Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Space Empires B5 mod

there is B5 mod for SE4 game here is the link for download this mod

[url]http://www.xmission.com/~rstulce/B5Web.htm[/url]

Comments

• BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Aye, we've known of that one for some time. Thanks for the link, and welcome to the boards!

The beer's in the fridge, and the nuts are all over the place.
  • RambieRambie Earthforce Officer
    New version of MOD

I think Bekenn means there is a new version of the B5MOD for Space Empires 4 Gold. The previous version was only for the non-Gold version of SE4.

If you have SE4 Gold, check it out. The developers of the MOD and I are starting a PBW game "Babylon5 - The Great War" Join up if you'd like at the PBW site: [url]http://seiv.pbw.cc[/url]
  • 8 more free slots are open in "Babylon5 - The Great War" join up untill is too late :)
    Re: New version of MOD

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rambie [/i]
    [B]I think Bekenn means there is a new version of the B5MOD for Space Empires 4 Gold. The previous version was only for the non-Gold version of SE4.[/B][/QUOTE]

Apparently, I don't know nearly as much as I thought I knew. I just vaguely remembered reading something about a B5 mod and Space Empires 4 many moons ago....
    Re: Re: New version of MOD

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]Apparently, I don't know nearly as much as I thought I knew. I just vaguely remembered reading something about a B5 mod and Space Empires 4 many moons ago.... [/B][/QUOTE]

No worries there dude. Do you have SE4?
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I want SE4!! :(
    Re: Re: Re: New version of MOD

[B]No worries there dude. Do you have SE4? [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope. Not yet, at least. I don't really know much about it.
    You can get a demo: [url]http://www.shrapnelgames.com/[/url]
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I've played the demo too many times, I want the real thing. :(
    Um... then get it.
  • NorlionNorlion Earthforce Officer
    I got it! AHAHAHAHA! It's one of the best 4X games ever made. Better than Pax Imperia, Ascendancy, and Master of Orion. Not sure about Galactic Civilizations if you define Galciv as a 4X. Anyway. Wow! I grab the B5 mod, but I will only play after I beat a game or two of regular SEIV. Buy it! You won't be disappointed.
    Agreed, having played them too, SE4 is better than Pax Imperia (PC version), Ascendancy, and Master of Orion I and II.

To me, Galactic Civilizations is not the same type of game as SE4... I have it too and it's fun... but I find SE4 better. Maybe I'm biased because I beta tested SE4.

Well, the MOD uses a totally different tech-tree and other major changes, the result is that it makes the MOD more like a different game using the SE4 engine. What works in the standard tech-set doesn't necessarily work in the B5 MOD.
    Cool. I have to say Galactic Civilizations has a totally different feel and I wonder if it could really be B5 compatable. On SE4, I'm going to knock out a game to get familiar before I switch over to the B5 mod. Like Ascendancy I love the slots on ships and planets. It is a great way to allow for infinite configurations. After all there are many different Hyperion and Omega configurations and I'm sure the same is true for other races.
    If you want to try some multiplayer games let me know.
    Whoa I sat down to play the B5mod and it didn't work :confused: .

There is something wrong with the data/components.txt. Specifically the fighter sensor suite and the advanced fighter sensor suite. I tinkered a little but no luck and I don't know about modding this game (yet.) If I fix I'll let you know. If anyone else fixes it let me know.

I put SE4 back on top of it and it partially runs. Enough to show the ship sets. Wow! Cool! I can be the Centauri! Yeah! Anyway I am hoping for a fix.

Also I noticed no maps as of yet. I see two solutions. One I have some info. Two (oh yeah!) WIKI will provide! Sure I add what I know about every system, but other will too! Yeah!
    Um, you didn't send me an email did you? If so then I replied there. If not, then I've attached it below.

The MOD works for me so maybe it's a SE4 version problem. The MOD on my site is for SE4 Gold v1.91. If you have SE4 standard (v1.49), you can download the MOD for that version from the PBW site: [url]http://seiv.pbw.cc[/url]
    Yeah I sent you an Email. I didn't realize you where the same person. I'll stick with Email for technical stuff and only put the famous war-stories and all-important battle reports on the forum.

When the Centauri bombed the Narn Homeworld did the Narn feel crest fully clean? (old commerical for those who don't understand my lame joke)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Norlion [/i]
    [B]When the Centauri bombed the Narn Homeworld did the Narn feel crest fully clean? [/B][/QUOTE]

Um, I thought it was Zest-fully clean... That gingle is still stuck in my head.
    [B]Um, I thought it was Zest-fully clean...[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, well, that's what we call a Pune or play on words....

(note: I'm not misspelling; spot the reference, win a... um... well, win, anyway)
    It's alive! I am the Emperor of the Centauri Republic. Colonization takes a while. I have encountered the Grome and the Llort. Minor nuisances they are. The ships are cool, the system names are B5 appropriate and the technology is B5 appropriate. This is the B5 stradegy game we were looking for.