Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5 feature film?

samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
Saw this over at ISN News:

[quote]BABYLON 5 - ON BIG SCREEN: While we will all have to wait for word from JMS, I just could not ignore the articles coming out of the UK related to a BABYLON 5 feature film in the works. According to DarkHorizons.com, the 'big thing' JMS was hinting at the other week may in fact be a movie - a UK source indicates that Winchester Films is rumoured to be in talks with the show's creator about doing a movie which would be shot late next year. We will all patiently wait for word from JMS on this, but let's keep our fingers crossed -- or whatever you do to send along good vibrations, hopes and support.[/quote]

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Interesting... who are Winchester Films? Never heard of em...
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [url]http://www.winchesterfilms.com/[/url]

Of course, no detail... :D
  • AggamemnonAggamemnon Earthforce Officer
    hmm.... interesting....

I've heard rumors of this for a long time
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    cool :)
  • Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh PleaseOh Please
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aggamemnon [/i]
    [B]hmm.... interesting....

I've heard rumors of this for a long time [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, except JMS has stated Emphatically all along that he wouldnt even CONSIDER a big screeen B5 movie until after the new starwars trilogy is done, I can't imagine them starting production now, and keeping it in the can until late 2005 or early 2006.

Sounds like wild speculation to me. anyway, i'd rather have another 5 year series with the origional cast than a 2 hour movie, lol
  • Starwars will be done This Summer, right?

movies are not made overnight, soo...starwars done in 2004
    B5 in 2005
  • Drazi GuyDrazi Guy Elite Ranger
    With the quality of the two Star Wars movies so far, maybe he considers the third one all but done :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]Starwars will be done This Summer, right?

B5 in 2005 [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought the star wars movie wasnt going to be out till 2006?
    I've heard that no B5 movie until StarWars is done. If Ep 3 is out in the summer that leaves the route free for a B5 film in 2005.

Easy peasy
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I hope the trailers are good*. There were so many crappy trailers on B5. The first four seasons with that damned electric guitar riff at the end. The TNT promos were better, but they made up for the quality with that Rough Cut guy walking around the sets after every episode, trying to be witty.

The best promo, though, the one that kicked ass, was the one with James Earl Jones sounding voice, and was a promo for all five seasons. There were two versions, both on [url=]The Down Below Sound Archive[/url].

[url=http://b5.sdvc.uwyo.edu/bab5/snds/trails52.wav]Short Version[/url]

[url=http://b5.sdvc.uwyo.edu/bab5/snds/trails51.wav]Long Version[/url]

Best Promo of the series. Well, aside from the "Evil Empire" bit. But what's a bit of exaggeration between friends?

*I also hope the effects are, shall we say, recognizeable. But then, I've ranted on [i]that[/i] before, so I won't mention it now.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]I thought the star wars movie wasnt going to be out till 2006? [/B][/QUOTE]

WHAT?!? Why would there be a 3 year gap between movies?!
    that is a nice sounding promo
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    TENSION!
  • Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    With the quality of filmaking in the last two starwars movies, it wont take a whole lot of imagination to top those in a Babylon 5 movie... 2005 sounds like a good target date to me... however it will be like waiting for Christmas to come for 2 years :D
  • Now now... JMS asked that we try not to speculate... wouldn't it really suck to get everyone all worked up for some gigantic thing, like a movie, and then have it be only a tv movie or something... not that we wouldn't appreciate it, but you have to admit, you'd be dissapointed...

Then again... if we speculate something small and bad... and it turns out to be something huge and awesome (which it will of course)... then it'll feel better than it was...

I think I'm over analyzing now...

Damn final exams... making me think to much...

daaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Canuck [/i]
    [B]Now now... JMS asked that we try not to speculate... wouldn't it really suck to get everyone all worked up for some gigantic thing, like a movie, and then have it be only a tv movie or something... [/B][/QUOTE]

He's right! It could be a series of 'pogs' after all. :rolleyes:
    Okay. I'm expecting a TV movie. No, a TV special. Half-hour long. Minbar will be made out of popsicle sticks arranged, for no obvious reason, in the shape of the Centauri royal palace and painted the same shade of purple found on Centauri ships.

The movie will consist of a cardboard cutout of John Sheridan voiced by JMS saying over and over, "Damn you, Doyle. Goddamn you and your radio buddy." for ten minutes (thirty with commercial breaks). The into will be the Lost In Space credit sequence, with JMS humming the B5 theme over the original soundtrack.

There? Bad enough for you? :D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]WHAT?!? Why would there be a 3 year gap between movies?! [/B][/QUOTE]

That is the way Lucas is doing it. There was a 3 year gap between Ep1 and Ep2.
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    Episode 3 comes out in May 2005.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]Starwars will be done This Summer, right?

B5 in 2005 [/B][/QUOTE]

Except Episode 3 is a Summer 2005 movie, not 2004.

(didin't see striker's post till after i posted this)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    the rumor says production is to commence at the end of next year, so filming will probably be finished somewhen in february. If we assume that it'll get a 1 Year Post-Production treat like most other Scifi movies, then it'll come out in 2006, a year after Star Wars....
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]the rumor says production is to commence at the end of next year, so filming will probably be finished somewhen in february. If we assume that it'll get a 1 Year Post-Production treat like most other Scifi movies, then it'll come out in 2006, a year after Star Wars.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Which is fine, but #1) until its announced its still speculation

and #2) From what i remember, JMS said he wouldnt even think of STARTING a movie until ep 3 was done, out, released and in theatres.

i'm not going to get excited about a movie, a series, a musical or a new B5 lunchbox until JMS comes out and says what it is, we've been dissapointed too many times in the past by wild spectulation
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Yep, it's all still speculation ;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Entil'Zha [/i]
    [B][...] a musical[...][/B][/QUOTE] now [b][i]that's[/b][/i] a thought...
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    nonononono

Babylon 5 on Ice!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]Yep, it's all still speculation ;)
    now [b][i]that's[/b][/i] a thought... [/B][/QUOTE]

yes, a very very scary thought. lol
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]nonononono

Babylon 5 on Ice! [/B][/QUOTE]

I'd pay to see that. :D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]I'd pay to see that. :D [/B][/QUOTE]
    So would I, if it includes the Mutai match between Walker Smith and Gyor... :D

Sex (human style) with a Lumati ambassador would be very easy to perform on ice. And the Zarg dance... ;)
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]The best promo, though, the one that kicked ass, was the one with James Earl Jones sounding voice, and was a promo for all five seasons. There were two versions, both on [url=]The Down Below Sound Archive. [/B][/QUOTE]

That was Keith David doing the voiceover. I don't think he sounds anything like James Earl Jones, but that's probably because I know who he is. :)
    Well, yes, that's probably true. Thanks for the name, though. Now I know who's been doing all those UPS ads recently, as well (unless it was a third guy...). ;)