Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Johnny Sekka, Dr. Kyle in The Gathering has died

Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
Don't know if any of you have seen this but Johnny Sekka who played Dr. Kyle in The Gathering has died at the age of 72. He passed away on the 14th of September after a long battle with lung cancer. Here's JMS post on it:

[url]http://www.jmsnews.net/msg.aspx?id=1-17597[/url]

It was interesting to read that JMS had hoped to bring him back for the series but couldn't due to his health. Real shame as I liked him in The Gathering.

Ironic now that both of B5's doctors have passed away.

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Re: Johnny Sekka, Dr. Kyle in The Gathering has died

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]It was interesting to read that JMS had hoped to bring him back for the series but couldn't due to his health.[/B][/QUOTE]

I didnt know that.. R.I.P. :(
  • RIP another soul lost in the drift of the B5 line. You may have been a one time character, but one whole always suffer with the missing peices. May you be at peace with all of thoes who have also passed, and remember the time you have had with them. In the sea of stars we pass this soul along. To join the mighty symphony that guides all of us to look up and give us the dreams and passions we all have. Until we meet, may you and all others look upon us and bless us with the gift you have given us and many others in your life. Until then, we will always look to the stars and remember the names of thoes gone. Forever will their lights shine on us and give us what we need and hope. We will hope you will wait for us until then.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    May memories burn bright....
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    :(

I always wondered why he was only in the Gathering and never seen again. Now I know.

- PJH
  • I've always liked his character, he could have been developed really well throughout the series (probably would have been a better/stronger character then Franklin).
  • Sad news. My condolences to his family.
  • Re: Re: Johnny Sekka, Dr. Kyle in The Gathering has died

Sad thing. RIP :/
  • As both he and O'Hare said: "Nothing's the same anymore."

:(
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Seafroggys [/i]
    [B]I've always liked his character, he could have been developed really well throughout the series (probably would have been a better/stronger character then Franklin). [/B][/QUOTE]

While he might have been 'better', in no way would he have been stronger, due simply to his age, size, and declining health (IMHO). But RIP man. We will see you again, beyond the rim, in the place where no shadows lie.
  • One by one...

Rest in peace.
  • Forgive my ignorance please, but who was the 3rd person from the series to die? I know Biggs died first, and then Katsulas.... but I think I may have missed out on one that either died in between or after those two... ?
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Tim Choate (Zathras) died in September 2004.
  • Damn.... He was pretty cool.... Didn't he play the Lumati embassador's symbiotic aide as well?