Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Another suggestion

MatthewMatthew Earthforce Officer
I haven't alot of time so I'm going to throw it out there and post some more later. I was wondering why hasn't some suggested doing one of those Massive Multi-player online worlds for B5.
But instead of people roaming around a continent how about a ship being your avatar kinda like Earth above and beyond I believe the name is. The irony is B5 is quite suited to such a game because a hyperspace capable ship needs to be a reasonable size so that takes care of variety.
The only provisor is that no one execpt possibly the makers gets to become a firstone. It provides a interesting way of dealing with cheats.
Also I like to have to economy systems. One purely as money market and another as a form of favour or standing within a military organisation.
I post more later.

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    That would definatly be cool, but i dont see it happening :(
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'd pay to play that.

One thing that makes the B5 universe ideally suited to this sort of game is the fact that it already has economic principles similar to real world ones.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE]I'd pay to play that.[/QUOTE]

As would i!
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    Alas no company now seems to want to make B5 games:(
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    A good model for this idea might be PSO(Phantasy Star Online) basically the same concept. Your on one of many ships & you go to down to one of various planets. Of course the main hang out would be B5 itself but I would defineatly consider going on a Omega as my home base. Or you could be a sort of wanderer like Franklin was going from ship to ship trading, sort of mercenary like? It would be interesting & id probably pay up to & maybe in excess of $20 a month to play it. (Honestly)
  • the freelancer mod will be as close as possible I think...
    what I'm hoping for it that you can start in a fighter, and progress to a capship.... :)
  • there is a game out there like that but not based on B5 :((crys...

[URL=http://www.eve-online.com]EVE[/URL]
  • MatthewMatthew Earthforce Officer
    I was thinking your avatar is the ship not someone who is aboard it though a mercenary/pirate fleet does open some interesting options. The other thing I would suggest is that B5 be everyones unversial gathering point where I new person could start or trade or simply converse.
    The other thing I like to suggest is that servers for each county represent a sector of space so: a) it gives everyone for that country a natural meeting place and b) if some group wants to dominate that area there have the tryanny of distance to deal with like in real life.
    I'm rather surprised that no one would be willing to take up the cause I thought online games were absolute cash cows plus in B5 case we have a established franchise which usually garantees a market.
    With regards to fighters I think you should be based on small/medium carriers which launches fighters. Firstly it makes you hyperspace capable, secondly if you fighter is destroyed (remember no shields) the game should dump you back to the next fighter in the wing (might require some form of basic AI to run those extra wingmen) or if there are no more back to your carrier to do a runner.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Sounds great to me, but as others have mentioned- to developers B5 is a dead weight... :( :(
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    what the... a graphical sig??!?!?!!!!!11!!!1!!!!