart to catch the raiders with their pants down... or just simply some luck for a change.

Lancelot and Callisto are still patrolling near the Orion colony and set to join me in two weeks when we get closer to the main colony. It will be nice to see some familiar faces again, it's been quite lonely out here (although Foy keeps me laughing with his jokes).

End entry. [/quote][/b]

[SIZE=3][b]You can take a look at some great pre-Alpha stage screenshots [url=http://www.b5-conflicts.com/screenshots.html]HERE[/url].[/SIZE][/b]

You will hear a lot more from us soon!

[b][COLOR=skyblue]Babylon 5: Conflicts of Loyalty team:

Modelling and texturing[/COLOR] [COLOR=burlywood][/b]
- Jussi Saarivirta
- Mikko Lintunen
- LogicSequence[/COLOR]

[b][COLOR=skyblue]Scripting[/COLOR][/b][COLOR=burlywood]
- Jussi Saarivirta[/COLOR]

[b][COLOR=skyblue]Storywriting[/COLOR][/b][COLOR=burlywood]
- Jussi Saarivirta [/COLOR]

[b] [SIZE=3] [COLOR=red]WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS![/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Comments

• :)
  • MadDogMadDog Trainee
    Would love to help, but...

Great concept! You guys are my personal hero's and if I had any scripting knowledge at all I could be devoting countless hours to your great program. As it is all I can offer is moral support. I just want you all to know that the your work is greatly anticipated and appreciated.
  • great mod, if you guys are looking for volenteers id love to help, im a modler, cant texture lol. dunno how. ive attached a few pics of stuff ive dun, all b5 related. ive done other stuff but i tohught it best to just post the pics of my b5 projects.

my email is [email]cerberus_204@hotmail.com[/email]
    its also my msn address.

hope to hear from ya guys.

ps. my omega is finished, nova need sum slight work. earth force one and the breaching pod are about 60% each.
  • earth force one
  • omega and nova
  • breaching pod
  • pod might come handy.
  • scapscap Trainee
    Hiya guys,

I just went through my first Nexus missions yesterday, and this is a great game indeed. And that B5-related mod project you are working on is a great idea! Know that many people throughout the world are very interested in your progress (I'm French)!

Well, I fear my lack of skill in programming prevent me from efficiently contributing to your project, nonetheless if a translator is needed later I am here for the french version!

Please don't give up, first screenshots are awesome!!
  • StuStu Trainee
    Hello all,
    This is my first post here on this site but I have been following nexus for nearly 3 years, from its development to its release to this mod that is coming. My wife and I are real fans of B5 we love the concept and I feel that nexus tends to lend its self to this mod. I am and know a lot of people that are really looking forward to this mod. I am from New Zealand. Sadly due to my lack of computer programming skills I fear that I wont be much use but I will be spreading the good word about this mod and if there is anything I can do to help I am more than happy to. Us like many other people look forward to the first look at this mod. Thankyou for the vision to think of the idea of this mod and lastly please can you include shadow ships as part of the mod.
    Many thanks
    Stu
    :)
  • LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    Jusas, wanna take this one? :)

Thanks for all the compliments! Jusas can tell you more about the story, all i do is build ships ;) ::runs back to shipyards::
  • jusasjusas Earthforce Officer
    Nice to hear people are interested :)

The CoL story is based on EA civil war so unfortunately you won't be seeing many alien ships in action. However you can still play with them in skirmish, we intend to include as many ships as we can before the release.

CoL will not be the end of the mod, there are still stories to be told. We're just getting started here :) Concerning CoL, we now have a need for mission scripters. If we don't get any, I'll get overloaded with work. Scripting the 20'ish mission campaign can take time.

Oh, and here's something new to gaze at, been working on some props:

[url]http://www.jusas.net/tmp/platta2.jpg[/url]
  • Great work!!! I was one of the few that first bought Nexus and then found out about the mod. Im a happy man now, I remember the Homeworld modding team was one of the first (if not the first) to actually try such a mod. But you guys are ona very good track. I am a modeller but due to army obligations I dont have much time.
    One question though, your gonna give the whole mod in one go? or make releases of it? Whats the status of it?

Thnx a lot mates:)
  • there was a B5 Mod for Star Trek: Klingon Academy, only Multiplayer though...

nice texturing on that base :indycool:
  • jusasjusas Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JG_overseer13 [/i]
    [B]Great work!!! I was one of the few that first bought Nexus and then found out about the mod. Im a happy man now, I remember the Homeworld modding team was one of the first (if not the first) to actually try such a mod. But you guys are ona very good track. I am a modeller but due to army obligations I dont have much time.
    One question though, your gonna give the whole mod in one go? or make releases of it? Whats the status of it?

Thnx a lot mates:) [/B][/QUOTE]

We intend to release the first version as a full package (a total conversion) meaning that the ships, campaign and some multiplayer missions are all in the same package. After that we'll probably continue making new smaller releases (campaigns, more ships, more multiplayer) but the first release will be the biggest one.