Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The teaser... is here!

jusasjusas Earthforce Officer
Yep, just got it together and compressed.

Here ya go, [url=http://jusas.net/b5-conflicts/files/b5_col_teaser.rar]download link (16 144kb, DivX)[/url].

Unfortunately I don't have the best hardware available so the footage is a bit jerky and I couldn't use the best resolution either... but anyway, the best I could do.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Keep it up!

Great work guys! Keep up the good work, I can't wait to actualy try this mod out. Also, I know you guys have said you're against it, but you really might want to consider releasing a beta versions. It would help to rekindle interest among the community and you could also benefit from the testing.

Just my two cents:D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    That looks really impressive, great job!

I can't wait to play it.

Worf
  • KruzKruz Trainee
    Re: The teaser... is here!

Hi and wow! This mod looks promising!
    It's impresive what such a small team can do, keep up the good work!
  • Great video, it looks really good.
    Can't wait to play it, im a big fan of the series.
  • Great ! can't wait to get more :)
  • Oh dear... you guys have made a BIG mistake...

Now that I know about this little operation you are going to have to tolerate my incessent nagging until it is done.

I have Nexus and thought the graphics were nothing short of paramount... and now you are combining one of the most visually impressive games with the best show of all TIME... oh dear.

Well, if you guys could have it done in the next week or so that would be great... ;).

But honestly, you guys are great. I can't wait for the next set of screen shots or teaser videos comes out, let alone the actual MOD. Excellent job people. You have made a B5 fane VERY happy.

One quick question: When will this thing be done? I understand completely that you guys are working for free and working as fast as you can... but with that teaser, I am curious as to how much longer I am going to have to nag you guys ;) . If you just say, "it will be released when it is released" I can take it... but if you have a realative date (even if it is something like "before X-mas") I would be happy.

Thanks again for starting a MOD like this... I am shaking with anticipation... literally... so don't let me shake too much longer ;) .
  • Good work on the movie! Hope to see many more good things from this project, Good luck and God Speed.
  • jusasjusas Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by abraxas [/i]
    [B]Oh dear... you guys have made a BIG mistake...

Now that I know about this little operation you are going to have to tolerate my incessent nagging until it is done.

I have Nexus and thought the graphics were nothing short of paramount... and now you are combining one of the most visually impressive games with the best show of all TIME... oh dear.

Well, if you guys could have it done in the next week or so that would be great... ;).

But honestly, you guys are great. I can't wait for the next set of screen shots or teaser videos comes out, let alone the actual MOD. Excellent job people. You have made a B5 fane VERY happy.

One quick question: When will this thing be done? I understand completely that you guys are working for free and working as fast as you can... but with that teaser, I am curious as to how much longer I am going to have to nag you guys ;) . If you just say, "it will be released when it is released" I can take it... but if you have a realative date (even if it is something like "before X-mas") I would be happy.

Thanks again for starting a MOD like this... I am shaking with anticipation... literally... so don't let me shake too much longer ;) . [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I could tell you that it's ready before X-mas... but I'd be lying ;) Honestly at this rate I can't make an estimate and I'd rather not make one as then people will come pointing fingers at me if it's not done by the time. Another problem is that my fellow co-modder LogicSequence has mysteriously vanished after Katrina. He survived it, that I know but after that I haven't heard a single word from him which worries me. This was mostly a two-man project and now it's like my right arm has been cut off. I'd just like to know what's happened to him.
  • MORE!

how's things with logic? any word yet?
    just wondering, if you are otherwise halted, how ' bout making another teaser..
    :) because there aren't a single frame i couldn't remember (been watching the 1st
    trailer ..um.. a couple of times) ;)

And another question, how long did it take you to make that trailer? how time consuming it is`?
    [QUOTE]And another question, how long did it take you to make that trailer? how time consuming it is`?[/QUOTE]

Well it wasn't a huge undertaking. Basically the work was already done when I finished scripting the random camera script. Actually I mostly used the script which came with the Skirmisher program by Arparso, modifying it for my needs (some new camera angles, added fighter cameras etc.) so props go to Arparso for creating a cool camera script to work on :) only a few camera scenes were manually scripted.
    Then I only needed to create some simple fight scenes with minimal AI and let them fight it out while I recorded it with Fraps. Finally I cut the usable material together and added music and our new logo.

Actually now that I just wiped my hard drive I have a lot of space to record the raw material... so from that perspective I could make another one :) Then again, I'll have to reinstall Nexus and restore it to my project workspace from backups so that'll take some time... not to mention other things happening in my life (mostly school projects) so it might take some time.

And I'm fearing that we might have lost LogicSequence :( Still no word from him. I'm genuinely worried.
  • While I am patiently waiting for your best efforts on this mod guys, I have found the motivation to finally finish Nexus with the anticipation of this game, just to get my skills refreshed. Good work guys!
  • I have registered on these forums to make one comment:

WOHOO!
  • Well... I can only hope that Logic Sequence is OK so this amazing project can get on track.
  • Any word from LS? :)

Oh, and does the game have a mission editor?

I haven't bought my copy of Nexus yet, but this TC is a damn fine reason to get it. :D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Reynolds [/i]
    [B]I have registered on these forums to make one comment:

WOHOO! [/B][/QUOTE]

Like Reynolds I registered to the forums to comment on the beauty of the game and the mod.

I am a huge Bab5 fan and think the engine used for Nexus will work great with the setting, and the work you put into the whole project... wow... just, wow.

I eagerly await the release of the mod and hope your co-developed is well and will return soon.
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    The heck? This mod isn't getting even a tiny bit of the publicity it deserves. I have longed for this mod ever since there was only one thread about it in the Nexus forums. :)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr. Fury [/i]
    [B]The heck? This mod isn't getting even a tiny bit of the publicity it deserves. I have longed for this mod ever since there was only one thread about it in the Nexus forums. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually the mod doesn't want much publicity at the moment since I'm practically the only one left to run this project (plus my side kick Paladine who does great work by hanging out in our private IRC channel ;)). After LogicSequence went AWOL things have crawled to a halt, mostly due to me being busy in my life (school mostly) and apartment hunting (moving till the end of this year). So basically I've got to get back to Nexus modding and find another modeler unless LogicSequence is still alive and well. Although I can model stuff myself, most of the scripting falls to me so somebody else needs to do the modeling, preferably someone who's aquainted with LightWave.

So the project needs a bit of a resurrection at the moment. I definitely don't want to declare it dead, we've got a nice story and all figured out, we just need time and people to make it all come true.
  • RambieRambie Earthforce Officer
    Jusas,

I just found Nexus, it's fun! I know a little bit about Lightwave. I helped the B5 MOD Team with the MOD for Space Empires IV.

I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I'll help with whatever.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rambie [/i]
    [B]Jusas,

I just found Nexus, it's fun! I know a little bit about Lightwave. I helped the B5 MOD Team with the MOD for Space Empires IV.

I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I'll help with whatever. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good to know. As soon as I get my things in order I'll probably contact you (next week or so). There must be something you can do :)
  • RambieRambie Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jusas [/i]
    [B]Good to know. As soon as I get my things in order I'll probably contact you (next week or so). [/B][/QUOTE]

Great, I'm moving soon too, we should be moving the first week on Jan, if the weather will cooperate. So don't freak if I don't reply for a week or so.
  • woohoo!

atleast some good news for a long :)

anyway, any progress on that new teaser i asked (or whined ;) ) for?

and btw, any job that doesn't require modeling or graphical skills? :) i have some sparetime and would be more than happy to help anyway i can :)
    Re: woohoo!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wildcard84 [/i]
    [B]atleast some good news for a long :)

anyway, any progress on that new teaser i asked (or whined ;) ) for?

and btw, any job that doesn't require modeling or graphical skills? :) i have some sparetime and would be more than happy to help anyway i can :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Zero progress on that teaser I'm afraid ;)

I'll see if I come up with any non-graphical job. There's always mission scripting if you're up to it, you're more than welcome to try. Check out my tutorials for example and see if you get the hang of it if you're interested. It's not very simple but not too trivial either, once you become one with the scripting language that is :D

A bunch of tutorials can be found here: [url]http://www.nexusthegame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1127&highlight=[/url]
  • Heya everyone!

Been spying on these boards for a while finally got inspired enough to register hehe, first off Jusas I have to ask did you get my e-mail? I shot you one about helpin out with the mod, on the off chance that you didn't get it i'll break it down.

I don't know if your familiar with Hardlight Productions or the Relic Developers Network but I was a community member of both as a scripter mostly just changing the games behavior, I have been going over the Nexus scripts pretty straight forward to me so I'll be happy to lend a hand, im no modeler and I sure as hell can't texture lol but i bet I could lend a hand here and there.

And before I forget. fskin beautiful mod Jusas I want it so let me help so it'll get done ;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Revan67 [/i]
    [B]Heya everyone!

Been spying on these boards for a while finally got inspired enough to register hehe, first off Jusas I have to ask did you get my e-mail? I shot you one about helpin out with the mod, on the off chance that you didn't get it i'll break it down.

I don't know if your familiar with Hardlight Productions or the Relic Developers Network but I was a community member of both as a scripter mostly just changing the games behavior, I have been going over the Nexus scripts pretty straight forward to me so I'll be happy to lend a hand, im no modeler and I sure as hell can't texture lol but i bet I could lend a hand here and there.

And before I forget. fskin beautiful mod Jusas I want it so let me help so it'll get done ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Excellent! I don't recall any e-mail from you unfortunately, don't know whatever happened to it but I'm glad you made this post. I'd love to have someone in the team who could share the scripting workload. I'll get back to you next year... :D that is after I've moved to a new apartment and done with my new year's celebration.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jusas [/i]
    [B]Excellent! I don't recall any e-mail from you unfortunately, don't know whatever happened to it but I'm glad you made this post. I'd love to have someone in the team who could share the scripting workload. I'll get back to you next year... :D that is after I've moved to a new apartment and done with my new year's celebration. [/B][/QUOTE]

Haha not a problem its going to be a busy Christmas/New Year break for me too, hope everything goes smoothly in regard to your move.
  • MAKAMAKA Trainee
    Hi

First thing you guys are doing a great job for this mod.

I was following the B5 mod for HomeWorld but that died, now… I am no moder but when I saw the mod for HomeWorld I thought that was really good work but then a saw this mod and it leaves HomeWorld for dead :eek:, really great work only one question:

You said the this mod would be set in the EA civil war, but on your web site there are no pics of Minbari ships and more importantly the WiteStar my favourite, will there be? Its ok if you haven’t got around to it yet.;)
    The fact that the campaign is about EA civil war doesn't mean that it narrows down the ships we're featuring...

Although we do need another modeler as right now we really don't have anyone dedicated to the job. Before that we're stuck with the models we have so far... but never mind that, we intend to have a mighty arsenal of all sorts of ships in the end.