Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Good free DVD creation software

BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
Anyone know of any? I have some Divx files I want to turn into DVDs.

Comments

• Been wondering that to.... I remember seeing DVD burning\ripping software for $14 or so at Staples.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Burning them isn't a problem, I need something to actually make the DVD data to burn.
  • In Soviet Russian, DVDs write you.

Maybe try Download.com?
  • You can try visiting [URL=http://www.dvdrhelp.com]Dvdrhelp[/URL] , they usually have answers to everything.
    I think the software you need is TMPGEnc, not sure tho, look it up on that site.
    The TMPGEnc one wants money, and I've already exhausted my trial period for it when I did this last time.
    Having had a poke around the net, it seems that the only programs that exist to do DVD authoring all want money and usually put a horrible big logo over the movie in the trial version.
  • AggamemnonAggamemnon Earthforce Officer
    Have a poke around for some Linux tools. Some of them have Win32 verisions too, or you could just move to Linux!
    I found a variety of linux tools. However, it's a bit slow having to run a separate command line tool with a long list of arguments for the many steps of the process, and then repeat for a large number of files.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]I found a variety of linux tools. However, it's a bit slow having to run a separate command line tool with a long list of arguments for the many steps of the process, and then repeat for a large number of files. [/B][/QUOTE]

Tmpeg wants money now? that sucks, it used to be free, the only free tools i know are for. Umm "backing up" existing DVD's