Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Trying to remember an old computer game

Recently, I've been reminded of this game, and its been floating around the back of my head for a while now. Lest I get a "If it weren't for that horse..."-style brain aneurysm, I decided I'd see if anyone here remembered it.

Back in 1996 or so, I played a demo for a game that involved wandering around a deserted planetarium. The one thing that stuck in my mind was a sort of minigame that demostrated the gravity of different celestial bodies by showing how far a ball would fly in a baseball game. The reason this struck in my mind was because one of the options was for a black hole (or maybe neutron star) where, after hitting the "on" button, the pitcher, the hitter, and the stands, rather than throwing and hitting the ball, would simply flatten against the ground, crushed by the immense gravity. I found this funny and unexpected at the time.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Sounds like an educational program I had on my 286 that was all about space stuff. It had things like demonstrating what would happen to eggs dropped on different planets (the Sun's one was funny: as soon as you hit "go" the egg was a small lump at the bottom of the screen). It also had a cool orbital mechanics simulator. I was pretty good at matching orbits with satellites in my shuttle after a while.

Not the same thing, however.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [URL=http://www.vintage-sierra.com/puzzle/castlebrain.html]This one[/URL] was, apart from being Sierra, very good.

I dont remember if that was in it though, I dont think it was the same..
  • speaking of old games ever play Spaceship Warlock?

it was an rpg-adventure type game think it only came out on the mac. I only played it once or twice at the ronald mcdonald house that my bro was staying at.

interesting little game and I thought it was pretty advanced at the time. You had to dial numbers to book a spaceflight and when you get on the ship you have to chat with random people and i realized that it took a keyword to move on to the next segment. So I checked the bin folder or whatever it was and tried one of the words specified hehe and wala! Got seriously mauled by the raiders or whatever the hell they were thats as far as I got.

Good game though!
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Spaceship Warlock did come in a PC version, I have it around here somewhere.

Odd thing about the game, or at least the PC vesion, was that it played directly off the CD.

Jake
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The LucasArts adventure games do that, too. They just just the hard drive to store a config file.