Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Joe Davis, you have been... terminated

2»

Comments

• ok, maybe its just because I don't live in CA...

but it sounds like many here are going/wanting Arnold in, with no idea/care about his political plan...

thats just wrong...
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    Actually, I've read about the stuff he's done at a local/inderectly national level, along with his own political views (while Republican, it's to the point where he gets open support from Lib-dem celebs), and I'd daresay that he's actually serious about the job.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bobo [/i]
    [B]rhett, thanks for the clarifications.
    Sounds like California's political system [b]is[/b] designed for this type of situation, so I withdraw my earlier statements and say kick the bum out (if that's what the simple majority decides ;)) [/B][/QUOTE]

I believe that is the first time I have ever convinced someone to change their mind here... of course, that could be due to the usually insane topics (i.e. gun control).

As to Arnold just getting in because of his name, for alot of people that will be true. But you know what I think is the greatest thing about him? He really has a desire to help california. Its not based off of getting money or fame (both of which he has plenty of), but rather of helping put the people back in charge. And he does have good positions on issues. Another big draw, is that he is a major supporter of education. So, yes, I believe he is qualified (although not in the traditional sense). That would be why I would vote for him (if I were old enough).
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I miss our old Govoner. Instead of wearing a suit he would wear blue jeans and cowboy boots.
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rhett [/i]
    [B]I believe that is the first time I have ever convinced someone to change their mind here...[/B][/QUOTE]
    Well, I [i]AM[/i] just a monkey. ;)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i][B]I think instead of Hollywood getting a clue, the government should allow Hollywood to take over, with Steven Spielburg as our Emperor... [/B][/QUOTE]

Instead of Spielburg, it should be Lucas... Then we will finally have our flying cars...

:)
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    I met him once when i was young, 8 say at planet hollywood when it first showed up. Horribly expensive place & not very many famous types showed up after the first year. My mom pushed me through the mob. & finally encountered the man he looked like a giant back then heh. He saw me the little guy I was & said "Hi little guy" in his thick Austrian accent. The only thing that was going in my head was "Why were you naked in terminator 2?". He got down to my ear & whispered "women love my ass". :D
  • OmegaPaladinOmegaPaladin Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rhett [/i]
    [B]I believe that is the first time I have ever convinced someone to change their mind here... of course, that could be due to the usually insane topics (i.e. gun control).

As to Arnold just getting in because of his name, for alot of people that will be true. But you know what I think is the greatest thing about him? He really has a desire to help california. Its not based off of getting money or fame (both of which he has plenty of), but rather of helping put the people back in charge. And he does have good positions on issues. Another big draw, is that he is a major supporter of education. So, yes, I believe he is qualified (although not in the traditional sense). That would be why I would vote for him (if I were old enough). [/B][/QUOTE]

He also has extensive business experience - always a plus in financial matters. His moderate stance will give him an edge.
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Instead of Spielburg, it should be Lucas... Then we will finally have our flying cars...

:) [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah.. we need more people to [url=http://www.viewaskew.com/tv/leno/flyingcar.wmv]throw their hats over the wall.[/url]
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]I think instead of Hollywood getting a clue, the government should allow Hollywood to take over, with Steven Spielburg as our Emperor. Then again, I also think Oolong is the funniest thing ever. [/B][/QUOTE]

hehehe Oolong! w00t! cute bunny!

sorry, its early and I havent had my morning coffee, Ill go stand in the corner.
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]I miss our old Govoner. Instead of wearing a suit he would wear blue jeans and cowboy boots. [/B][/QUOTE]

he was also incompetent and spent too much money, he started our problems here.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    why do you callies give a damn... once Osama plants a nuke in the San Andreas fault, you'll all be on you own little island states...

frightening thought hey...

in other words guys... there are bigger things to worry about than Arnie for Governor
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadow boxer [/i]
    [B]why do you callies give a damn... once Osama plants a nuke in the San Andreas fault, you'll all be on you own little island states...

frightening thought hey...

in other words guys... there are bigger things to worry about than Arnie for Governor [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok... Thats an interesting thing. Actually for those of us that live in CA, this is a big deal. And if Osama did get a nuke, I dont think he would waste it on the San Adreas fault. All he has to do is wait for that to happen, eventually we will be our own island, lol.

EDIT: and considering we are the most populous state, have the 5th largest economy in the world, and have the most electoral votes in the US, what happens here matters. Big time.