Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

TLT now in locked cut mode!!!

Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
More news from JMS, man they've moved fast on this.

[I]I turned in the director's/producer's cut last Friday, the studio
viewed it yesterday, loved what they saw, and now we've locked the cut.
Friday I have a music spotting session with Chris Franke, and up
north, Atmosphere is churning out CGI as fast as they can. (We're not
going for the shakey-cam look that BSG has made something of its house
style in order to not poach, out of courtesy. Our production offices
at the Vancouver Film Studios were right next door to the BSG offices,
incidentally. And just two stages down they were shooting the Fanastic
Four sequel.)[/I]

Woohoo!! :)

There are more updates on his other projects as well:

[url]http://www.jmsnews.net/msg.aspx?id=1-17627[/url]

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Post it on the frontpage. :)
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Done! Yay my first ever news post to the frontpage :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    sweetness!!!!!!:D
  • No shakey camera Joe is a saint I'll tell ya. The first thing that turned me off to Kingdom of Heaven was the shakey camera bs you can't even tell what goes on. More power to ya Joe!
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I loved it in Firefly though. It largly depends on what is going on.

Anyone have any info on the CGI house?
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    [url]http://www.imdb.com/company/co0140264/[/url]

I think B5's new look is in safe hands, given their previous experience.

Firefly's style was good, the camera moved and panned but then tracked the scene/object. I found with BSG esp in the first season the camera jerked around to much and I kept saying to myself "damit keep still I wanna see the vipers". Kinda got used to it now.

Oh and the website for Atmosphere: [url]http://www.atmosphere-vfx.com/[/url]
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    *Breathes out* Ahhhhhh..
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    seems really fast to have a picture lock. hope they weren't rushed.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Well, it's been going a while now, and they were only making an hour or so of stuff.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    Still though, they finished shooting on what the 21st? and were done cutting by the 8th? Possible - just hope they weren't rushed.
  • Mr_BesterMr_Bester Earthforce Officer St Louis MO
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Trader [/i]
    [B]Still though, they finished shooting on what the 21st? and were done cutting by the 8th? Possible - just hope they weren't rushed. [/B][/QUOTE]

They were shooting all digital, so they could easily have been doing the main editing while shooting.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    This sounds good :)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr_Bester [/i]
    [B]They were shooting all digital, so they could easily have been doing the main editing while shooting. [/B][/QUOTE]

Also, JMS is director AND producer, so there's no need for doing a director's cut first, and then the producer's cut...
  • RigsRigs Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE]We're not going for the shakey-cam look that BSG has made something of its house style in order to not poach, out of courtesy.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I was just thinking today actually that the BSG shaky-cam look (I think) was ripped straight from Space: Above and Beyond. Whenever I watched BSG, I kept saying to myself, 'I've seen this somewhere before'. Then I was downloading some ships to mod into X3 and came upon some S:AaB ships and it hit me, 'Oh, yeah, duh!"...

[QUOTE]And just two stages down they were shooting the Fanastic Four sequel[/QUOTE]

Oh, frackin' A, another one?

Sorry for those of you who are in comic bliss with all these movie conversions, but when will it stop? I think of out of the ones so far, FF was the worst...well, ok, yeah Catwoman was pretty horrid but you get my drift...

Off to play the B5 GalCiv2 mod some more,
    =-Rigs-=
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rigs [/i]
    [B]Sorry for those of you who are in comic bliss with all these movie conversions, but when will it stop? I think of out of the ones so far, FF was the worst...well, ok, yeah Catwoman was pretty horrid but you get my drift...[/B][/QUOTE]

i liked it.....mainly to see jessica alba in spandex :D
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I've heard that, at the very least, the script is better than the first one.