Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

BSG nearly here!!!

Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
Its back this friday!! OMG can't wait!! :D

BSG is back baby! :p

Comments

• Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    I'm watching it by released R2 DVD -boxes, so quite a wait for me for S3... :p
  • YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!
  • Can't wait. I hope the writers know what they are doing.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    It was about time. Food and supplies are running out in the closet I crawled into once season 2 ended until the new season arrives :D Season 3 is going to be awesome. I can FEEL it:angryv:

I picked up the season 2.5 DVD's and finally got to see the elusive extended version of Pegasus. Overall I have to say it was pretty cool because it feeds you more background on Cain but in the end I think the way the shortened version was edited was still a far better and more dramatic presentation of the episode. It doesn't feed the viewer all the details and lets them figure it out for themselves. The shorter one also flows much better starting from the opening sequence. The extended one kind of spoils that intensity by veering off into some scenes not really even having much relation to the episode at all. The extended is nice to see once you've already seen the normal episode but I'm actually glad they stuck to the short version as the official.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Can you watch the aired version of the Pegasus episode on the dvd or do they just provide the extended version instead? Haven't picked the box set up yet.
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Excellent. :)

- PJH
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Can you watch the aired version of the Pegasus episode on the dvd or do they just provide the extended version instead? Haven't picked the box set up yet. [/B][/QUOTE]

Only the extended version is on the 2.5 set. You'll need to get the 2.0 set to see the standard short version.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    The UK S2 set has the extended version, too. Hum, I hope S3 will be .. um.. done with better quality recording for those of us across the pond.. Some of them were a joke.. (though I'm happy to get them regardless)
    Its hardly surprising. R1 gets the nice stuff, R2 gets the crap. Pisses me off. Remember when they released Band of Brothers R1, came with a DTS audio track. Superb I thought. Then they announced the R2 release with no DTS :mad: Its quite frustrating how poor the audio can be for some tv show releases.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    The one DVD that pissed me off to no end is the B5 movie set. I mean, the R2 one, I know that two of movies have single releases - but still!
    Yeah that was typical. I got the R1 version so avoided that rip off. They did the same for Lost and Prision Break here as well, stupid season 2 part releases. They must think people in the UK are thick or something. But then they must sell other wise they wouldn't bother releasing em. Suppose if some are willing to bank roll HMV and Virgin by paying full price for cds and dvds then there will always be a market for rip off dvd releases.