Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

South Park goes... World Of Warcraft

Holy crap! Even though I'm in the minority and 've never touched the game, this is still a must-see episode. :)

Very short teaser:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeiZA-uXoGI[/url]

or alternatively for an HQ version:

[url]http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/SPinWoW.avi[/url]

Comments

• FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I wonder if it will be as funny as the LOTR episode? [i]My precioussss...[/i]

Jake
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Thats going to be totaly awesome dude! :D

I think it should be funny, any piss take/parody South Park has ever done has always been hilarious. That manga cartoon piss take they did a while ago was pure class. I'm sure they will do some serious ganking. Whats the bet Cartman spends the whole episode bitching because he hasn't got any OMFG NO EPIX WAAA WAAA! ;)
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Bwaaahaaaaa! I'm sooo watching this!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Thats going to be totaly awesome dude! :D[/B][/QUOTE]

LETS DO THIS!!! KENNNNNYYYYYYY MCCORMIIIIIIIICCCKKKK!!!! :D

(Although that would be muffled, obviously...) ;)

But he question is, will Channel 4 ever air the episode over here? I think they stopped scheduling South Park in a slot which people actually *knew* about three-four years ago around series 5. In the words of Ted Turner, this really burns my ass, I'm a huge South Park fan - have been since it first reached Blighty when I was 13.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Hee.. No idea if C4 still show it. I catch the odd episode some weekends on MTV (have NTL base tv pack), some are recentish but I haven't seen any brand new ones for a while. The recentish ones still seem good to me, given the type of show it is its hard not to find material to take the mick out of especially these days. Last one I saw was the Walmart episode which was hilarious.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    What's really wonderful about South Park is how the writing has adapted to keep pace with the audience. As we've grown up, it has grown with us. It started off silly and immature, fart jokes, gay jokes, etc. Stupid shit. But these days, it's one of the more intelligent comedies out there (though it really doesn't show it at first glance)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]But these days, it's one of the more intelligent comedies out there (though it really doesn't show it at first glance) [/B][/QUOTE]

Absolutely - it's the satirical aspect of South Park I love the most, and watching them all over again (rather naughtily through a website which has all of the episodes in flash format) has reminded me how cutting the show can be.

Falcon: I caught the odd repeat mate, but nothing advertised or regular. A recent fave of mine was "Sexual Harrassment Panda", the theme alone had me in stitches every time it was played. ;)
  • Don't know if anyone said this but welcome back Morden!
  • Gosh, thanks mate, I honestly didn't think I was that big a name around here to be missed!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    You are, but we tend to ignore that youre away, since your busy with your toys..
  • On that note, I've yet to tell you about what happened at this year's Fireball National [Airsoft] Game. Watch this space. ;)
    Just finished watching. That was an instant classic!
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Now i just gotta download it!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    That was a TERRIBLE, terrible show.

I loved every minute of it :p
  • going to watch it tonight at 10 EST.
    Saw it last night, it was hilarious.

[i]It could be the end of the world[size=1]...of Warcraft[/size][/i]

Jake
  • I wasn't terribly impressed, but I've never been a South Park fan. I will say that Matt and Trey either did their homework or are huge nerds. :p
  • It was hillarious.

Mom bathroom!!!......now theres a big boy.....hahahah

The look on my wifes face was priceless.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]I wasn't terribly impressed, but I've never been a South Park fan. I will say that Matt and Trey either did their homework or are huge nerds. :p [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm afraid.... Matt and Trey, they have no life...
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    How do you kill that which has no life?!

Anyway, it was ok. Overall unimpressed with the episode. Impressed with the amount of research done..
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Havent laughed this well while watching South Park for a while.. :P

Really well done.. I loved the scenes in WoW.. and made me want to play it again.

And I totally agree with their portrayal of PK's. :D
    Are there other episodes this good?
    Not all of them, but some of the "topical" eps are pretty good. If you can pick up the LOTR episode, its pretty good.

I also like the mecha-Streisand ep.

And of course the movie could be considered one of the best examples of American musical theater to date...

Jake
    I've seen the LotR one.. the Streisand one.. the movie and the anime one..