Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Our view on the mod cooperation project

Allright, everyone please post here how this cooperation should, about legal issues, material protection...

I'll go in first

Now what I'm concerned about is that people can take whatever you worked on and modify it to later claim their own.

So, I talked to Sanfam and we found only 1 proper solution which is to make this project a private project, only accepting certain members who indeed are working on a mod or a game.
It's a certain way to protect the files from going public.

I dont think anyone would wish to see their work being posted in forums, claimed to be theirs.

Also I would like if everyone would respect these conditions and dont spread the work of others.
This is just meant to speed up the work of our projects.

That's all what I think, this project could be quite successful with the right people :)

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I would like to point out that I did not find the concept of a closed environment to be the most agreeable to my personal desires, but it is the most secure.

I would like to think that everyone is happy and trustworthy, and won't steal each other's content and would ontribute by resubmitting their modified versions of the content back into the repository for all to download and enjoy. A rather cheery take on things, yes. But I think it can be achieved. However, others are likely to disagree. I will soon be posting my own take on things for the reference of all here. hopefully, once you understand where I'm coming from, we can all hope to find a comfortable middleground.

The key is trust. Trust in those downloading the files to follow your terms, and trust on their part that by following your agreement, they will benefit the community as a whole.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    As an Ex-modder and someone who has released quite a few models for games (and has some sitting around which he decided not to release because of fear of someone stealing his work(why am i speaking of my self in the third person?)), I think something that requires a registration and at least one valid post in the forums should be enough.
    A simple "Hello, i am [name]. your site is great!" shouldn't be too much to ask. And it might discourage some of the people who want to take stuff without giving credit.

Though those are just suggestions... I'd still upload and share models and textures, if i had any that weren't way to old/bad...
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Well anything would be something =Þ

Check the other post for my views, but in short anything that goes on the internet will probably eventually be stolen by someone. I however do not see a problem with requireing user or even a project registration. Both will help for the repository feature, although as we have seen on sourceforge many projects never go anywhere so list matenince would be needed.