Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Could you...

Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
Could you sell all your belongings, and move to another country.. and then cut off all ties to your past life.. family, friends.. everything.. and start a new life somewhere unknown?

I can't think of a other way for something that counts as a real rebirth.

If you got the chance to do that.. would you take it?

Comments

• I couldn't do it. Flat out. Mainly because I'd feel bad for all the people I'd be leaving behind and knowing that they'd still worry about me.

But if I'd be in a situation where I wouldn't have any friends and my immediate family would've passed away... the idea would be very tempting indeed. :)

Yeah, if I didn't have any people tieing... tying? is it tieing? me down and it'd just be about me... I just might be crazy enough to go for it. :)
  • I'm too close to my family and friends...no way at all...

Now, selling everything and moving to another country, but not severing ties...absolutly I could do it.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I could easily sell everything and move to another country, but I could never severe ties to home...

Jake
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Same as Jake.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Me too.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    For me, unlikely. I am strongly tied to my surroundings. When I enter an unfamiliar region, when I lack my personal posessions, I feel alienated. I turn in on myself and shut things off until I develop a sense of comfort and security.

It would take extreme external motivation to get me to drop everything and go. Concern for my personal welfare, the well being of my friends, family...but very little I can think of right out.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I would never be so cruel to the people who love me. I would at least tell them I am leaving.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Only if it were witness protection, and my having contact with friends and family would put them in direct danger.

other wise, no way in hell.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I'd say it would depend on the circumstances of course, but as others have said, the place you call home matters little, only the people matter... and maybe the food. :D
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    and the tap water

Portlanders have no idea how luckey they are
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I could if (and only if) something were to happen to my wife, then there'd be no more ties left (internet doesn't count hah hah hah).

I think I might either go to Alaska, New Zealand, I dunno...

Family has no real meaning in my life aside from my wife... hasn't for a long time, and it wasn't by my choice...

So what the hell... Why not...

:)
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    You all make me sound evil. :P

But that's sort of what I could/would/will do..

well, partly atleast.
    Here's the current shape of my room..

[IMG]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2848/roomqn9.jpg[/IMG]
    [url]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9848/1uy7.jpg[/url]

That is me from monday a week ago

[url]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3038/2ax4.jpg[/url]

That is me from monday today.

Any progress?

I'm making myself go to gym about 5 times a week, and changing my habits a bit more. More water and stopped eating all sweets and shit.

My goal is to be even slightly toned/less geeky by february...

Edit: Just calculated my scars, the ones that I could see without mirrors, 55.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]I'm too close to my family and friends...no way at all...

Now, selling everything and moving to another country, but not severing ties...absolutly I could do it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Material aspects of your life can be left behind, relationships are completely different. I've often considered moving to the United States, owing to my growing disillusionment with my own country. (Talking about a long-term goal, here.) Don't get me wrong, I love the place - Bristol is a fantastic city - it's just the people I don't get with.