Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

JMS Interview at IGN

You can find it [URL=http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/505/505819p1.html]here[/URL]. At the Question about the Future of B5 JMS said
[quote]IGNFF: What is the future of the B5 universe?

JMS: Wait about a month and you'll find out. The clue is in the opposite of can't.
[/quote]

Comments

• David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    The "opposite of can't"? Jeeze, you know, I can definitely buy the fact that this is the same guy who wrote such annoyingly obtuse (and dopey sounding) lines as "you are the hand".

The opposite of "can't". As in "can"? As in "The beggars' Cant?" As in the Little Engine That Could ("I think I can, I think I can..."). As in "The footage is 'in the can'", meaning it's already be filmed?
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    arghh....
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mundane [/i]
    [B]arghh.... [/B][/QUOTE]

You said it! Opposite of "Can't"? WTF

1) "t'nac" Are there any Narns named T'nac?
    2) The "can" film festival?
    3) "The clue is in the 'can'."

:confused:
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Maybe the new project is a B5 based soft drink that comes in a can ;)

Worf
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    God I hope not lol! That would be dire!

Talking of B5 drinks, anyone remember what some of the drinks were called that Londo etc drank? I don't recall any names of drink. And I mean made up names.
    :)

As for the can. Perhaps it is already in the can. Certainly is all sounding positive now.
    :)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Hmmm.... why does IGN do articles about B5? as to the can comment, who the hell knows... might not even make sense after we find out what the thing is haha

EDIT: Post 2500! Woohoo!!
    the Cannes film festival is in the middle of may.....
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    Well, that answer will turn your noodle to mushed goose liver. :confused:

Maybe it's a cancan. ;)

Martian Dust, here's a few I can remember; Hot Jalla, Brivarri (sp?) and Jovian Sunspots. So hoist a toast for me to Morgoth, Guardian of the Underworld and Keeper of Frontdoors :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Samsomael [/i]
    [B]Maybe it's a cancan. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, maybe it really is B5 on Ice! :D
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Nah.
    It's the Babylon 5 Broadway Musical: "The Music of the Shadows".
    With Morden's great dance-number "Me and my Shadow", as was hinted in the blooper reels AND the centauri prime trilogy.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Maybe he's referring to the 'can of whoopass' that will be opened on Sci Fi in general when whatever it is gets announced?? ;)

Thinking about the Cannes festival, sci fi films rarely debut there do they?
    Googling:

[url]http://www.teachersdesk.org/writcan.html[/url] hmmm....

[url]http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/02/28/1077677016578.html?from=storyrhs[/url]

"In the can - film studios finished"

interesting...
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]Nah.
    It's the Babylon 5 Broadway Musical: "The Music of the Shadows".
    With Morden's great dance-number "Me and my Shadow", as was hinted in the blooper reels AND the centauri prime trilogy. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wasn't that Mollari that did that in the bloopers?
  • AggamemnonAggamemnon Earthforce Officer
    Yeah, it was
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    yay! :)
    Centauri..Centari..tomato..tomarto..potato..potarto
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [B]Well, that answer will turn your noodle to mushed goose liver. :confused:

Maybe it's a cancan. ;)

Martian Dust, here's a few I can remember; Hot Jalla, Brivarri (sp?) and Jovian Sunspots. So hoist a toast for me to Morgoth, Guardian of the Underworld and Keeper of Frontdoors :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah I remember now you've said them, yeah! I wonder what they had in them?! ;)

[QUOTE][B]
    Thinking about the Cannes festival, sci fi films rarely debut there do they?[/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm are we sure its a B5 project?! Perhaps he just said that to keep us off the trail?! Ok am getting paranoid now! ;)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Well, Jalla and Brivari were both Centauri drinks. I'm guessing Jalla is like coffee, because, well, it's hot, it sounds like "java", and Londo offered it to his Minbari guests even after he found out what alcohol did to them.

Not sure what a Jovian Sunspot is, but for some reason, the name reminds me of the Warp Core Breach, a drink at the [url=http://www.startrekexp.com/]Star Trek Experiance[/url] in Las Vegas which is, if memory serves, a fishbowl filled with some five kinds of rum.

As for Brivari, well, I think Londo put it best:

"Do you know Brivari? No, of course you don't. I can see by the expression on your face that says, 'hold my head to your ear, you'll hear the sea'."
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    What about a Pan Galactic Gargleblaster?

Jake
    G'kwan Eth seeds in the proper mix of alcohol!
    (Add self-made rocket lift off sounds here :) )
  • Interesting...
    To sum up:

[U]B5:TMoS[/U]

it seems (to me) as though there's going to be an announcement from the UK ... from Warner Brothers ... around May 15th
    -samuelk interprets JMS

all the correct agreements have been signed, sealed and delivered, the draft has gone in, met with great enthusiasm all around
    it isn't a novel, or a short story, a comic, an animated series, a radio drama or a stage play. Beyond that, deponent sayeth not
    it's pretty cool
    The clue is in the opposite of can't.
    -JMS.

deponent - one who makes a deposition, or gives written testimony under oath, to be used in the trial of some case before a court of justice, see also [url=http://www.wordwizard.com/clubhouse/founddiscuss1.asp?Num=1885]this discussion[/url]
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lord QDaan [/i]
    [B]it seems (to me) as though there's going to be an announcement from the UK ... from Warner Brothers ... around May 15th[/B][/QUOTE]

Wasn't the UK announcement supposed to be in London?

That date and location coincides with [URL=http://www.londonexpo.com/]The London Expo[/URL] with his surprising because was organised by SFX.

Worf
    What if the clue is like cryptic crossword? IN "the opposite of can't", an anagram of some sort or substitution of words:

opposite = the oppostition = Shadows. Switch it around a bit "the ... of Shadows"?

B5 always seemed to be about what you can make happen so maybe it is a new series.

Seems a long shot but I like long odds :D
  • RigsRigs Earthforce Officer
    Hmmm...

Anyone notice that a month from now is roughly when E3 will be going on? Could it be?... :eek:

=-Rigs-=
    Re: Hmmm...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rigs [/i]
    [B]Anyone notice that a month from now is roughly when E3 will be going on? Could it be?... :eek:

=-Rigs-= [/B][/QUOTE]

E3 isn't in the UK, unless things have changed alot. I thought it was in LA this year.

Worf
    Please excuse my ignoramusness :) , what is E3?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Re: Re: Hmmm...

E3 = Electronic Entertainment Expo, the really big expo that generally features nothing but computer games, computer games, hardware for powering computer games, and more computer games.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WORF [/i]
    [B]E3 isn't in the UK, unless things have changed alot. I thought it was in LA this year.

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought it was in LA every year.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    E3 is at LA every year I think. I can only hope...........
    Was E3 where ITF was first demonstrated?
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [B]Was E3 where ITF was first demonstrated? [/B][/QUOTE]
    If I remember right it was the place.