Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

JMS about new project

2»

Comments

• AggamemnonAggamemnon Earthforce Officer
    I agree. It could just be Vorlons, Shadows and Minbari (with a couple of other firstones thrown in)
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    I sincerely freakin hope so... in terms of the First Shadow War...

I think the greater Sci-fi community is ready to deal with a series which doesn't have any of us soft pink humies in it.

It frees up JMS to write as he wishes... continue to draw parables for us, like the episode where the Markab are destroyed by a 'shameful' disease... which spoke volumes about AIDS in our current world.

When you have no real frame of reference to link it back to Earth... a writer can do what the hell he/she likes.
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    It's a game.

JMS told once about ongoing talks and efforts to do a new game after ITF failed.

But if I'm wrong it's a movie about Dilgar war. That would be interesting at least. Or a movie about Firstones. :)

- PJH
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][B]When you have no real frame of reference to link it back to Earth... a writer can do what the hell he/she likes.[/B][/QUOTE]

This would be great!

I'd love it to be about the Shadows in the beginning or Telepaths.

:)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arik [/i]
    [B]
    Babylon 5: The Matter of State, and deal with some of the events taking place on Earth during the Clark administration. A big screen introduction of Nightwatch would certainly be a somber reminder of how easy it is to lose freedom to fear. [/B][/QUOTE]

I like it.
    No, I really Like it.

That idea is very applicable, because remember, we only got one view and an occational glimpse at the enemies view... (at the risk of sounding like a politician with John philip susa playing in the background) what about the people!?

I would say that is a very possible idea, it fits the theme for current times, seals a very human base, and presents potential for the original cast.
  • B5:TMoS

[B]Info[/B]
    B5 - 'Babylon 5' (I'm smart... :rolleyes: )
    T - Anything under the sun...
    M - A name... If it was 'Master' or 'Movement' that would be wrong.. small m for those two..
    o - A normal word, non-name
    S - A name..

the movement of shadows = B5:TmoS

[B]Google:[/B]
    TMos - Testament of Moses

TM = Testament?
    o = Of
    S = Shadows?

Also, if it was 'The Movie or Show' this is how his text would look:
    "Writing on Babylon 5: The Movie or Show is complete..."
    Which does actually work. I disagree in having the word movement in the title, it isn't a normal title. What does movement mean, travel? Because to move could mean a lot of things and a story involving 'movement' doesn't sound interesting. And it implies the story follows the last word in the name... so we would be following the activities of the shadows, from the shadows point of view. Movements, could work and does sound MORE interesting.... but to imply travel you wouldn't use the word movements. When someone says movements you think, ok watch me move from one side of this room to another.

'The Mystery' could have worked... but there is no more mystery so... Sherriden wasn't murdered so... And there is nothing mysterious about Sinclair...
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    how about: "Trademark of Straczynski"?
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    i really like the "babylon 5:Telepathy: MInd of Shadow
  • Ok ok, a few things...

1) in titles, every word is capitalized except "to, a, an, the, or, etc..." So Movements is such a word to be capitalized. The first letter in the title is always capitalized, so "T" can still represent "the."

2) There is a BIG mystery of Sinclair.... the whole B4 Story. There's a book called, think something like Dreaming in the Crystal City, that leaves a few questions as to what became of Sinclair.... we do know he became Valen, and that he was chased off Minbar after the war, but his children returned to Minbar.... His children!?! Sinclair was in love with a certain woman, who is hurlded through time (no one knows where). Does Sinclair fall in love with a new lover (Minbari woman) or does fate smile upon him and does he find his Fiancee (have her go through the same transformation). The latter also stems to answer the question of when the cryptic letter to Marcus was sent... as it was written on very old paper, and from Both Sinclair and his Fiancee.... was it written on the old paper in the present, or was it written when the paper was new, a thousand years ago.....
  • okay, so this may be premature, but I thought I'd throw it out anyway.

I'm new to this community and just recently discovered the canned ITF project (as an avid gamer, simmer, and B5 fan, I am ashamed). I have been trying to learn more about the current efforts to ressurect the game, but haven't learned much. I am impressed by projects such as IFH, B5 for Freespace 2, and others. While these projects are VERY impressive (especially IFH) and the dev teams deserve commendation, after seeing the ITF trailer, I ach to see this project also brought back to life.

If JMS is working on a new B5 TV project, this could be an opportunity. It would certainly hinge on his project's success, but with success there, a new campaign to ressurect the ITF project and find a willing producer could be mounted, and I feel if we did it right, we could meet with success!!

Even if it isn't a TV project...ANY project...it could serve as a good platform for our efforts!

Let me know what you think...and I'm definately eager to get more involved here!
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [quote] have been trying to learn more about the current efforts to ressurect the game, but haven't learned much.[/quote]

There are no ongoing efforts to resurrect the game. There WERE attempts made in the past, but it's time to move on.
  • most unfortunate.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Maybe Biggles can show you the history page; I don't know where he keeps it.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Until Sanfam gets around to the big site redesign he's been going on about, you can find it here:

[url]http://www.firstones.com/firstoneshistory.html[/url]
  • I appreciate the link. Very informative.

Still...it's like meeting a woman and instantly falling for her, knowing that you were meant to spend the rest of your life with her...and then learning she's married. (we're assuming in this analogy that these two BELIEVE in the sanctity and fidelity of marriage).

But y'know what? As long as there's people out here with the dream, then the dream isn't dead. you say 'it's time to move on', but I think that's rather defeatist. sure it's been 4 years...okay. But there are other ways to realize the dream...it may not be in the same name, but it's still the dream. B5:IFH is a great start, and I have high hopes for it. So, I guess I'm sayin, although you may have given up the fight...although you may have quit, there's at least one person who's ready to strap on his boots and jump into it, in any way he can. But maybe I'm the minority...hell, wouldn't be the first time

Not much of a pep talk, but that wasn't what I was goin for.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    We don't think it's time to move on from the dream of a B5 game. It's just time to move on from trying to revive B5:ITF.
  • Oh, okay!!! well in that case...I'm not so down then!
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Hey, Ag,
    Gig'em, from the class of '88.
  • Well then, Let's Beat The Hell Outta whoever we gotta to get what we want!! ;-) WHOOP!
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Worf claims to know what it is.
  • we tried and tried and tried.

sierra said f*ck off, and refused to sell for any price.

gah...:mad: :( :angryv:
  • Dose Bastahds!
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    Just while we're on the subject of new projects, does anyone know if we poor aussies are going to get a showing of "Legend of the Rangers" here?
    I'm always up for a new JMS&/B5 project (and this one does seem quite tantilising :) ) but the networks here seem to get the willies when it comes to showing new B5 stuff.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    no idea, sorry. not that your missing much with Legend of the Rangers IMHO:rolleyes:
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    Oh dear, that's not a good sign or portent.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    1) B5:LR was just a pilot movie, and compared to TG, i think it's much better.
    (just compare TG to your favourite B5 ep, and then LR to that ep, and tell me what of the two came out better)

2) i did like LR, so did a few other people. (never the less, if there was the slightest possibility that either LR or crusade would be continued, i'd have to vote for crusade)
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bobo [/i]
    [B]Hey, Ag,
    Gig'em, from the class of '88. [/B][/QUOTE]

Aggies are bad.

[COLOR=orangered]HOOK'EM HORNS! =)[/COLOR]
  • LoL....SAW EM OFF...and Beat The Hell Outta t.u....WHOOP!!!

*all in good fun:) *