Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I Found Her in April Issue of PC Gamer

croxiscroxis I am the walrus
Page 102.

Here are some snipps:

"Tragedy: There's no commercial Babylon 5 space sim released on the PC. Victory: we don't need one - there's a brilliant freeware game already, and now it's even better.... This is freeware at its finest."

Comments

• Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    Woot! I'll have to get a copy!

Congrats to the I've Found Her Team -- faith manages!

And I've got 100 posts!! And it only took about 3 years... lol I should post more often!
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Great :D
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    Re: I Found Her in April Issue of PC Gamer

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]Page 102.

Here are some snipps:

"Tragedy: There's no commercial Babylon 5 space sim released on the PC. Victory: we don't need one - there's a brilliant freeware game already, and now it's even better.... This is freeware at its finest." [/B][/QUOTE]
    can ypu post a scan of the article please?
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I will when I get home. I dunno about copyright however.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Sweetness!
  • I've loved all the B5 Fan work for freeware gaming or mods for games you can buy. While it does make me sad there will be no B5 offical game, I'm sure it cannot match what we, the fans, can and have created!
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Oo new person! Welcome! :D
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    The I Found Her site confuses me. Can someone tell me what requirements I need to run the game?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    nothing in particular. :p I've found that it works on almost any system I've tried, with as far back as a Geforce 3 and Radeon 9000.
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarthCaligula [/i]
    [B]The I Found Her site confuses me. Can someone tell me what requirements I need to run the game? [/B][/QUOTE]

Q: What are the game's system requirements?
    A: To run IFH Prequel Campaign "Danger and Opportunity" on you PC you will require:

- Windows® System 98/ME/2000/XP OS
    - 800 MHz or higher CPU
    - 128 MB or more of RAM
    - 3D graphics card supporting OpenGL
    - Approx. 220 MB of available hard drive space

check ifh forums for the FAQ ;)
  • Probleb at download.

I have tried many times to download the full package (257MB)
    from I've Found Her site, but I can't .
    It stops downloading at 60MB or at 120MB, or sooner or leter, but never fully download.
    My conection is very good, and I don't thing it is the problem.
    Even tried the mirror sites but nothing!

Any one can help?:confused:
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Have you tried a download manager such as GetRight? When it stops, stop the download and resume it.
  • Thanx for the advice.
    I will try as soon as posible.
    :)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Nice to see some new blood around here, welcome to both of you!
  • Just beat the game. Damn that was good. Fun gameplay and great plot that's true to the universe. I was afraid that I was near the end of the game when I got to that last battle, which I must have died at at least 20 times. I'm really looking forward to the next one. Oh well, there's always the higher difficulties, and with how much I die usually, it's sure to be a living hell with those! Anyone else overshoot their destination like crazy like me? I could barely get into the fight most of the time. I really underestimated how hard it would be to fly one of these things.
  • Congrats IFH team... good workins!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [B]Just beat the game. Damn that was good. Fun gameplay and great plot that's true to the universe. I was afraid that I was near the end of the game when I got to that last battle, which I must have died at at least 20 times. I'm really looking forward to the next one. Oh well, there's always the higher difficulties, and with how much I die usually, it's sure to be a living hell with those! Anyone else overshoot their destination like crazy like me? I could barely get into the fight most of the time. I really underestimated how hard it would be to fly one of these things. [/B][/QUOTE]

i always had trouble running it on my athlon, i've tried a couple times, but never coudl get it to run right, but now that i've got my core 2 duo (almost) i might give it a try again.
  • Since posting that, I can fly and fight much better now. I still overshoot quite a bit, but it's nowhere near as bad as my crazy flying before. I'm also having quite a bit of fun with Skirmish. I've tried my re-enactment of the Battle of the Line a few times, but they keep killing me! Guess I need more practice.
    Also, since at least one person invovled with the game posts here (I think), is there any sort of secrets hidden in hyperspace, like the Well of Forever as an example?
    [B]Since posting that, I can fly and fight much better now. I still overshoot quite a bit, but it's nowhere near as bad as my crazy flying before. I'm also having quite a bit of fun with Skirmish. I've tried my re-enactment of the Battle of the Line a few times, but they keep killing me! Guess I need more practice.
    Also, since at least one person invovled with the game posts here (I think), is there any sort of secrets hidden in hyperspace, like the Well of Forever as an example? [/B][/QUOTE]

there should be a small stuffed bear floating around somewhere in the game IMHO...
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I can't wait to play this game now! I've finally ordered an Intel Mac so I can boot into XP and play lots of games. Ah and off course the Freespace 2 B5 mod as well. Last time I played that I was using a mouse on my work pc and it was so hard to control a Starfury. Pesky Nial fighters kept getting me :D

Bring it on!!! :p
    Actually while I think of it can any one recommend a good joystick for playing IFH etc? Haven't used one in many years
  • Saitek X45. pitch, roll, and yaw axes, with more than enough hat switches to bind lateral thrusters too, and a full sliding throttle to complete the effect. Also, a great profile editor, which can be changed on the fly with the mode switch on the throttle unit. As I recall, Mode 1 was basic flight and combat, and mode 2 was navigation, for me.

Some may recommend the X52, which is fine if you like a twisting joystick to give you your yaw axis, but personally I prefer the rocker rudder paddle on the far side of the X45 throttle (since I haven't been able to find the money for actual rudder pedals yet.)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B] I've finally ordered an Intel Mac so I can boot into XP and play lots of games.[/B][/QUOTE]

Please tell me you waited and got one of the core 2 duo's that were just announced.

they look sweet, i almost bought one. and they cost less than the core duo's did..(slightly)
    Yup I went for the new core 2 duo iMac. It is really cool and its massive too. Great for watching tv shows and Front Row works very smoothly as a media centre app. Got Company of Heros demo running under XP, thats good fun but hard. Tonight I'll fly some Starfuries I think :p The 7600GT 256mb card is a must have option for this model really, ran WOW in OS X and whaced every single setting up and it played superbly.

Cheers for the advice on the joysticks guys. In the end I went for a £24.99 Logitech one from Amazon. Look fien from the reviews people gave for it. Couldn't really justify splashing £100 on a flight stick with all the buttons and rudder stuff ;)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    great game, but i find that flying in hyperspace is the first time i have ever felt nausea in a video game...

and thats coming from a gamer.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Not played Descent? :p
  • Or try out the last level of Einhander. That's the only time I've ever gotten motion sickness from a game.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Actually I loved Descent, and Freespace as well...

Its not the motion, its the video itself, I dont know what it is, would love to play more of the game, it looks fantastic, it just gives me a headache.