Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

JMS about new project

Mundane wrote :
[I]Posted 30/1 on our favourite newgroup:

It's taken longer than hoped for to be able to talk about this, because it's
taken longer than hoped for to go through all the machinations of the deal.
Depending on the nature of a given deal, it can take a few weeks to a couple,
three months to actually cut the deal and finalize the language in terms
everybody can agree with. We only literally finished the deal last week.

Writing on B5:TMoS is complete, and as soon as the powers that be sign off on
everything, it can be turned in and we can start moving. At that point, I can
say more about this.

Figure another couple of weeks.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2004 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)
[/I]

Comments

• RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    WOOOOHOOOO
    now all we need to know is, what the hell is TMoS?
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    hmm...

maybe its another movie, or another possible pilot?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The [i]something[/i] of [i]something[/i].

Hmmmmm...
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I just saw a guess on another board which would make JMS a prime target for my anti-son-of-a-bitch machine: Babylon 5: TV Movie or Show.

In other words, another Legends of the Rangers. But my instinct tells me it's an actual title, and not a bastardly code.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    its funny that he wouldnt tell us the title but yet would give us the arcronym...
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Trader [/i]
    [B]its funny that he wouldnt tell us the title but yet would give us the arcronym... [/B][/QUOTE]
    It's just his way of having some good ol' sadistical fun ;)
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    TMoS = The Mother Of Stations! Babylon X ..... 5 Parsecs long...... :eek: :p

- PJH
  • might be called either

The Murder Of Sherriden

The Mystery of Sinclair

The Mystery of Sherriden

The Mystery of Shadows

ya know what i dont have a clue:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PJH [/i]
    [B]TMoS = The Mother Of Stations! Babylon X ..... 5 Parsecs long...... :eek: :p

- PJH [/B][/QUOTE]

I recommend if you ride the core shuttle from one end to the other, you bring a book. Hell, bring the Library of Congress if you can.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    the movement of shadows.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Trader [/i]
    [B]the movement of shadows. [/B][/QUOTE]

That is what I was thinking too.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]I recommend if you ride the core shuttle from one end to the other, you bring a book. Hell, bring the Library of Congress if you can. [/B][/QUOTE]

You just need internal jump gates for the core shuttle. :D
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    I wonder when it is in terms of timeline....post B5 ? post Crusade ? Somewhere in parallel, like in LoTR ?

I think we'll need a new adversary to fight... the Shadows are definitely past thier use-by date
  • AggamemnonAggamemnon Earthforce Officer
    I have a feeling it could be Shadow related - but with Valen and the FirstOnes
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    I believe it is "The Movements Of Shadows":

Just to honk you off even further about all th is...in the speculation of
    titles...one of you was correct.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
  • okay one of us was correct with all the guessing so the possible titles are

The Movements Of Shadows

The Mystery of Shadows

The Murder Of Sherriden

The Mystery of Sinclair

The Mystery of Sherriden

i wonder which one it was, hmmmm
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    The Memory of Shadows

And I agree it might be about the war 1000 years ago...well technically 750 years ago... ;)

Worf
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mundane [/i]
    [B]I believe it is "The Movements Of Shadows"[/B][/QUOTE]

No, that's a crappy title. Something like, I don't know, Movements of Fire and Shadow would be much better.

Oops, can't use [i]that[/i].
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]The Memory of Shadows

And I agree it might be about the war 1000 years ago...well technically 750 years ago... ;)

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking the same thing, maybe the telling of Valen and the first shadow war, could be interesting. but i dunno, of course, if you ask me, just about anything with Zathras is good by me.
  • Andy La RubinAndy La Rubin Earthforce Officer
    "Throw Morden off Station" is my favorite ;)
  • I think we're getting off topic here.

NEW B5!

(Though that last one has a nice ring to it :D)
  • Babylon 5: The Mockery of Sierra

Game. Funding. Source.

I [we?] wish.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    :D
  • ArikArik Galen's Apprentice
    Interesting... Given jms' tendency to throw red herrings our way, I have a couple of comments.

1) It could stand for 'The Movie or Show', since that would keep us trying to read into what the title is when there is no title. However, that's not likely since, if it's somewhat finalized, they have to know which it's going to be, a movie or a show. Still, it's a possibility.

2) If it is indeed a title, I am surprised that everyone just assumed T stands for 'The'. Why can't it stand for something else, like Telepath(ic)? The title could well be
    Babylon 5: Telepathy: Mind of Shadow or something like that.

It could also be

Babylon 5: The Matter of State, and deal with some of the events taking place on Earth during the Clark administration. A big screen introduction of Nightwatch would certainly be a somber reminder of how easy it is to lose freedom to fear.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arik [/i]
    [B]Interesting... Given jms' tendency to throw red herrings our way, I have a couple of comments.

1) It could stand for 'The Movie or Show', since that would keep us trying to read into what the title is when there is no title. However, that's not likely since, if it's somewhat finalized, they have to know which it's going to be, a movie or a show. Still, it's a possibility.
    [/b][/quote]
    well, that depends. you should not forget that he still doesn't want (or can't) tell us WHAT it is, and that TMoS as "name" for the project is much older, something he might have used in conversations or correspondance with other people....

[quote][b]
    2) If it is indeed a title, I am surprised that everyone just assumed T stands for 'The'. Why can't it stand for something else, like Telepath(ic)? The title could well be
    Babylon 5: Telepathy: Mind of Shadow or something like that.

It could also be

Babylon 5: The Matter of State, and deal with some of the events taking place on Earth during the Clark administration. A big screen introduction of Nightwatch would certainly be a somber reminder of how easy it is to lose freedom to fear. [/B][/QUOTE]

also, that most people take S for Shadow(s)...

though i'd rather not have the EarthAlliance stuff treated in a single movie (of the week)... there's to much potential in there....
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arik [/i]
    [B]1) It could stand for 'The Movie or Show', since that would keep us trying to read into what the title is when there is no title. However, that's not likely since, if it's somewhat finalized, they have to know which it's going to be, a movie or a show.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Yes, but *we* do not know yet, and he told *us* about "TMoS".

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arik [/i]
    [B]2) [...] Babylon 5: The Matter of State, and deal with some of the events taking place on Earth during the Clark administration. A big screen introduction of Nightwatch would certainly be a somber reminder of how easy it is to lose freedom to fear. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Indeed, this would be an ambituous project, and the more interesting in the light of current state of the world.
    But, actually, I can not believe this could happen... although I would like to.
    I think it's something better glimpsed from the outside, like ISN's two trips to the station (I'm willing to bet the senator in And Now For a Word was a Clarke supporter, for instance), and the annoying woman in Shadow Dancing (I still love how abusive she is to her husband "Your mother reads trash, and so do you!").

But what do I know?
  • AggamemnonAggamemnon Earthforce Officer
    Ooh.. I hadn't thought of that.

I'm not sure if it well be ISN related... although with the current state of the world something Nightwatch related would certainly be topical.
  • Alpha-1Alpha-1 Elite Ranger Germany
    JMS posted this in the Newsgroup

[quote]Just to honk you off even further about all th is...in the speculation of
    titles...one of you was correct.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
    [/quote]
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    it may be interesting to note, I remember reading some things a while back about the possibility of a science fiction show/movie without having human beings in it. The current theory from TV/Movie executives is that you should have humans in it.

I know it sounds funny, but think about it. How many sci-fi related movies or shows have you seen without any references to Earth, or in general having people play non-aliens.

However, Babylon 5 did break that mold, there are several episodes that deal with mostly alien subject matters and there is a lot of on screen time with only aliens.

I specifically remember reading about the possibility of doing a B5 prequel that would involve the last shadow war and Valen (Sinclair) fighting it. It specifically stated that because of the lack of humans it wouldnt work.

Now, personally Id like to see it, but we all know that producers and executives tell us what we really want to watch.