Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

overwhelmed

JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
With the recent anniversary of Katrina, and todays 5 year anniversary of 9/11, and the Indonesian Tsunami anniversary just months away, and all the other recent craziness...

I find myself wondering what more is coming?

:confused:

Comments

• Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Re: overwhelmed

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]With the recent anniversary of Katrina, and todays 5 year anniversary of 9/11, and the Indonesian Tsunami anniversary just months away, and all the other recent craziness...

:confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

Leather Goddesses of Phobos?
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.

[B]

The Drahk plague, comming to a planet near you, soon...
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    9/11 fills the news conduits 24 hours a day; memorials, interviews with victims, speeches, tears, drama, emotions.

And Darfur gets a news ticker mention.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK

[B]With the recent anniversary of Katrina, and todays 5 year anniversary of 9/11, and the Indonesian Tsunami anniversary just months away, and all the other recent craziness...

i fear that unless something drastic is done, global warming will mean its only just begun:(
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CurZ [/i]
    [B]And Darfur gets a news ticker mention. [/B][/QUOTE]

Curz hit it on the head, don't let the news dictate what the level "badness" happening around us is. There are some real tragedies happening around us that get barely any mention.

That said, there is real good happening, the world is changing for the better, and we just don't know it yet. The problem is good is quiet, it does not boast of its progress. It relies not on the oulet of the world media, but on the quiet determination on those who know they can make a difference. Good is out there and it is doing more than anyone knows...

Jake
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    I agree with Freejack. I don't watch the news anymore and seldom read the paper. What news I get is from scanning the web headlines (BBC and Reuters) and NPR during the commute.

The news media is there to sell products. The more they make you dependent on them, the more opportunities the have to sell.

Try going cold turkey for a week. You'll be amazed how much better you feel, and how much more time you have.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bobo [/i]
    [B]...Try going cold turkey for a week. You'll be amazed how much better you feel, and how much more time you have. [/B][/QUOTE]

Until Iran and North Korea and maybe others bomb the shit out of the USA when you weren't listening... :D