Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Lost!!

A new episode is close :)

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Re: Lost!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mundane [/i]
    [B]A new episode is close :) [/B][/QUOTE]

When is the permiere? and i guess this means i should watch the Season Finale on my Tivo, i deliberatly didnt watch it, so i wouldnt have to wait all summer for the next one :)

i know, its cheesy, but it worked.!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    im just getting to the end of season 1 at the moment! cant wait to see what happens now:D
  • airs tonight. :D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]airs tonight. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah i just saw that, i guess i better watch the end of last season after work then!

lol
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    gah i'm with my bf. CUrsed! I'll make him watch it even though he doesn't like tv
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Just watched it. Oh my god!!!! Not going to say anything to avoid spoilers but man I want to see the next episode right now!!!!!
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    The episode spoiled everything for me...more happened in this episode than in the last season. All the mysteries will have a natural explanation, there will be nothing fantastic about Lost in the end. The only special thing will be the way they tell the story, not the story itself.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mundane [/i]
    [B]The episode spoiled everything for me...more happened in this episode than in the last season. All the mysteries will have a natural explanation, there will be nothing fantastic about Lost in the end. The only special thing will be the way they tell the story, not the story itself. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, i found it rather anticlimactic,

Spoiler: I fear that the whole undergound base is going to turn out to be some secret government bullshit, thus setting up an Alias/Lost crossover i'm rather disapointed in how this season has started.

I mean we heard so much about "the others" there was such buildup, and then we meet them, and its a bunch of biker/fishermen types?

And last season, they took time setting things up, they would mention something in episode 6, then not bring it up again until episode 19, this time, in last season's finale they bring up the guy in the stadium running with Jack, then he shows up next episode, thats something we should have seen in a flashback WAY early, THEN have had them spring it on us S2E1, that would have been a much better way of doing it,

i enjoyed the Ep, but was dissapointed
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    ...must....not....read.....;)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Entil'Zha [/i]
    [B]yeah, i found it rather anticlimactic,

Spoiler: I fear that the whole undergound base is going to turn out to be some secret government bullshit, thus setting up an Alias/Lost crossover i'm rather disapointed in how this season has started.

I mean we heard so much about "the others" there was such buildup, and then we meet them, and its a bunch of biker/fishermen types?

And last season, they took time setting things up, they would mention something in episode 6, then not bring it up again until episode 19, this time, in last season's finale they bring up the guy in the stadium running with Jack, then he shows up next episode, thats something we should have seen in a flashback WAY early, THEN have had them spring it on us S2E1, that would have been a much better way of doing it,

i enjoyed the Ep, but was dissapointed [/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't find it disappointing at all, Spoiler: although I did think it went from mysterious to surreal. It's a change of pace, but that isn't always a bad thing. Events are starting to move quickly on the island now so having the program pace change as well doesn't bother me much.

Regarding "the others": we don't know for sure that the people on the boat are the same "others" we've been hearing about, and even if they are they might not be all of them, they could be one small group in a larger, more varied group. They may look like biker/fisherman types, but maybe that's just so they can fit in with where ever they hang out? Don't judge them so quickly based on a very brief encounter. :) Not to mention that the one seen in season 1 didn't look like a biker/fisherman type, and sure didn't act like one and had abilities you wouldn't expect of a biker/fisherman type.

And besides, no matter how you felt about how quickly or slowly things were revealed, you've got to admit that you're just dying to find out what that guy was doing living in a bunker under an unknown island. Where does he get all his supplies from? What's with the 70s computers? Is he controlling the security system? (Seems possible - beeps, then he wakes up and executes something on the computer at about the same time that they were coming back with the dynamite.)

Even if this does all turn out to be some government conspiracy, I don't see that as being a poor explanation for the events.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B] Spoiler: Not to mention that the one seen in season 1 didn't look like a biker/fisherman type, and sure didn't act like one and had abilities you wouldn't expect of a biker/fisherman type.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Spoiler: Ahh, but they explained his abilities in this weeks episode. those were Steroids that the guy in the bunker was injecting. which would explain Ethan's speed and strength, and 'roid rage'

Don't get me wrong, i did enjoy it, and i am looking forward to finding out whats up, i just felt it was very anti climactic after the way Season 1 was, AND, although i didnt watch it, people who watch Alias have told me that this is what happend with that show, the first season was outstanding, then he revealed everything in the first few eps of season 2, and it went downhil from there, and i'm afraid he'll do the same thing with Lost. I hope not though,

[/Spoiler]
    [B] Spoiler: Ahh, but they explained his abilities in this weeks episode. those were Steroids that the guy in the bunker was injecting. which would explain Ethan's speed and strength, and 'roid rage'

Don't get me wrong, i did enjoy it, and i am looking forward to finding out whats up, i just felt it was very anti climactic after the way Season 1 was, AND, although i didnt watch it, people who watch Alias have told me that this is what happend with that show, the first season was outstanding, then he revealed everything in the first few eps of season 2, and it went downhil from there, and i'm afraid he'll do the same thing with Lost. I hope not though,

[/Spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

[Spoiler]I agree with Entil'Zha, i think this is either gonna go reall well this season, or its gonna suck. That said i am still really looking forward to the next one.

Ive been trying to think of another reason that guy could be there other than a government conspiracy, and i havent really been that successful. but i dont get the feeling it is somehow. there have been no simple explanations so far, and i would be most disappointed if we get one now[/Spoiler]
    [B] Spoiler: Don't get me wrong, i did enjoy it, and i am looking forward to finding out whats up, i just felt it was very anti climactic after the way Season 1 was, AND, although i didnt watch it, people who watch Alias have told me that this is what happend with that show, the first season was outstanding, then he revealed everything in the first few eps of season 2, and it went downhil from there, and i'm afraid he'll do the same thing with Lost. I hope not though, [/Spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

Spoiler: It would certainly suck if that happened. This is my main objection to shows that don't have a start-to-finish-in-a-set-time plan before being made. They tend to die rather than end.
    [B] Spoiler: It would certainly suck if that happened. This is my main objection to shows that don't have a start-to-finish-in-a-set-time plan before being made. They tend to die rather than end. [/B][/QUOTE]

Spoiler: sometimes, the witers just seem to lose vision.
    Spoiler: Exactly my point. :) If there's a complete plan before production begins, it's much harder to get lost.

On a side note, I wonder how many people think we're still discussing major spoilers for the episode?
    [B] Spoiler: Exactly my point. :) If there's a complete plan before production begins, it's much harder to get lost.

On a side note, I wonder how many people think we're still discussing major spoilers for the episode? [/B][/QUOTE]

I was wondering the exact same thing
    [B] Spoiler: Exactly my point. :) If there's a complete plan before production begins, it's much harder to get lost.

On a side note, I wonder how many people think we're still discussing major spoilers for the episode? [/B][/QUOTE]

Spoiler: So im watching ABC re-broadcasting last week's lost, and the guy's injecting himself, and i've got tivo, so i figure, hmm let me pause it and see if i can read whats on the label of the bottles that he's injecting himself with, lo and behold, i can read the label.... and what is on the label?? how about

4-8-15-16-23-42
    [B] Spoiler: So im watching ABC re-broadcasting last week's lost, and the guy's injecting himself, and i've got tivo, so i figure, hmm let me pause it and see if i can read whats on the label of the bottles that he's injecting himself with, lo and behold, i can read the label.... and what is on the label?? how about

4-8-15-16-23-42

[/B][/QUOTE]

Spoiler: you enter the numbers into the computer it resets the clock, it resets the clock to 108 (minutes or hours)

4+8+15+16+23+42=108

Ugh i hate this show! i hate the numbers, UGH
  • Spoiler: did anyone notice the tattoo on the shark? wtf
    Spoiler: I did. I glimpsed it the first time, and went back to check later. It's the same symbol as was all throughout the inside of the hatch, including on all the food containers.

I wonder what this sickness that Desmond was going on about is. I also wish they hadn't stopped the hatch part right at the same place as last week; that annoys me greatly.

One random guess regarding needing to enter those numbers into the computer: it's some kind of test to see if he's gone mad yet - if he's not capable of entering the numbers then whatever he's up to in there is a failure. Another random possibility: it resets the security system and when he fails to enter it in time, the security system activates.
    [B] Spoiler: I did. I glimpsed it the first time, and went back to check later. It's the same symbol as was all throughout the inside of the hatch, including on all the food containers.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Spoiler: yeah, we noticed the symbol on the shark, then used tivo to go back and check it out.

I think that if he doesnt enter the numbers in, something bad happens, the place blows up, the security system activates, the shadows attack.

I just want to know wtf the numbers mean, they keep popping up EVERYWHERE.
    Spoiler: There could well be other bunkers like that all over the island (it's pretty big) or on other islands, each with their own set of numbers.
    It looks like Pentagon?
  • I think we will be greatly dissapointed, when we find out that the numbers doesnt mean anything... Hopefully not going to happen.
  • I'm pretty much hooked at the moment, as the first series is currently being shown over here on Channel 4. I've succeeded in avoiding any and all future spoilers so far, apart from one which informed me that Mira Furlan would make an appearance. ;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sinclair [/i]
    [B]I think we will be greatly dissapointed, when we find out that the numbers doesnt mean anything... Hopefully not going to happen. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats what I am afraid of...in the end the series will be shit. The only reason it feels good is the way the story is told.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I've heard they have the story for season 1-3 planned out.

I don't know how reliable that is though.

Worf
    This is scary....

Spoiler: In episode 3, you see a movie about the "hanso foundation".....it contains cuts from the norwegian city Narvik.

In norwegian:
    [url]http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2005/10/07/445691.html[/url]

[url]http://www.thehansofoundation.org/[/url]

Not to forget:

[url]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7870/stored4ys.jpg[/url]

[url]http://di9fftr731.com/[/url]

[url]http://www.dharmaindustries.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.kraftkost.se/[/url]
    [url]http://www.thedharmainitiative.info/[/url]
  • Am I the only one who thinks this show isnt as entertaining as it used to be.... Its actually very boring.. So boring that I have been forgotting to watch new episode every week...
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    The last episode was indeed a bit dull. Does seem to have lost a bit of its quality since season 1. An annoying 3 week wait now until the next episode.