Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Bruce Boxleitner to be in Tulsa, OK June 23-25

SpiritOneSpiritOne MagnetoABQ NM
He is on the list of guests for Tulsa's annual [url=http://www.starbase21ok.com/trek_expo_2006.htm]Trek Expo[/url] for all three days including a QA stage presentation on Friday only.

He will be signing autographs and meeting fans the other days of the event.

I have been to one of Starbase 21's events before, they are decent, and consist of some pretty quality guest discussions. If you live near Tulsa it would be a good oportunity to get to meet and talk with Bruce.

I will be driving up myself. If you have never been to Tulsa and need directions or hotel information I routinely work up there and have stayed in about half the hotels in Tulsa and can tell you what to avoid. A good rule of thumb is, is if its right on 71st street, its probably not bad considering thats where everything is in Tulsa.

Also on the list is Aaron Douglas, Battlestar Galactica's Chief Tyrol.

Oh, some star trek guys will be there too.

Comments

• TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    Bah. If he could only in Dallas April 29-30th! The Dallas Comic Con/Sci-Fi and Toy show really needs to get B5 people back to the shows.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Tulsa and Dallas arent really that far apart.
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    It's about 250 miles as the crow flies, 300 miles the proper route... which is still a HELL of a trip.
  • KeithiusKeithius Mr. 3000
    ooh.. I live in Tulsa...

I might be able to make it this. Hmm, yea gunna have to see if I can go to this. Lots of actors are going to be there that I like.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    If you go...you should interview Bruce Boxleitner again, or at the very least...interview James Darren! ;)

Why Darren? Because he's just that awesome.
    Sorry Tyco, I guess its all in perspective. I live in Tyler, and my job has me travelling. I go to Tulsa all the time, sometimes I fly sometimes I drive, its a 4 hour trip either way because of layovers and such.

Tulsa is not as far as Carlsbad or Las Cruces, so to me its not that far.

Im going, Ill see if I can add to my autograph collection, I have a Richard Biggs and a Walter Koenig (as Bester of course) from Bab5.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Jonathan Frakes is going to be there. Penn State representin'! ;)

If anyone gets a chance to talk to him, please ask where he lived while going to PSU (dorm/apartment name)... a soon-to-be-alumnus would be greatful. :)
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    It's not really that far... I use to have to do hauling jobs (horses) from here to LA and back... so from here (just north of dallas) to Tulsa isn't THAT far... I'd love to do, but it's still a distance. I hate driving up to Oklahoma... and I'd probably not mind going to OKC for a chance to meet him (Would love his auto. on my poster with Biggs, Furlan and Christian), but that extra step is what puts me off.

*sighs* Why must I be so lazy? Oh well. :(
    driving to OK does suck, all the damn indian toll roads, its so contrived.

Here Cherokee Indians, we raped your women, killed most of your men, gave you diseased blankets, kicked you off your land and forced you to walk to the middle of fucking no-where Oklahoma, have a toll road.

I make my boss fly me up there, so I dont have to deal with it.
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    Haha that's a good idea!

I could have sworn the last time I went to OKC I was driving up hill the hole time... both directions.:eek:
  • KeithiusKeithius Mr. 3000
    God yes. There are tolls roads all over this blasted state. Not many over by OKC. But they have Tulsa nearly surrounded.:mad: