Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

3DMark 05....owi!!!

Man...this thing is a resource hog!

I mean, I was getting down to 1 FPS on some of the test!!!! I'm kinda shocked....

ok...very....

*Sigh*

only two more years until my next major upgrade....

Comments

• Upgrade my PC... or go to college? I'm torn. :p
  • Go (to college). Now. :angryv:

Old games still run fine on your current system. You can probably play Doom3 in 1.5 years on your cell phone, PDA, or on some friend's / "it's my old computer" computer at University. :shadow1:
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    hehe, I had 1/2fps constantly on my laptop :)
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Well, I was already thinking upgrading system with new CPU+mobo.
    I think I'll keep R9700 Pro until Ati's R500 chip is ready, also 1 GB DDR400 CL2 memory should be enough for some time.

[quote]Minimum System Recommendations

DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapter with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 or later, and graphics memory of 128 MB or above.
    Intel® or AMD® compatible processor running on 2 GHz or above.
    512 MB system memory or more.
    1.5 GB of free hard disk space.
    Windows 2000 or XP operating system with the latest Service Packs and updates installed.
    DirectX 9.0c runtime installed (download) with the latest updates.
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 installed, for some 3DMark functionality (download).[/quote]
    But for what the hell they're needing Macro$oft Internet Exposed?
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    3dmark functionlity?? curious very curious.

Ive got a Opteron 2800+ mated to an ASUS Nforce 2 motherboard, next I need a new graphics card and PC3200 DDR ram, which Im going to pick up this weekend.
  • R 9800 Pro 128
    Athlon 2600+
    768MB DDR 2100...

and well...I netted 2300 3dmarks. :)

Not very much...
  • dont expect high numbers, a 6800ultra gets to 5000, highest current score right now is a pci-express system with about 5800, you wont see higher numbers until some new hardware arrives.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by E.T [/i]
    [B]Well, I was already thinking upgrading system with new CPU+mobo.
    I think I'll keep R9700 Pro until Ati's R500 chip is ready, also 1 GB DDR400 CL2 memory should be enough for some time.

But for what the hell they're needing Macro$oft Internet Exposed? [/B][/QUOTE]

That IE bit probably means it opens an IE process inside the program to make accessing the web portion of the results easier, or something silly like that. I don't know. heh
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    More likely, it just uses some functionality from the IE DLLs.
  • the Steam client does use some IE Extentions,yes...
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    05 put me in a state of shock. Not the score (2120) or the graphics, but I had no idea whatsoever that Poets Of The Fall had singles out. :)

Very good stuff if you ask me, had to place both singles on order from CDON.com. [URL=http://www.poetsofthefall.com/index.php?p=24]Clickety[/URL]!

:)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]More likely, it just uses some functionality from the IE DLLs. [/B][/QUOTE]

Or that. :D

Either way, it's nothing terribly sinister.
  • nope. It's for the info of programs available to purchase off steam. It's a webpage on the Halflife2.com site that steam links to.