Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Ethics in Companies and Corporations...

JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
Anyone here been a victim of
Performance Evaluation Subjective Discrimination and Wrongful Termination?

I got hit with it tonight...

Judging my options now at 3 AM in the morning.

Someone is going to pay, maybe a few someones...

Don't care how long it takes either.

I remember names and faces. Shit comes around.

:mad:

Comments

• Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Umm... Jubel Jubel Freu Freu?!?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    What does "Performance Evaluation Subjective Discrimination and Wrongful Termination" mean in English, Jack?
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Sounds like someone is in trouble.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]What does "Performance Evaluation Subjective Discrimination and Wrongful Termination" mean in English, Jack? [/B][/QUOTE]

New supervisor with a grudge who totally lied about my performance of my job and terminated my employment last night.

I could care less about getting the job back, and really, if they wanted me out, all they had to do is ask. But...

When you lie about my work ethic, you have crossed a line in the sand.

Sleezy ass snakes in the grass...

Not much I can do on a Saturday, but come Monday shit is going to hit the fan...
  • YOU GO JACK! SHOW THE BASTARDS WHAT JACK N NICHOLS IS MADE OF! Send em out the damn airlocks! Give em the old Vorlon handshake!
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Now hopefully you remembered to break some fingers when they gave final handshake and say "F*ck you very much" as Eric Idle puts it?

You know, in Finland you would be in good position to complain officials.
    (companies are given shit by courts every now and then around this kind cases)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]What does "Performance Evaluation Subjective Discrimination and Wrongful Termination" mean in English, Jack? [/B][/QUOTE]Workers at mercy of assholes?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    That's disgusting, Jack. Is there any legal procedure you can follow?

In NZ, you'd take them to the [url=http://www.justice.govt.nz/employment-court/index.html]Employment Court[/url], and in this case would probably win.
  • Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, Jack; the boss is making it a little easier for me to get satisfaction, though, because it was a small company, only three of us, and that son of a bitch is digging the fracking grave for his business; I just hope I can get front row seats.

Good luck bustin' heads, man, give 'em hell!
  • Sorry to hear about that JackN...

Evaluations are really just popularity tests anyway there really isn't any scientific method to any of them. My boss just photocopies my evalutaion from the previous year and resuses it. There ussaly is a statement somewhere close to where you sign that states you may not agree with the above information.

The only good angle is unemployment benifits which allot of companies try to get out of paying by making you quit first. You will find something better I would not worry.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    I'm assuming what that is similar to the performance evaluations they do in most of the companies I've worked at in quarterly basis or similar and then that goes to your permanent record. They are IMO a pathetic and inneficient way to manage employees. Those things always worried me because I had/have a tendency to get very hot headed when an inept manager starts questioning work based on written logs and reports.
  • That kind of evaluation is one of the many reasons why I don't want an office job. I've seen too many good people loose their job because of BS like that. I hope you have luck in finding a better job Jack.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    This is the reason Im going to start a company of my own when Im finished with my education. Noone can decide my fate except the customers.

Dammit Jack. Want me to lean on him?
  • Jack I was thinking gimme the company address and I will spam them with Home Gardening magazines and free condom samples.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]Jack I was thinking gimme the company address and I will spam them with Home Gardening magazines and free condom samples. [/B][/QUOTE]

Can I get some of the later?
  • [URL=http://www.jollyjohns.com/]http://www.jollyjohns.com/[/URL]

THERE YA GO!
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]Jack I was thinking gimme the company address and I will spam them with Home Gardening magazines and free condom samples. [/B][/QUOTE]
    It would be even better to use company address and put that supervisor as receiver. :shadow2:
    With employers like that... Who needs terrorism...

(OMG, did I just make a new amendment to the Godwins Law?)

:p
    Well...

Not much I can do, and I've started a new job anyway regardless of their BS.

Automated Machining job using a computerized lathe. Very cool job, if only babysitting and hauling heavy metal stock and finished parts around...

:D

They have robotic welding going on just across the walkway...

I'm happy...

;)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Good. Im glad to see you have no problem getting jobs at least. :)
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    Hey, you can make your own lightsabre props!

Wal-Mart is pure evil and rewards their managers for keeping payroll costs down. Nasty company to work for.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnlaShok [/i]
    [B]Hey, you can make your own lightsabre props!

Wal-Mart is pure evil and rewards their managers for keeping payroll costs down. Nasty company to work for. [/B][/QUOTE]

I seem to have forgotten to mention some time back that I haven't been working for Wal*Mart for months... I quit there to work for the place that canned me.

Regardless though, I hope I don't ever have to go back to WM to get a paycheck...

:s