Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Buda 5 InGame OFFICIAL THREAD

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Striker's said it all.

The sudden release unleashed the massive, albiet silent following of Buda5 upon the server.

Being in it's current handicapped state, it just couldn't handle the load. So, we had a torrent tracker set up and released a .torrent in place of the normal files.
  • DefiantDefiant <a href="http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=19981111">root</a>
    With all due respect, Cmdr Dre, so does everyone else. I don't know if it's occurred to you, but there are hundreds of other people on broadband trying to get that file from this single point. A large and popular file will quickly overwhelm any connection. There's a finite amount of bandwidth at the server end--it's a zero-sum game.

The Torrent solution I've implemented today will allow greatly increased download speed, with aggregate bandwidth actually increasing as the file becomes more popular. The real benefits, however, won't be realized until a few people complete their downloads. Had I been notified of another impending release, I could have had the system up and ready, with primary download sites already designated. As it stands right now, everyone is still trying to pull data from this server. [i]Someone else[/i] is also going to have to take the reins and contribute upstream bandwidth. Please, everyone, do the community a favor and leave the window open once the download completes.
  • DefiantDefiant <a href="http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=19981111">root</a>
    The first waves have now completed downloading. There's ample bandwidth for anyone interested.
  • [b]NEWS UPDATE: Look to the top of this thread.[/b]

Important information on how to download Buda 5 InGame.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defiant [/i]
    [B]The Torrent solution I've implemented today will allow greatly increased download speed, with aggregate bandwidth actually increasing as the file becomes more popular.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Thx for the fast help.
  • Well after 7hrs and 45 mins... I have it.........

Sincerely, Cmdr Dre
  • hey, at least it didn't take over a day :) 8 hours isn't bad for a 204Mb file.
  • Well I have it, installed it. Damn good....... Thanks Alpha-1 for your help with a better download, still took some time but in the end from what I've seen so far, it was well worth it!! :) If I been a pain sorry... I was just impatient...(should have been more patient.... :( ) like Defiant said, alot of us has broadband, and a lot of us wanted this update., well I'm going to play some missions now also I will tell some friend of mine about your update, one friend was really excited about it but another site that I hangout at I will informed them. Later.....

Sincerely, Cmdr Dre
  • [b]NEWS UPDATE: Look to the top of this thread.[/b]

Threads regaurding InGame merged.
  • Warlord IIWarlord II Earthforce Officer
    I have used bittorrent for quite some time in other places and it works so that you upload at the same time you are downloading as you probably have figured out. It probably will download slow sometimes but it gets faster when there is more people uploading the file. And remember that if no one is seeding (uploading) complete file no one is getting it ready. If Radiusco's server is only one uploading the complete file to couple hundred people then it will be slow because bandwith gets splitted among people.
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    i have mirrored the file with overnet

see [url]www.firstones.com[/url] for the link
  • there seem to be some problems with the link on the main site....
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]there seem to be some problems with the link on the main site.... [/B][/QUOTE]
    you need edonkey or overnet for it

[url]www.edonkey2000.com[/url] [url]www.overnet.com[/url]

theser are file-sharing clients ;)
  • ok, that would explain the |'s in the link ;)

EDIT: u have to pay for these?!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]ok, that would explain the |'s in the link ;)

EDIT: u have to pay for these?! [/B][/QUOTE]
    no
    btw [url]www.edonkey2000.com[/url] is the right link for edonkey. sorry
  • InGame Installation Note

If you have the European Version of I-War 2 or if you're using another installation path than the default for the game:

After the installation of the InGame Package, copy the installed files in your I-War2 folder and overwrite all existing files.
  • hmmm... what's the eurpean path? i'll post it on the downloads page...
  • Is anyone really interested in the 50Mb installment versions? seeing as the new downloading software is being used to download ingame? if no one's interested, i'm not gonna post them.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]hmmm... what's the eurpean path? i'll post it on the downloads page... [/B][/QUOTE]
    European: Edge of Chaos - Independence War 2
    American: Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos
  • weird... u'd think they'd just make it the same...
  • Thanks Guys.... [B]Babylon5[/B] has always been my favorite Si-Fi Show (hell, even beating out Star Trek series...which I thought would never happen!! I am talking about since 1966 when I was a young guy... man, I am showing my age... :D) anyway, I just downloaded [B] Indie's [/B] clustertest... hell I've been playing that one about (5) times...and going to play it again!! [B] Buda5 [/B] y'all rule!!!

Sincerely, Cmdr Dre
  • problems

I've had the bit torrent program for quite a while so I know my way around and yet the download is still searching for peers after 28 mins I checked the tracker it says there are 6 leechers and 1 seeder I suppose that's you guys got any ideas on what's up with it?
  • the download seems fine to me. The major swoop of downloads is over, so there aren't gonna be many seeders other than the firstones.com sever, but it still works fine for me.

If you're still having problems, post again... or try one of the mirror options.
  • Nope it's fine now

I'm gonna leave the bit torrent open for a while now if anyone else wants a copy
  • B5JunkyB5Junky A Sanfamitek Systems product
    Is it spelled
    Sheriden or Sheridan?

Sorry about this not being related to ingame
  • KinkyJKinkyJ Earthforce Officer
    I have bittorrent open now too if anyone wants it
  • John Sheridan
  • Thanks for the conversion. However I'm a bit confused about the nebula, where Babylon 5 is located (Lucrecia's base). Should there be a nebula? I looked at the Buda 5 InGame screen shots at the dedicated web page and noticed there was no nebula to be seen. A good example is the picture named ingame_21.jpg.

So have I messed something up or is the nebula hard coded into the game and cannot be removed? I'm sure I followed the installation instructions to the letter.

Hairy
  • KinkyJKinkyJ Earthforce Officer
    Have you played the campaign to completion before?
  • No I haven't. So I guess this has something to do with it? Ok. Thanks.

Hairy