Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

An idea so insane that it just might work...

OmegaPaladinOmegaPaladin Earthforce Officer
The game was stymied for one main reason - denial of IP rights. What if they were ignored, in a fashion that allowed those who were angered by Sierra a chance to strike back?

What I am speaking of is theft.

That's right, stealing the code by hacking or by physical removal/on-site duplication.

Assuming it was not deleted (you canot own something that no longer exists), the underground project could be revamped and used as a opensource engine.

At the very least, the film clips could be distributed through back channels.

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    How do you plan to get said code/film?
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Re: An idea so insane that it just might work...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OmegaPaladin [/i]
    [B]
    That's right, stealing the code by hacking or by physical removal/on-site duplication.
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    Didn't you reed? Although, I hope OmegaPaladin knows how to hack or being a thief.
  • Re: Re: An idea so insane that it just might work...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]Didn't you reed? Although, I OmegaPaladin knows how to hack or being a thief. [/B][/QUOTE]

I usually try not to insult people who can't type good English because I'm frickin' American and I can't either, but whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

[SIZE=1][Edit]lol, I thought Simmonds said that[/Edit][/SIZE]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Re: Re: An idea so insane that it just might work...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]Didn't you reed? Although, I OmegaPaladin knows how to hack or being a thief. [/B][/QUOTE]

I was looking for something a tad more detailed than just "by hacking or by physical removal/on-site duplication", given that noone knows where it may be.
  • OmegaPaladinOmegaPaladin Earthforce Officer
    Re: Re: Re: An idea so insane that it just might work...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]I was looking for something a tad more detailed than just "by hacking or by physical removal/on-site duplication", given that noone knows where it may be. [/B][/QUOTE]

Needless to say, it would take a lot of planning to pull off.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Read sig.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    I have no experiance but sure, sounds great to me. But, the question remains- does it even exist any more? And if it does- where is it? And if we can find out where it is, how do we get it?
  • OmegaPaladinOmegaPaladin Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rhett [/i]
    [B]I have no experiance but sure, sounds great to me. But, the question remains- does it even exist any more? And if it does- where is it? And if we can find out where it is, how do we get it? [/B][/QUOTE]

How can you claim ownership of something that does not exist?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Copyrights.

I could copyright something and destroy it. If anyone else comes along and makes a duplicate, I still own the copyright. Plus, I doubt it's destroyed. JUst lost.
    Re: Re: Re: An idea so insane that it just might work...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]I usually try not to insult people who can't type good English because I'm frickin' American and I can't either, but whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

[SIZE=1][Edit]lol, I thought Simmonds said that[/Edit][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
    OK! so a litle hope was left out. Edited now!
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    dudes.... ITF is dead...

leave it in its grave ok... its been dug up enough...and its getting rather decomposed and stinky...

unless something truly nutty.. like...

Babylon 5 : The Next Generation

comes to pass, we wont see a legit published B5 game.

Our best hope perhaps is getting right behind the IFH guys, from the looks of thier work, its the best thing us Starfury deprived souls will get.
    Yes, I know ITF is dead! But some times we need to be reminded why we all are here.
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    hacking wouldnt work, the stuff we need is isolated off line, and frankly none of us like the idea of jail sentances for just breaking and entering..

sides we havent all gotten togeather, got stinking drunk, and then road tripped to where the materials are stored to stage a break in ;)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    WE need to do that sometime...