Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

HL2, RC1, sent to Vivendi yesterday.

[url]http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6610&st=0&#entry121781[/url]

Quoth Gabe (Confirmed him this time)
[quote] Yes, the RC went to VU yesterday.[/quote]

Now, seing as what perfectionist Valve are, I'd say theres a good chance it will go gold soon. :D

Comments

• Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    How dare you insinuate that I went to Vivendi! ;)
  • you are RC, not RC1. :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    So we should have it by about August 2006 then?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]you are RC, not RC1. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

But Gabe said "RC," not "RC1." I think this is just further evidence of RC's treachary.
  • Okay, what is RC?
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Release Candidate.
  • the_exile will have to beat Doom III in a hurry, then...
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]the_exile will have to beat Doom III in a hurry, then... [/B][/QUOTE]
    If it's too strong, the_exile is too weak
  • the_exile has forgotten his beloved Doom III, in favor of nasty old Counter-Strike. He shall repent with some sweet, sweet boomstick-on-zombie action.
  • I *Heart* CS: Source.

I'm serious, it rocks. I HATE CS. but I like CS:Source. Don't ask why. I just do.....
  • the_exile hates you with the burning fury of a thousand stars.
  • if VU accepts this one, it will go Gold Monday. (It's a 72 hours test period...soo...

Heres hoping!!!)
  • Except that they always find one more little thing to fix (usually in the installer) and the 72 hour clock restarts...

(I speak from experience)
  • the first HL1 RC was accepted... :)

So, yea, incredibly rare for that to happen, but I can hope, right? :D
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    You know...

I've been using the "VU" acronym for my Volcanic-Underground.com web site I have been building...

It kinda pisses me off that it might be used to imply Vivendi Universal... :rolleyes: :mad:

oh well maybe I can sue VivUni ... :p

j/k
  • [i]They[/i] are VUG. Even the web site is vugames.com. The registry entries I had to add to the installer are under a VUGames folder, the default install location is C:\Program Files\VUGames\LSL-MCL per their direction.

VU can be whatever you want. By the way, [i][b]what do you want?[/b][/i]

(Picture the dark reflective Morden character there, not the big goof Ed Wasser we met at the mixer...) Those were happier times. Beers with Ron T., Jerry, Ed, etc.

Hey, did you know that the Bellevue office is closed now? Gone. All that's left is LA-corporate and some 0wnz0rd shops like Blizzard, et. al. I feel bad for the QA team I was working with in Bellevue. They were good enough folks (except for one person, my bane) and it was a bummer when we heard they were all sacked.

A2597: We passed both Sony [b]and[/b] Microsoft certification the first time! Hooah!! [i]Nobody[/i] does that! It was the VUG PC certification group that took three tries... mostly because the kept not sending me "reqirements" (until they were in the bug database) and changing their minds about things. Then there was the whole Audigy issue. Ugh. That was the debugging equivalent of chronic lower back pain for like two solid weeks... and I still think it's their driver.

Example (I'm not making this up):
    VUG: "You must have the language.inf and sierra.inf files on the root directory of CD #1. This is a must fix 'A-bug'" (bugs come in rankins of A-D: "must fix" to "nice to have")
    me: "Okay, but I don't know what these do. What do I put in that file?"
    VUG: "Oh, um... it's an old requirement. You don't need it."
    me: :rolleyes:

Example 2: The registry has like 8 entries created by the installer. I use two of them for something useful. The other 6 are there because they are VUG cert. requirements; they are not used. (e.g. 8 character short-name for the game: "LSLMCL")

I absolutely swear that I am not making those up.

:shadow1:
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by John Walker [/i]
    [B]Those were happier times. Beers with Ron T., Jerry, Ed, etc.[/B][/QUOTE]

Happier for everyone, I think. We were all much more innocent many years ago.