Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Serenity/Firefly

MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
Well, Ive finally finished it. It was some well spent hours is what it was..

The characters are deep and well rounded, great conversations and genuine feeling. Its really a pity that the show didnt continue, but serenity does help out, and rounds off the show in a nice way. Id advice seeing Firefly before seeing the movie, for the one or two on this board that hasnt already..

Oh, and I had sex today.. :D

Comments

• FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Yeah, I don't know what leaves me with more of an empty feeling, a good show that runs it's course then ends with intent, or a good show that ends abrubtly.

And while I thought the movie was good, I really liked the show better, maybe it was the greater use of the fiddle and banjo during cutscenes on TV...that and the fact they Spoiler: KILLED WALSH in the movie.

Jake
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yeah, but Spoiler: the killing of walsh was, although unnessecary from a dramatic point of view, really something that makes the show stand out from the rest of the series, noone kills off major characters, its like in fantasy books. A song of Ice and Fire is a book series in which the writer does it, and you cant be sure who is going to survive. Unlike, for example Wheel of Time, where averyone comes back, to the point where baddies are revived..

There also seems like a huge gap between the series and the movie, considering the characters personalities, but I guess thats to be expected if they are to fit into the storyline of the movie..
  • I confess some curiousity was it the ex?
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    Consider that it was pretty much hinted at since "Heart of Gold".
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]I confess some curiousity was it the ex? [/B][/QUOTE]

Hah, I knew it! :p

No, but I met her a week ago, and finally managed to not have even an ounce of longing for her. Sure, I do still love her, but Im not attracted to her. Kinda like a sister I guess.

No, its a friend of a friend so to speak. Cutest woman Ive met in a long time.

I can finally feel again.. :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Freejack [/i]
    [B]...that and the fact they Spoiler: KILLED WALSH in the movie.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yea, I had a hard time enjoying the rest of the movie after that. I was actually angry about it. I had to watch it again the next day to finally really determine if i liked it or not, and i still loved it.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    The movie is different enough from the show that, while enjoyable, it isn't as immersive. When I watched the show, I felt like I had lived on Serenity with those people for a few months, like I knew them. The movie somehow fictionalized them, made them less personal. Recently, I've taken to watching a singularly well done fan-made Firefly music video in order to fall back in love with the show after seeing the movie. It heals the wounds.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akrovah [/i]
    [B]Yea, I had a hard time enjoying the rest of the movie after that. I was actually angry about it. I had to watch it again the next day to finally really determine if i liked it or not, and i still loved it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Somewhere I need to find the 5-minute handpuppet theater on Serenity, it pretty much summed up my reaction to that "scene"(for the spoiler impaired).

[url]http://www.jerrythefrogproductions.com/Serenity.html[/url] <--Ah here it is (WARNING, this is actually just one big long spoiler)

Jake
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akrovah [/i]
    [B]Yea, I had a hard time enjoying the rest of the movie after that. I was actually angry about it. I had to watch it again the next day to finally really determine if i liked it or not, and i still loved it. [/B][/QUOTE]
    I was totally surprised, I feel sad everytime Ill watch it. But all in it was good movie (and the serie too!)