Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Farscape Saved!

Congratulations Scapers - You did it!

Savefarscape.com is now free to confirm that the rumors swirling have their basis in fact. Farscape, cancelled last year by the SCI FI Channel, will return as a 4 hour mini-series. Sources report that filming will begin in December and the series is expected to air next year. Ben Browder and Claudia Black will reprise their roles as Commander John Crichton and Officer Aeryn Sun.
A Jim Henson Company production, Farscape was aired for four seasons on the SCI FI Channel before being cancelled in September 2002 with the fourth season finale and last new episode airing at the end of March 2003.

The fans reacted immediately to news of the cancellation and began one of the most impressive fan campaigns in television history. Through a strength of spirit and ideals of community and family, the fans of Farscape have created something fabulous and achieved something that should have been impossible.

Take a bow Scapers, you did it. You saved Farscape and don't let anybody tell you differently. This is all yours. You kept the hope alive, you kept Farscape alive, until the people behind Farscape could get back to work on telling us the rest of the tale again.

Your job isn't done yet, though. Take a while to enjoy this victory and then let's get back at it. Let's get more eyes for Farscape. Let's get more viewers. Let's put Farscape in the hands of every person we can reach and then, when the series airs it will be such an event that not even the most optimistic of us could have anticipated the response.

This is only the beginning. Farscape will continue because of you and the future of the franchise is in your hands.

Thank you all. For your time, your ideas, your letters, your hope, your joy, your dogged determination, and your unwavering support.

Congratulations. Back to work. -- Red

[url]http://www.watchfarscape.com/news/article.php?newsid=463[/url]
:)

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Sweetness!
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    i love how O'Brannon said that he couldnt confim any of the rumors. But said he shouldn be at the con because he really should be writing hour three. :D
  • where'd you see that rogue?
  • Maybe there are some Vorlons who thought that this series would be worth saving. :shadow1:
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rcmodels [/i]
    [B]where'd you see that rogue? [/B][/QUOTE]

for some reason i cant remember the link, but i know for damn sure i read it so its true. :D
  • Check karlsweb.com, or more specifically, their convention coverage section.
  • For those still wondering about the accuracy of the report, there is this paragraph from the Image Creative Partnership website's "what's new" section.

[QUOTE]20/11/2003

Currently in production with us are, Russell - A movie about a Koala, that we are creating numerous animatronic puppets for. [B]A Farscape mini-series, as yet un-titled, featuring seemingly hundreds of characters created by us,[/B] and numerous other projects in development.
    2004 looks to be a very interesting one[/QUOTE]
    [url]http://www.imagecreative.net/[/url]

It definately looks like work on the mini-series is ongoing and official announcement from the Jim Henson Company is inevitable.:D