Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

See ya in a week!

MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
Well Im off to Gotland (and island east of main Sweden) tomorrow to go to the biggest medieval fair in Sweden. Ill sell a little of my smithing, and generally dress up as a viking (pictures might come). Ill be back the 10th prolly, so have a great time til then :)

Comments

• C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Have fun!!! And you must post pics when you're back.
    Hope you read this befor you left or reads this when you're back!
  • Re: See ya in a week!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Ill sell a little of my smithing, and generally dress up as a viking (pictures might come). Ill be back the 10th prolly, so have a great time til then :) [/B][/QUOTE]

You're a Smithy? Bloody fantastic! (It's a skill I really admire.)

One of my mate's brothers in into Live Action Role-Play (LARP) with all of the genuine plate/mail armour and all of the period weaponry, do you do something simillar?

Regards,
    Morden
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    Have a good time Messiah :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    thanks all :)

actually, Im currently under tutelage to this person:[URL=http://armour.myip.org]scorpio armour[/URL], but Im better at blacksmithing, and hopefully I will continue my education [URL=http://www.saterglantan.se]here[/URL] this next year.

Pictures will be up later. See ya :)
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Have a nice trip, Matt--I mean, Messiah ;)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Pictures will be up later. See ya :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Cool, look foward to seeing them! :)

(I might do the same thing for Airsoft when I go to the Fireball National Game on the 22nd.)

Regards,
    Morden
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    You're into Airsoft Morden279? I was once into it, but I didn't have the time so I stoped. Altough, as soon as I get more time and money I'll probably start airsofting again.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]You're into Airsoft Morden279? I was once into it, but I didn't have the time so I stoped. Altough, as soon as I get more time and money I'll probably start airsofting again. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I started as soon as I left school. Looked for a local team on the net, got in contact with a couple guys living near me who were interested and it's been my main hobby since then. :)

Yeah, money's a problem with Airsoft, especially over here in the UK with our exchange rates. However, I get by, and am looking by some Delta Force kit pretty soon. (A-la Blackhawk down.) :cool:

If you get the money, it's a fantastic sport and well worth it. The number of new friends I've made over the last couple of years has really meant a lot to me.

Regards,
    Morden
    Im back! It turned out to be a good ten days. Sold dome stuff. Partied to medieval music, got drunk and generally made a fool out of myself. Pictures going up in a couple of days.
  • Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is Airsoft?
  • OmegaPaladinOmegaPaladin Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is Airsoft? [/B][/QUOTE]

Metal replicas of real guns that fire plastic BBs.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [B]Im back! It turned out to be a good ten days. Sold dome stuff. Partied to medieval music, got drunk and generally made a fool out of myself. Pictures going up in a couple of days. [/B][/QUOTE]

Suddenly I'm reminded of a certain Weird Al song...

"But if I finish all of my chores and you finish thine
    Then tonight we're gonna party like it's 1699"
    Yeah, we joked about that. Felt a bit amish at times. I must say that Im intrigued by their way of living, though not their religious beliefs. Many of my friends are interested in setting up an economically and ecologically independent society (a couple of farms or so). I will have to get goats and cows and chicken and stuff, but perhaps when I get 30 something... :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is Airsoft? [/B][/QUOTE]

Check out our team website, jusk click on my signature pic, and it'll take you right there. :)

Welcome back Messiah, good to know you enjoyed yourself. :) (Plentiful flagons of mead, I trust?) ;)

Regards,
    Morden
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [B]Yeah, we joked about that. Felt a bit amish at times. I must say that Im intrigued by their way of living, though not their religious beliefs. Many of my friends are interested in setting up an economically and ecologically independent society (a couple of farms or so). I will have to get goats and cows and chicken and stuff, but perhaps when I get 30 something... :) [/B][/QUOTE]

The way of life intrigues me too. I think it would be nice to live a simple life like that, at least for a while. I'm not sure I would last long knowing that technology was available, though.
    I wouldnt mind some kind of internet access too. Ill have to look into that. Electricity isnt a problem though.
  • OmegaPaladinOmegaPaladin Earthforce Officer
    I couldn't live without technology. I could live without [b]advanced[/b] technology, such as PC, but my way of life requires some technology.
    [URL=http://www.armour.myip.org/events/030801_10mtv/]Pictures as promised.[/URL] Im only on one of them. A prize to the one who can spot me!

More to come :)
    [URL=http://medlem.spray.se/screamager81/page_01.htm]More pictures![/URL]

This is me BTW, in full viking outfit:
    [IMG]http://medlem.spray.se/screamager81/Magnus%20posar.JPG[/IMG]