Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

My brand-new 3D website!

Well, after about a month of working on and off, I finished off my first honest-to-goodness website. I felt it was time, and that I had the opportunity, to replace the glorified file-server that was my previous website. This one, for instance, is actually usable without any outside instruction. ;)

One minor bit of warning, though. Since it was made in Apple's point-and-click iWeb program, the actual HTML, as I understand it, is rather horrific to look upon. So I'm not responsible if anyone decides to take a look at the source and is struck blind as a result.

[url=http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/]New Website[/url]

Also, it has a little new content, as well, like a (final, I hope) minor update to my Stargate mesh, a base for the same, a couple of new and uprated pictures, and suchlike.

Comments

• RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Looks good. Love that it's a clean design, not overburdend with gimicks.

The only problem i can see is that the rendered images seem to be horribly scaled down, and i can't find a way to look at them in their original resolution.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Yeah, that's iWeb for you. If you right click and open the image in a new window (or download it), it takes you to the full-sized version. And, of course, if I link directly to the image [url=http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/iWeb/3D%20Website/Star%20Trek_files/Let%27s%20See%20What%20She%27s%20Got.jpg](like so)[/url], it'll show up full-sized.
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

My eyes!!!!

Seriously, nice clean site. Its amazing how ugly the code behind it is.
    From what I've gathered from reading actual web developers' comments on iWeb, part of it is probably due to it being a first release and a little rough around the edges, but most of it comes from the terrible and disturbing flexibility it gives users making sites. Apparently, they had to do a lot of voodoo to make it possible for folks like me who can hardly do more than remember what HTML stands for to stick pictures of whatever size we want wherever we want however we want.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Dave, you're featured ;)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I like it! :D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]Dave, you're featured ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

And I'd like to say a hearty, "Holy crap! I had no idea this was coming!" to all my fans out there. ;)

Seriously, it was a little strange, loading the site, and seeing something so familiar in the Screenshot of the Day slot.
    I'm going to do the best I can to feature community and fan made art in addition to game and mod stuff.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Wow love the pic of the Excalibur1 Any chance of it in 1920x1200 so it will perfectly fit my 24" iMacs screen resolution? :p
    I don't think so. Heck, part of the reason all my renders are in that aspect ratio is so it's easier for me to use the as Desktops. I try to keep all my icons in the letterboxing so the actual picture is uncovered, like [url=http://homepage.mac.com/david_of_mac/.Pictures/Stargate/Desktop%2008-28-06%201024.jpg]this[/url] (I have it set to cycle to a new picture every 30 minutes. Most of them are my own, but a couple of others are thrown in for fun).
    New feature!