Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Homeworld 2 B5 Mod?

Just wondering if anyone had any news or anything about a mod project for homeworld 2 to B5..

I'm already a member of the Relic Developer's Network, and I had a pretty good handle on Homeworld 1 ship editing.. I don't have the resources to model, but I'd probably be able to figure out how to build the ship parameter files and do some mission work (as long as their scripting language isn't too insane)...

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    :-)
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    Well, considering there was about 6 different B5-based mods for the first game, there's no doubt there's going to be at least ONE for the second :p
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    sign me up for textures...:)

wish I could model but I havent got the machine, nor l33t skillz to do so
  • Yeah, but did any of the hw 1 projects ever really get completed? That game was just such a pain to really mod anyway... But this one is supposed to be mod friendly..
    I'd help too, but i don't really have the texturing or moddling skills
  • Me either, i'm good at mission scripting and building the ship parameter files however..

Well, if we get a movement going, i can always register the mod with the RDN and get better access to the developer's themselves after a certain point..

But we will need models from somewhere
  • i might be able to help out in that department if my buda 5 duties allow...
    I guess when all is said and done a model is a model... we could perhaps do some borrowing... especially for the well documented and used ships... perhaps only the supercapitals would be the problem... like the VPK etc. I can see no point in utilising the HW2 engine if we dont make use of the 'Death Star" scale stuff, which to me seems to be perhaps THE coolest new feature in HW2
  • eh? do splain, i have not read this anywhere...
    you mean a REAL 5 mile long space station to scale?! Hehe

Also its important to see if rotation sections are possible....
  • babylon 5 IS REALLY 5 miles long in buda5. everything's to scale.. that's nothing new... i was just wondering what's this about death star sized things in HW 2?
    well from what Ive seen... you can build what looks like the Hiigaran version of the Super Star Destroyer, super extra mega big bastards that dwarf the original mothership.

perhaps thats just me, I dunno, anyways a 'fixed' space station and a ship that moves are two different things..:)
  • Hmmm did u see that in a screenie somewhere? could u link me?
    'son the relic/HM2 homepage somewhere... like I said... it may be just me... but it looked like there were some absofreakin huge ships there somewhere
  • i read the new heavy cruisers can build everything up to and including frigates :) which may mean they're... LARGE...